Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rangpur posted:

Man now I really want to know what that twist he rejected was.

Guy has the best rejected ideas.

Related just got done reading Zatch Bell(Gash Bell? Not sure what to call it.) It is super good. It looks like I need to go read Vector Ball.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was it like that originally or did someone actually translate all of those skills?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mulva posted:

The male lead had the chance to get any super power he could imagine, and his choice was "Make things work like real life and not manga". He of course was completely successful in his endeavor because of it.

Nate RFB posted:

I largely did not actually enjoy Medaka Box. However, "defeat the super powered heroine by changing the genre into a love comedy so she instead is defeated by falling in love with the MC" was one of the greatest things I feel I've witnessed in a manga.

All of this sounds awesome.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Dragon Ball Super chapter just dropped on Viz's site and is free to anyone, so maybe it's like Crunchyroll where it can't handle it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What about a sports manga based on the noble sport of dog football?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JosephWongKS posted:

Is that football played by dogs or football played using dogs as the ball?

The former and I'm gonna be honest I just want a manga that's just an excuse for the author to draw good dogs every week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've been waiting for story with that kind of twist for ages. Hope it ends up being good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The go spend time with your family attack is amazing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I actually really feel like I don't. FT was kinda all over the place quality-wise, and I could legit buy either answer.

The Zeref fight was rushed as hell and Natsu punches the poo poo out of the evil dragon guy with a giant fist of friendship.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The biggest crime is naming it Robot X Laserbeam and making it about golf.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

other series' have lasted a while with reused characters and it's not even close to as bland/poorly written as something like junk the black shadow (which had one of the worst opening chapters I've read in a while)

I don't trust it to be good in the long run but these initial chapters have been fine

Now you got me curious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

about junk? it's not bad in an interesting way. it's just black clover if it was more generic and not as well written

I'm just curious about the opening chapter, but I was expecting something trashy, not super generic and boring.

I read the Eden Zero chapter and I'm going to stick with it, but there's reusing character design and then there's just slightly changing the name of one your past characters.

Elcy Crimson sounds like the name of a Chinese knock off action figure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Wait is that literally her name? I may be biased because I like Erza, but that's so dumb it wraps back around to being great.

Gonna be honest I would be a lot more into this if there wasn't an guild and it was more about Rebecca and Happy advancing their Space Youtube career.

Also find it funny that Junk the Black Shadow and Eden Zero both use Granbell as a location name.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Piwi rides a train again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpazmasterX posted:

I stand by the opinion that the Fullbringers would have had a much more interesting arc if it wasn't 0 to betrayal in 60 seconds. You introduce all these characters that could be fun new allies since we can't directly interact with Soul Society anymore, and Ichigo literally just got new powers and a slick new ninja style outfit when everyone heel turns on him. All you had to do was a short arc where Ichigo actually gets to do something and all these new friends get more developed, so when they actually betray him it's a million times more dramatic. You could even drop hints the whole time that maybe Xcution isn't what it seems and Ichigo keeps catching whispers from Soul Society through his badge.

But nope. None of that and all the fullbringers are never seen again. And then the Yhwach shitshow starts.

Hey now they show up again just before the final boss and proceed to do nothing!

Also rewatching the Soul Society Arc and I still like it. Kenpachi's monologue after his defeat is super good and not gonna lie I like the part at the end where Ichigo and Renji take on Aizen. Renji uses a technique he can use once and Ichigo's music starts up only for Aizen to go "nah" destroy them, get what he wants, and fucks off somewhere.

Also sometime in the Arc Ichigo goes "I can't imagine Chad losing" which is retroactively the funniest line in the series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

His name's Zolo he's just like a samurai..

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait is that "invincible in your home turf" quote another false memory?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

Not sure but did people catch last week's chapter of Marry Grave?
It's not a look-alike or a clone, it's just his great-granddaughter. I instantly imagine her not believing who he really is and it takes a peek in the coffin to see her great-grandmother to convince her.

Unless I'm missing something perusing Mangaplus' site they don't keep the full series available, even for series that have ended serialization. And if it's a series that is still updating they keep a 3 chapter queue of the most recent chapters and bump of the oldest chapter to make room for the new one. The benefit of keeping a fan translation of a manga hosted on those terms is that when people want to read older chapters they are probably more likely to go to your site where you still host them.

Well unless you are Mangastream.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think manga plus gives full access to manga for free so the skip was inevitable

Can you get full access? I don't see anything on the site about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

A new chapter of Battle after 5 seconds is out and fully explains how the main characters power works

https://mangadex.org/chapter/544632/1

That TN at the end is pretty good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alder posted:

RIP Helck had a decent beginning then crashed and burned.

Also, Orient dropped the ball on the recent ch adding a female party member and I'm wondering if it's still worth reading :eyepop:

Imo the end of Helck is pretty good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is this an early April Fools prank or did JB actually get taken down?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I noticed the We Never Learn anime just started. Is it good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lamebot posted:

Seven Deadly Sins 310:"I have to go now, my planet nee-"*SPLAT* -- Elizabeth died on the way to the Melodias' home planet.

what the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe an editor came down and was like "no you are not ending this"

Has that ever happened before?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna lie the more I think about it the more I want whatever anime season it lands on to end on it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So do you pronounce the X? Or is it like Hunter x Hunter? Spy Cross Family?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mulderman posted:

Elizabeth is so cool though!

Yeah that was pretty cool and I hope it keeps up cause I like this tag team setup.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's been a while but the translation for Bobobo is finally moving past where the anime ended

https://mangadex.org/chapter/645533/1

https://mangadex.org/chapter/647634/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

Oh wow, I never knew about that second part. That does really suck, especially since EL is the second half of a subplot and you need to see Water 7 to understand or care about any of it.

They did, Toonami restarted One Piece at the Davy Back Fights since that was when the aspect ratio changed happen.

Toonami did hype up Enies Lobbies I think right after they step off the train and then a not too long after that everything stops so each of the Strawhats get their own clipshow episode and it's like 5 episodes straight/a whole month. I mean that solves the explaining the characters problem I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

The super, super brief tourney match section at the end of the training arc. The one that Naruto ripped off and extended to 50+ chapters.

I hear this a bit, but I don't see it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

Beastars is the best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will at least watch the episode where the one guy starts fabricating memories of him with the MC and his power reveal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

Rip Ougmadoki Zoo

Was it good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You gotta save your Vegeta.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The main character reminds me of Mob.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

Mashle: was stupid funny again. It's so stupid over the top with reaction faces

The chapter
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006362

I like that Mash learned from the Tao Pai Pai school of flying

Also

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That last page got a good laugh out of me.

"Expulsion? Big deal." :smug:

"...wait"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's probably the biggest lose I've ever seen in a Shounen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everything starts off okay, they beat the people that boarded their ship, they beat one of the elite 4 dudes, then the dude who beat the elite 4 gets shot and everything just starts going to poo poo until everyone is captured.

Then the bad guy gathers them up in some underground, tells them he sold off the two mascot characters to a junk shop, chops off the arm of the dude who got shot, reveals that they didn't actually beat the people who boarded their ship and he now has control of the ship, and when the MC is giving his hot blooded "I will beat you" speech the bad guy shoots him in the head and the manga goes "yes he just loving died"