Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Silver2195 posted:

I've also been reading some Case Closed (Detective Conan). The whole concept is very strange tonally, isn't it? You have these serious murder mysteries combined with these Saturday-morning-cartoon elements like the inventor neighbor and the chibified protagonist. (Also funny how no one seems to think it odd for a 7-year-old boy to be so comfortable around dead bodies.)

I suspect it will get stale eventually (it's a 1000+-chapter series, after all, and it has a reputation for becoming more formulaic over time), but for now I'm enjoying the twisty mysteries.
I'm over a hundred chapters in (just finished the one about the triplets), and so far I've seen maybe one mystery that doesn't involve a grisly murder. And it still has a small child stumbling on a severed head.

(It turns out to be a stage prop)

I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

muscles like this! posted:

The supportive signs in Akane were a lot of fun.
I am very curious as to what they look like in Japanese.