Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Again!! 39

My, three chapters in the same week. Nice to see VI giving this some love at last.

I love the way Hiro immediately jumps to abusing the Again!! for fun and profit. Every time a fictional character gets their hands on a time machine and fails to break the world in half I die a little inside. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins 32

It's Diane! :neckbeard:

I thought it was kind of a dick move that she got benched in the arc to retrieve her own treasure.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Half the cast dying at the end of Part I really put me off Kamisama no Iutoori. Who are these characters? I don't know these characters! I don't care about these characters! Bring back the old characters. I cared about them! We were finally getting somewhere with the plot, even. And the art's gone all to pot because it's weekly now, and, uurgh, I just cannot be bothered.

It's got a pretty great one-page for one-page threads, though:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Tail Star updated! :woop:

Which is something I wish it'd do more often, because I can barely remember what it's about half the time.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Seven Sins 36

"The legendary criminal, getting ready for more groping!!" :geno:

But hey, I guess now we know what Meliodas' sin does. Even if we're still not sure what it is. Berserk mode? Hidden personality?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Allarion posted:

A whole volume's worth of chapters for Again, starting from Chapter 53.

Can every day be VIS' birthday, please? :ohdear:

This is so beautiful. :3:

I hope it lasts. :ohdear:

(it won't :cry:)

Allarion posted:

Man, I feel like I've seen protagonist baseball teams lose more than actually getting a win in shonen, and they never go to Koshien.

If that's something you want to see more of, have you read H2?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I know this is kind of a silly question, but has Again changed or gotten better in these later chapters? I dropped it around the time they introduced the rival midget ouendan leader. I thought the concept for the series was pretty great but did not care about the ouendan stuff at all.

I think this is the end of the rival/ouedan arc, and we're back to more general time travel shenanigans after this. The whole cheering concept isn't going to go away, though, I don't think: it's kind of a theme with Kubo Mitsurou.

And this volume made it totally awesome so shut up. :colbert:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

New chapter of Seven Sins.

Meliodas is back, and now everyone's hosed forever. :black101:

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 15, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

I hope this is the start of going full-on :black101:

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/47/

:black101:-ho!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I legitimately think Hiro has the right idea and that they could find some way to get around the whole "minors being unable to bet/buy lottery tickets" thing. I mean, ask your parents to buy it or something.

I also don't quite get why Imamura is so weird about dating Shibata. It's not like he has to be in True Love to date this girl when he's 15/16 (though given the fact that he has the mind of an ~18 year old who has never dated anyone I guess it isn't that strange for him to have such an attitude, even if it's frustrating as the reader).

Imamura seems to think he's not worthy of her/will inevitably gently caress it up. Which is... a pretty natural outgrowth of his lack of self-esteem, zero experience and generally pessimistic outlook, I guess. I say "seems", because it feels like we've missed a chapter somewhere; he's leapt straight from playing truant with Hiro to this, and I'm not really grasping the causal chain here.

Might be interesting to compare this with some of Kubo Mitsurou's other works; Moteki is all about the protagonist wrestling with his inability to... healthily(?)... interact with women- it's basically the story of the Nice Guy who didn't want to be a Nice Guy- and the guy in 3.3.7 Byooshi!! is... not entirely there.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

And, as if on cue chapter 70.

In which Hiro continues to be a tit, Danchou continues on in her little Danchou world, Imamura continues to self-destruct, high schoolers continue to be more excited by people dating than I ever remember, and Aki loses what little is left of her m- oh, Aki never had a mind, my mistake.

(I actually kinda miss Aki, I wish she'd get more screentime.)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Again!! 71

In which Hiro fucks with Reo's head some.

God loving dammit, Hiro.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Gonna throw in a recommendation for Akame ga Kill in here. Really dark for a shonen series(kinda gory), it's pretty funny sometimes and has some great action. Only issues I have with it are the occasional fanservice and that it likes to introduce characters only to horribly murder them half a chapter later(this is just kind of annoying, not bad though).

It's being released monthly.

I'll second this- tentatively. It is ridiculously gorny, as in, I'm pretty sure Wolfsmund is still worse (haven't read Wolfsmund), but the fact that I even feel the need to draw the comparison should speak volumes. It is a passable shounen story, though, and the action is pretty great. Plus, when this manga says "anyone can die", it means anyone. If the main love interest got smeared along a wall next chapter I wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't know if anybody follows Pumpkin Scissors but it's been updated with 4 new chapters in the past week. Looks like the group that usually does it got some help so maybe updates will come a little more regularly.

I remember that anime!

It, uh, wasn't all that great. Is the manga any better?

OP is still great, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZjHKQ-sUQ

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Sindai posted:

Well at least Ishida learned she's kind of a terrible person almost immediately.

I assumed she was introduced to set up a love triangle, but I don't see how that could work now.

I think there's a non-zero probability that she's trying to play into what she thinks he wants, and her real personality isn't quite as abrasive as she's trying to make out. Her going after Deaf Girl felt kinda desperate, to me. Of course, she was fairly mean to Vibrating-Through-Worlds-kun and as far as we know she didn't have an audience there...

Or MC is going to discover her Terrible Issues that make her such a terrible person and help her Work Through Them, like the protagonist he is.

Or ^^^that^^^, yeah. Or less axe-crazy variant thereof. Anyway, there's no way this is over yet.

No, I can't remember the names of anyone in this manga.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

I think this might be the clearest action sequence ever featured in an Oh! Great manga.

Speaking of Biorg Trinity, thoughts anyone? It seems... painfully generic, with great art.

The concept is interesting enough, I guess...

EDIT: Wait, this should be in the Seinen thread :v:

Whoops. I even made a point of checking.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 2, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins #69

Gowther is really beginning to grow on me. Starting out, I read him as kinda robotic and emotionless, and he came off as really dull, but lately it's becoming more and more obvious that he's actually got a really dry, understated wit hiding in there. :allears:

"Who, indeed?"

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

HenryEx posted:

Can anyone tell me what the gently caress's going on with Tokyo Ghoul? :psyduck:

The three most recent chapters. No, i didn't cut any out. Take note of the upload date, too.

ninjaedit: Apparently it's supposed to be seinen? Eh, the question still stands.

If you open the chapters there're notes explaining it. Something something found a translation something something did this for some guy something something.

Those are some loving chapters, though. :stare:

It's going full loving shounen on us. And full gorn at the same time.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Allarion posted:

Well Saiki from PSI Saiki Kasuo can, but he also kind of hates everyone regardless. Shame that manga is too wordy or full of puns that no one wants to translate it, it seems to be a pretty funny manga. He's even in that newest Jump Vs. game.

Speak of the devil and he shall be translated.

Wish that worked for more series. :sigh:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

The original is great and I still think the ending, transdimensional Hitlers aside, was better than Brotherhood/the manga's stock villain and super-shounen power of friendship showdown.

Come at me, motherfuckers. :colbert:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Is anyone still keeping up with Birdmen? Tanabe Yellow's new (kinda) ongoing? The updates have been... sclerotic, what with getting dicked around by scanners on top of what was already a monthly release schedule, but it seems to be kicking into gear with the latest chapter. It's got that typical shounen "heroic will forged in the moment of greatest weakness" thing going on that always gives me a little tingle in the fingers.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Kimetsu no Yaiba is pretty good. Like not amazing but very readable.

I like KnY a lot. Probably more than it deserves, but still. Here are three reasons why:

1) Tanjiro is a good boy who works hard and treats others well. Theoretically this is every shounen protagonist, but this time I actually believe it!

2) The art is... really good horror art? It's creepy- Inosuke's pig head mask creeps me out even when he's deployed for comic relief. And the monsters! It puts me in mind of Hakaba Kitarou, even though it doesn't look anything like it.

3) The fights are short and sweet. And pretty low power, which I appreciate. That's not uncommon this early in a fighting manga's life cycle, but even so.

This last chapter was cute. Tanjiro just wandering around slaying the butterfly girls and Inosuke getting scared by a train :laugh:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

In Kimetsu no Yaiba, was Upper Moon 6 the sister, the brother, or both of them?

Yes.

(Given that they had to be killed simultaneously, I'd guess "both")

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fukken love me some Yaiba. :discourse:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like I've read a comic with a premise like this. Maybe a manhwa webtoon? I think it involved a world where everyone has a spirit animal and his childhood friend girl is killed by a monster and he rewinds time somehow? I can't remember many details, other than the fact I thought it was better than I expected it to be.

I doubt it's one of these, but just off the top of my head there's Saike Mata Shite mo and Girls Go Around.

It's a fairly common premise, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Yagi needs to go back to gag manga, because Angel Densetsu was an all timer, and Claymore and Ariadne were... fine...