Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

The Promised Neverland is really good.

Yeah, it's always been pretty decent but i've particularly enjoyed the last few chapters.

Sister Krone ended up being a better character than I expected. I thought she was just going to be a minor stooge who wasn't as smart as she thought she was to give the kids someone to beat before they escaped. But she ended up being pretty interesting and effective, even sympathetic in some ways. Sad to see her go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Really disappointed that on second look the golf manga is not about actual Robots.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

It's great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Emma's going to save all the kids.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

So a new The Promised Neverland is out on mangastream: http://readms.net/r/neverland/033/4150/1

As great as it is to see them get one over Mama, I kind of feel like it was cop-out that Ray's alive.

A good chapter and I think they deserved an unambiguous victory at this point. And i'm glad Emma saved her pal. On the other hand, I think it's lame that all of this is apparently Norman's plan. I'm cool with him leaving something behind or having some secret plan to be helpful even in death. But it'll be a shame if the end result of that fantastic glare Emma gave 2 chapters ago is just that she's following a plan that Norman made 2 whole months ago, with her not having come up with anything.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

I'm so glad Phil isn't a secret spy or something dumb like that.

He is though. Emma's secret spy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mikl posted:

The Promised Neverland: :byewhore:

That went surprisingly well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

Promised Neverland 37

I really like this series, y'all.

It's very good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Promised Neverland is out.

It's mostly just set-up but i'm glad they're getting straight into the next arc right after the escape. I've loved the series up until this point but now it needs to show it can stay good outside of the initial premise. I'm pretty confident though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

He's so intelligent that he's been played twice, if not three times already.

Yeah, by a character who's basically a genius. Tsukasa ain't super smart or anything but he's portrayed as fairly intelligent and not a huge moron, outside of like his philosophy of adult murder I guess.

He is a dangerous guy who will probably be the main villain for an arc or two and not just get punked out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Promised Neverland has good monster design. Though i'm not quite sure how a thing that big was able to sneak up on them. But it looks neat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I dropped Robot X Laserbeam after a couple of chapters but like golf aside, it didn't really seem like that great a sports series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hiruma was a really good character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Stone starts with a spontaneous and unexplained worldwide spontaneous petrification and the main character recovers from it due to wanting to confess to his crush real hard. His best friend is a teenage super genius who kept conscious as a rock through the power of counting and discovered a cure to the mysterious stone plague in no time at all.

It was never realistic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The ruse won't last past the OP but what a ruse it will be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if i'm the only one in the thread reading Haikyuu while the anime's on break but i'm very happy they're finally giving some major focus to Tanaka because he's my favourite.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Christmas Bowl wasn't all that great either. Really strong ending though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The current MHA arc has given more development and growth to several of the villains than any of the kids had gotten in like the previous 4 arcs. So it’s definitely been a better read imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endeavour as we’re introduced to him is basically a super villain who only cared about marriage and children as a eugenics program to show up All Might. He seemingly never really treated his family as people. And it’s just really hard to reconcile that with recent arcs where he is just a terrible husband and father who has realised that in pursuit of power he has hurt everyone close to him and thrown away those he deep down still cared about.

The focus arc Endeavour got was actually pretty solid but it doesn’t feel like this is the same dude we were introduced to. And it makes the writing around him come off as awkward and strange.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

My guess is the Author realized they went went too extreme with the character at the start.

That’s my read on it too. Same thing happened with Bakugo except he is a kid and also everyone loves him so it was easier to accept.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Did Chad ever get a moment to shine? I dropped the series halfway through Hueco Mundo so I never got to see my boy bring the thunder to anyone of note.

Not really.

None of the pre Soul Society characters ever did much. Even when the final arc was about one of them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hear people say Bleach had great art pretty often but I never really saw it. It wasn't bad or anything but I dunno about great. And this is coming from someone who really liked Bleach, probably for longer than I should have.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know it doesn't get talked about much here or at all, but dang the latest chapter of Haikyuu.

Feels like it's speeding towards an ending. Or a timeskip,

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I really like chainsaw man.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is Komi really a harem series?

Like, it's just a love triangle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, i've really been loving these last few chapters of Haikyuu.

I don't read as much sports manga as I maybe should but from those I have i've always wished for something of an arc like this. It's super cool!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know nobody else reads it but i'm really enjoying this final Haikyuu arc. Getting to see a match after everyone's gone pro is very cool.

Also, what's happened with Zipman? Like a week or two ago everyone was loving it but now it feels like people are just waiting for it to end.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I keep seeing people saying it's like a VN but in those you usually spend like a good 50% of the game in a specific characters route, it doesn't diverge right at the end.

Even if each character gets a volume to themselves that's still kinda less effort than your average dating sim gives.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I suppose so. Just feels like a strange medium for this storytelling format, like by necessity it seems like you'd need to make a bunch of compromises to get it to work even half decently and probably never to the same extent it works for VNs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why do people think Renji won that first fight? I see it said so much but like he loses.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah I can see it being a draw, but the end of the fight is Renji being put on his rear end and Byakuya insulting him then finishing things. That ain't a Renji victory either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And he's only the beginning of the end for Food Wars

His whole arc is dumb but the next one is really quite awful.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Gremmy fight is lame because he uses all the more imaginative applications of his absurd power in his like 1 chapter battle against Yachiru, but when Kenpachi shows up it's just all power plays.

They already established he could turn peoples bones into mush, why didn't he just do that?? It solves a lot of problems.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Haikyu is probably the best comic running in Jump right now. Maybe second to Chainsaw Man, but regardless it’s very good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There were recent police brutality protests in Japan as well.

I'm not sure how much impact it will have on the Shonen Jump readership though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Y'know it's rare for a comic's final arc to be its best but the whole post-timeskip arc of Haikyuu was fantastic. Maybe just because i'm a sucker for dramatic callbacks, but regardless it was really good.

Although, it's a shame that with Haikyuu ending Jump is now without the best Shonen genre. Hopefully it's not too long till they find a new sports series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, never knew a pack of bears was called a Sleuth.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Since Jump still hasn't got a new sports series to fill the Haikyuu shaped hole in my heart i've needed to find one myself and this one's really grabbed me. I don't know if anyone else is following it but Ao Ashi is real good imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah I was expecting that to be like a good forward must also understand defence or something. Though once it came out fullback was Akutsu's position I figured Ashito was going to stick with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They released like 7 chapters today though. So if you stick to one a day you've got another week of daily chapters!

Very good manga though. I'm surprised i'd never heard of it before I started reading a couple of months ago.