Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I was never a fan of Zipman even from the beginning. It has a cool concept, but nothing about the characters or the way they interact with each other elevates it above most series that get cancelled quickly. The brothers are some of the most dull characters I've seen in SJ lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

If Unluck can pivot away from the creepiness, I think the new plot developments will be really good.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

You’re probably going to get a lot of responses and all options have their good points.

I recommend the 2011 anime. Great animation and it goes through every manga arc, minus the current arc which is in the middle of a hiatus. Despite this, the anime ends at a good stopping point.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

dogsicle posted:

...warnings of what was to come

What didn’t you like about the fight?

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 9, 2021

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I honestly was pretty into all the mechanics of the fight. I felt part of the draw was Hisoka’s internal monologue trying to unravel what was happening and discovering the true benefit of the Sun/Moon power.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Magu-Chan :ohdear:

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I personally feel like Doron’s character interactions/dynamics are too paint-by-numbers to be interesting or good. Even the side characters are just quirky without having appealing personalities.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

The fact that Doron will have survived 30+ chapters blows my mind.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Good cause I need to recap this arc. I read the most recent chapter and have almost no memory of it.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Eh, I think Witch Watch is at its best when it forgets about its initial plot setup. In a few months I’m not going to be thinking about any of this warlock stuff, but the denim chapters live rent free in my head every day

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I never understand 100% of what’s going on in Choujin X, but I like it

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Darth TNT posted:

So how about the wild strawberry?
I guess it’s going for more of a horror take? Not sure I like the art much, but I’ll follow it for now.

Interesting setup, but super bland characters (for now)

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Was Jiangshi X doing poorly? I was under the impression Plus titles had a lot more leeway.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

CodfishCartographer posted:

IDK if it's the worst, but Time Paradox Ghostwriter will always be my most hated because it had such an amazingly strong start and a premise with tons of potential then just flushed it all down the toilet. It's definitely not the lowest quality or most bland, but it's maybe the most disappointing manga I've ever read in jump.

It was so interesting listening to the Shonen Flop episode on Ghostwriter since the hosts had the opposite opinion of like 99% of the people who have read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

This week’s Anemone wasn’t fantastic or anything, but not having the main protagonist show up at all helped a lot.