Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

It is rated "Mature" and the app doesn't do anything over "Older Teen." I'm assuming to get around age related app store issues since it avoids nudity.

mother FUCKER. It was working fine for me on the VIZ app forever. This is why I hate buying digital stuff. God damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo at this new item: Roboco's knees pillow so you can lay your head in her lap

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Alacron posted:

Yeah, Roboco's volume covers are all parodies of other manga.

https://mangadex.org/title/84fe5a6a-6414-48f3-9d87-175c3b4c6089/me-roboco?tab=art

Jesus for a second I thought Vol 6's cover was a Kujaku-Oh parody.

Man, I absolutely loved Golden Kamuy, one of my favorite titles of the past 10 years and when I heard that Noda was doing a hockey manga afterwards I was stoked, but it's just... kind of so-so? Heavily relying on the comedy aspect is fine, but the reason it worked in Golden Kamuy to me is that there were real drama and high-stakes happenings balanced it out fantastically. It feels like a huge letdown to me.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

There have been a lot of titles on Jump that I really liked and ended way too quickly. I've gotten to the point where I'm gun shy about starting a new series. I just wait until it's been around for a year or so.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerkface posted:

One of the most egregious issues I have with the ending that I think probably also turbo-affected me is the epilogue is the idea that Zenitsu and Nezuko get married. loving gross. Very harry potter esque which is not a compliment

I’m 100% with you on this. When I read it I was all ”what the gently caress” :stonk:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I need more Akanebanashi.

It's really loving great and I wish there were more series currently like it.

I also love Show-Wa Shoten. Other than old favorites like One Piece I'm loving non-battle manga in SJ.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerkface posted:

Akanebanashi hits this week, loved it

The series is SO GOOD. It's also nice to have a series where the characters are growing and getting older as it progresses as well.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

panko posted:

show-ha shoten hitting hard with the enrique jokes

It’s such a good series.

Akane turn left nooooo

And it’s nice to have Ruri Dradon back. I thought it was charming

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RatHat posted:

What was the worst manga that ever got published in Jump?

There is a lot of stuff from the 70s that was immensely popular but if you read some of them today... yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I give most things a shot if I'm in the mood, some are just a 'nope' after one chapter, some I read for a while and eventually feel it's not really something I care about much. I dropped Sakamoto around when there was the fight in the assassin office building with the film guy because I just didn't care about anyone anymore in the series.

The nice thing about the Jump app is that you can go back to it any time and it remembers where you were. Sometimes I just take a break on a series because I'm not really in the mood (Roboco) and come back to it when I feel like I want to enjoy the series again.