Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I absolutely love the setting and even most of the characters, but God drat I can't keep track of this plot. I get the broad strokes but I need to go back and re read the first couple chapters because this key/power system is very confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just need to post, I read a few chapters of demon slayer, decided to switch to anime only. It's so well done, I'm eating this show up and can't get over how great it looks.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Was thinking the same thing, the pace just moved way up recently. I was enjoying it, too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Bone collection is done, not surprising but I enjoyed how weird it was.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really love mashle. It gives me that "luffy punching the celestial dragon" vibe every other chapter.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just popping in to mention I love Mashle.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

They announced today that there's going to be another season of Demon Slayer airing this year.

Thank goodness, I've been dying to get more. Any word on the movie getting a digital release in the west?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Larryb posted:

A speedsub is out for the first Shaman King 2021 episode (along with an early leak of the first two Eden’s Zero episodes). Seems decent enough so far.

Is there a release date for Netflix us? Depending on the wait I might have to seek it out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

Good, I'm not the only one that felt like Infinite Zero her is pulling an Orochimaru + Edo Tensei. Also this reveal is loving great

That's some primo spooky stuff.

This was great but my favorite panel this week was mash running on the spikes.

Also really dug Sakamoto this week. The action panels are done so well, this artist can easily depict speed in such a great way.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I enjoy elusive samurai for the most part, but anytime they do gags like this week's bit with the "I don't know your name, here's a nickname" was hilarious.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Alright I am really getting into Neru, I think the art style hooked me and now I'm down for a bunch of different martial styles in a high school setting.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'd like to think he's building towards a specific focus (or two) at the school but even that seems a ways off. I still enjoy the series but it definitely lacks direction right now.

But I'll hold off worrying about that until it gets some more chapters printed.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

Undead Adventurer is Really, REALLY GOOD and everyone should read it.

Thanks for this. I checked out a mitsuwa near my house and they had the first volume. Looking forward to reading it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh it's in LN format too? poo poo I might have to go that route instead.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I was completely confused by the red hood chapter, What exactly was happening with the pages and the info dump? I've got a headache and just couldn't piece it together.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Where can I read that in the states? Is it going to be in the viz app or through something like comixology?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

There's also a really nice hardcover edition of fma being released at the moment. They're at like 14 or 15 volumes so far.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are the other new series coming out over the next few weeks?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Seeing a lot of yokai based stuff lately, is that the norm or are we in a yokai Renaissance, a yokaissance if you will?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

regular ninjas are wizards, guy is a muscle wizard. gates are casting fist at varying intensities.

Jesus crist we gona die.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Arakawa's new series Yomi no Tsugai got it's first chapter translated and man does it escalate real quick.

Is it getting an official release anywhere?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

God drat that was loving great.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Posting here because I didn't see a thread for it, but I started watching Tokyo revengers. I'm working through episode 4 and wondered what opinions on the show were? I'm really down with the premise but so far I'm kind of picking apart the time travel shenanigans (or at least hoping it all gets explained further on) and feeling half invested in the characters.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

https://mangadex.org/title/b340d77a-6bfe-4f33-8352-4d305ecf264c/yomi-no-tsugai

Arakawa's latest work Yomi no Tsugai updated with chapter 4.

It's doing a lot of exposition work but I'm really curious about the future of it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well, I stuck around as long as I could with earth child. I'm done with it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Today is a day for updates. Got a new chapter of Yomi no Tsugai in which this panel is perfect.

Awesome, really loving this series so far.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm really digging super smartphone. It's a fun blend of things and I hope it can keep it up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Super smartphone feels a little like death note and eden of the east combined, at least those are the two series I think about when reading it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I love the Manga shin was reading was titled "sakamiti days" (something along those lines).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Man I was actively cheering reading blue box today, what a great series.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did Sakamoto get announced for an anime yet? Or was that a rumor?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Demon bride was fun but I'll echo the other posts about how it'll survive. I also got really annoyed with speech bubble placement. Maybe it's the first time I've noticed it in Manga, but this chapter constantly had speech appearing on the opposite side of the panel from the character who was talking.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ginka/gluna was awesome, keep it up! Pretty sure I'm done with demon bride. The chapter really didn't do much for me to keep my interest but a definite nail was the main character letting us know he isn't a blood relative to either of his sisters.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really liked how they made it a men in black type series but it just didn't do a lot with it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Boy I am not really feeling any of the new series. The art work is good but none of the plots are grabbing me. I'll give it a few chapters for each before making a decision though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The art in fabricant looks very close to arakawa's, was the artist an assistant for her at one point? I really liked the first chapter but this feels like a pretty on the rails plot so I'm curious if they'll shake it up in a few chapters.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ruri dragon was real short if we don't hear good news about the author soon :negative:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Man I'm so glad something chill like blue box is in jump.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ginka is definitely ending soon right? Felt like some sudden plot development in this most recent chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did anyone else lose their continue reading section after updating the viz app? I can't find it anywhere on there.