Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm way late to the party on this one, but I was looking through Viz's digital releases for the last few months, and I saw they had released four volumes of a manga I had never heard of with art by Takeshi Obata. I'm such a huge Bakuman fan that I bought all four volumes without reading the free preview, and, well:

Ral Ω Grad has to be the stupidest comic (with great art) that I've ever read. I can't believe I didn't think to look to see who the writer was. I've been waiting forever for the Death Note and Bakuman team to do something else, and I just assumed this was it. Apparently it's a ten-year old tie-in to the Blue Dragon RPG. I have no idea why Viz decided to pull this out of their back catalog in 2013 when great titles like Slam Dunk and Jojo's are still physical-only.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Viz is doing a thing with PE where they sell the chapters a la carte for 99 cents as they're released, which is a little strange. It feels like there's got to be a smoother way to do that through a subscription model or something. At least it's only a monthly (?) release. I saw some really long running series being sold like that on Amazon and I felt bad for the person that has to go down the line and click "buy" 500 times to get all of it and then go to their device and do the same thing.