Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seer235
May 13, 2011

drat, you guys really are that nuts. You've at least practiced a bunch of these games this time, right?

I am looking forward to hearing the history information you've compiled for this LP.

Seer235 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Regarding Gunpei Yokoi, he made the Ultra Hand, the first of Nintendo's toy products which moved them away from just hanafuda cards. Though I think he had also made the Game and Watch by the time he taught Miyamoto everything about game design.

Basically Gunpei Yokoi is the reason for all of Nintendo's success and he's a goddamn amazing man.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

You just don't understand. Green Hill Zone is uninspired. World 1-1 is iconic.

That actually almost hits on something important for World 1-1. There's nothing wrong with Green Hill Zone, but simpler nature of 1-1 makes it much easier to replicate outside of games, so you can see it basically anywhere. It's not just Nintendo that keeps bringing 1-1 up, it's literally everyone. It's probably the most famous set of blocks, pits, and turtles of all of human history. It is iconic.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Guys, the best Mario Kart is clearly Diddy Kong Racing.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Kyle, there are already enough Mario games for you to cover without having to make things up. That's not a real game. Please don't lie to us.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

In Mario 2, everyone has one character they think is the best.

However, no person thinks that Mario is the best. Because he is terrible.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

19LettersLong posted:

Are you saying you're gonna put Luigi ahead of Mario? Are you seriously telling me this?

Luigi is for pro players. Toad is for speed runners. Peach is for everyone else.

Mario is for people who can't decide on what major to pick in college or who to vote for in elections. Or what personality to have.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If I was talented in the field of art I'd have to draw this.

Don't worry it's already been made.

I'm also going to take smug satisfaction in mario losing the poll by a large margin.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

President Ark posted:

Luigi is good for levels with vertical platforming. Peach is good for levels with horizontal platforming. Toad is good for those levels where you have to dig down in pyramids. Peach is good when you're playing the game completely blind and you don't know what's coming up in the next level.

There, I said it. Argument over. :colbert:

Fixed that for you.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Oh that quiz is totally trying to judge whether being Right-Wing Authoritarian/Social Dominators are more likely to be in an abusive relationship or abuse a partner. Some of those questions are directly ripped from the RWA quiz.

Seer235
May 13, 2011

Can't you do some sort of shortcut in 6-3 by going left as soon as you go up the ladder, then go under the wall by sinking into the quicksand? I feel like I always do that and I do not remember the rest of the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seer235
May 13, 2011

The lower path is actually the one I've always taken. I was actually kind of surprised when I saw people taking the other path. It also let me notice the discrepancies in the boss room (It doesn't really seem to change the difficulty of Bowser though, so I'm not sure why it's different).

• Locked thread