Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

tsob posted:

Maybe he only went with them on the condition he could have his clothes back. He could be a very fashion conscious dude who missed his duds all those months in jail wearing the same ugly poo poo as everyone else.

I don't remember who this guy is, but don't forget about the timeskip! Assuming he was a pre-timeskip villian, he has been in jail for more than seven years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yeah I have no idea who he is either. Even looking him up didn't help.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
He was a pretty significant character in the Oracion Seis arc, I'm not sure how you could forget him that easily.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WhiffleballDude posted:

He was a pretty significant character in the Oracion Seis arc, I'm not sure how you could forget him that easily.

I can barely remember what happened 10 chapters ago in this manga. Natsu probably punched things with fire.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Andrast posted:

I can barely remember what happened 10 chapters ago in this manga. Natsu probably punched things with fire.

poo poo, I just skimmed through that arc. That's exactly what happens.

Gerard appearance, the classic "I'm really on your side" act, then Natsu powers up and defeats the main baddie.

Strangely enough I don't remember any of this arc. None of the characters even ring a bell.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

WhiffleballDude posted:

I'm not sure how you could forget him that easily.
Well, it was almost 8 years ago.

(I do remember the existence of a poison dragon slayer, but that's about it.)

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
I was just checking Cobra's wiki and unless I'm mistaken, his eye wound was an anime-only event, and now it seems to be canon? I don't watch the anime so can someone clarify this for me?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some anime stuff is canon, even though it doesn't fit into the story at all.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
For a quick summary on Oracion Seis, they were the evil guild/group that went and kidnapped Wendy so they could revive Gerard. They wanted Gerard for the Nirvana magic weapon that Wendy's original guild's former members/founders created. It was a magic weapon that basically flipped people's good and evil natures if they were in the moral grey area. The Guild ended up being ~ghosts~ and Wendy joined Fairy Tail afterwards.
Cobra was one of the guys in Oracion Seis, he was a Lacryma Poison Dragon Slayer and had good hearing, as well as a pet snake that he fought with. Natsu fought him and beat him by yelling.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nahxela posted:

For a quick summary on Oracion Seis, they were the evil guild/group that went and kidnapped Wendy so they could revive Gerard. They wanted Gerard for the Nirvana magic weapon that Wendy's original guild's former members/founders created. It was a magic weapon that basically flipped people's good and evil natures if they were in the moral grey area. The Guild ended up being ~ghosts~ and Wendy joined Fairy Tail afterwards.
Cobra was one of the guys in Oracion Seis, he was a Lacryma Poison Dragon Slayer and had good hearing, as well as a pet snake that he fought with. Natsu fought him and beat him by yelling.

To be fair, he was fighting pretty evenly against Natsu before Brain shot him in the back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The recent Anime Arc was canon and actually referenced in the manga. (As the Zentopia incident). Timeline wise it works and nothing is contradicted. Cobra even has the same look in it as he was one of the villains.

It should be noted that Cobra had a pet Snake named Cubellios. Kinana a member of fairy tail that is normally seen in the back ground who joined after the Nirvana arc is Cubellios's human form as she was turned into a Snake years before fairy tail started.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
At this point, I'm just gonna post his Fairy Tail Wikia article here, instead of this bit-by-bit infodump.

Fun fact: Apparently Cobra is just an alias. His real name is Erik

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kuroyama posted:

At this point, I'm just gonna post his Fairy Tail Wikia article here, instead of this bit-by-bit infodump.

Fun fact: Apparently Cobra is just an alias. His real name is Erik

It was actually stated back in the nirvana arc that all of them went by code names.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

MonsterEnvy posted:

It was actually stated back in the nirvana arc that all of them went by code names.

All I remember from that arc are the fights, that Wendy first appeared in it, and that Hoteye is the brother of the blocky guy from the Tower of Heaven arc.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The blocky guy is the best guy.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Chapter is up on mangastream

Horror of horrors, Wendy must fight the dragon that disintegrates clothing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Chapter is up on mangastream

But she's a twelve year old girl!! :cripes:

Well, at least the part where all the guys got their clothes blown off and the girls were all staring was amusing. I enjoy it whenever someone does the "Mashima blank-eyed :stare:" face.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I wish Gray was a dragon slayer

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Didn't Wendy do a thing in an earlier arc where she conjured up clothing?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Zilconis, the mighty fanservice Dragon.

After Wendy beats him he's going to end up hanging out at the Fairy Tail Guildhouse, isn't he?

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Seven dragons loving up the whole capital city? Yeah, this seems the most appropriate time to insert clothing disintegration magic.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's a new chapter of Fairy Tail! In here, Hiro Mashima once again pioneered the art of censorship. I bet you have never seen dragon claws to cover up nude ladies before.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I guess Natsu just needed a Mega Pervert to inspire his plan.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

not a terrible chapter but it's pretty drat convenient that lucy managed to end up in the exact same spot where future lucy left her journal

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Monaghan posted:

not a terrible chapter but it's pretty drat convenient that lucy managed to end up in the exact same spot where future lucy left her journal

That would be because future Lucy knew exactly where she would land! :eng101:

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Yeah, Frogue, I know how you feel.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That would be because future Lucy knew exactly where she would land! :eng101:
Hang on. Flucy knows where to put the journal because she remembers landing in a particular place back when she was Lucy. But if Flucy hadn't taken that attack of Frogue's for her, Lucy might be dead, or things could have gone differently enough that she wouldn't land in that particular place. So that would have to mean that Flucy dying for Lucy is part of the timeline that lead up to her present where Frogue rules everything. So if Flucy came back knowing what she was going to do from Lucy's perspective, then that means that everything Flucy did or Lucy is going to do isn't going to prevent Flucy's timeline.

There's got to be something I'm missing, right?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

attackbunny posted:

Hang on. Flucy knows where to put the journal because she remembers landing in a particular place back when she was Lucy. But if Flucy hadn't taken that attack of Frogue's for her, Lucy might be dead, or things could have gone differently enough that she wouldn't land in that particular place. So that would have to mean that Flucy dying for Lucy is part of the timeline that lead up to her present where Frogue rules everything. So if Flucy came back knowing what she was going to do from Lucy's perspective, then that means that everything Flucy did or Lucy is going to do isn't going to prevent Flucy's timeline.

It means dont think about time travel too hard in media aimed at tweens.

Remember how Hermionie used time travel to double up on her studies in like, the second movie, and they never used it again even though Time Travel is incredibly broken and useful for all heroes? Just dont think about it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

It means dont think about time travel too hard in media aimed at tweens.

Remember how Hermionie used time travel to double up on her studies in like, the second movie, and they never used it again even though Time Travel is incredibly broken and useful for all heroes? Just dont think about it.

She used it in the third one. All the Time Turners were destroyed at the end of the fifth book, probably for precisely that reason.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

attackbunny posted:

Depends upon which generalized concept of time travel you're working with. Paradoxical actions are however quite common in most time travel conceptions and effects without the cause they stem from are not at all outside the "rules".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

Depends upon which generalized concept of time travel you're working with. Paradoxical actions are however quite common in most time travel conceptions and effects without the cause they stem from are not at all outside the "rules".

Diverging from the past future Lucy's time flow will just create another alternate reality to give us a third Gerard or whatever the hell his name is today.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I can't wait for Wednesday Lucy to meet Thursday Lucy, who has already heard from Friday Lucy that Sunday Lucy knocked her over the head.

I'm sure the chocolate bar fits in there somewhere.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Chapter 332

Does this mean Natsu's a prince?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Haha, I honestly didn't expect that one.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
That was pretty awesome. Natsu's always full of surprises.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I know it's probably just an onomatopoeia, but I like to think Happy actually yelled drop in Natsu's entrance panel.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

In a surprise twist, Natsu has gone to Toriko and learned Friendship By Food.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Chapter 333

Man, how did Future Rogue not see that coming on page 5?

Also that is a helpful timeline chart, though the answer to Jellal's question is obviously a flux capacitor.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Mangastream version

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Ugh, is this going to be one of those You try to fix the future but you end up creating it crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't think so. There's only two time branches. Any more messing with the future like that and there'll need to be another Future Rogue or perhaps a Future Sting mucking about.

• Locked thread