Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Defeating the final boss with fanservice would be really appropiate for this manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
New chapter is up.

Hey, maybe Acnologia is not as dumb as it appears to be.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Angry Lobster posted:

New chapter is up.

It might not be that dumb, but its defeat will be.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Angry Lobster posted:

New chapter is up.

link

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay I caught up to chapter 544, and it was everything I expected.

It's hilarious that Mavis and Zeref hosed off to another dimension or whatever and left behind their one child who they didn't even know was theirs.

But yeah, true love and all that.

It is neat how they hosed over the final boss by using motion sickness, I'll give it props for that.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Chapter 544

Friendship wins again

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

glassyalabolas posted:

Chapter 544

Friendship wins again

So he went with this, straight up:

http://i.imgur.com/edTHU80.jpg

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I mean, so did every previous fight at the end of every previous arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

I mean, so did every previous fight at the end of every previous arc.

Well in most of them. The villain was way stronger then him, so somthing else gave him a power up to win.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think you guys are burying the real lead here.

Lucy did something both useful and important without loving it up at all. The supposed main character actually was pivotal to beating the big bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

I think you guys are burying the real lead here.

Lucy did something both useful and important without loving it up at all. The supposed main character actually was pivotal to beating the big bad.

I will be very displeased when she isn't guild master in the ending.

I'm gonna miss this dumb manga when it's over. I don't think Mashima will have trouble getting another series going, though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

chumbler posted:

I will be very displeased when she isn't guild master in the ending.

I'm gonna miss this dumb manga when it's over. I don't think Mashima will have trouble getting another series going, though.

He probably already wrote half of it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

He probably already wrote half of it.

I mean yeah, you just linked it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still not sure what Acnologia's deal was.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Fabricated posted:

Mostly he was just an rear end in a top hat, I think.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought I heard his backstory was revealed in the movie and that it was awful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Apparently some dragon ate somebody so he became a dragon and ate all the dragons. Dude was just big into the movie Ravenous.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
His girlfriend was murdered by dragons, that's about it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

His girlfriend was murdered by dragons, that's about it.

No it was some girl he did not even know. Appearntly the rest of his family was eaten however which he stated in the chapter before. But pretty much he was just an rear end in a top hat. He did not even have a good design, as it was pretty much just Zancrow again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That was a good fire punch

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that despite death having no meaning and consequences being little more than an afterthought, Natsu's arm remains burned.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Fairy Tail's final fight ended exactly as it should have

A big rear end fire punch and friendship :allears:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/888051525020336128

I'd say that overall, the anime is able to smooth out some of the rougher bits of the story, so this shouldn't be too bad. Plus it's nice to know that the story won't be left hanging.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
pretty bad ending, the bit with zeref and mavis was inexplicable. he certainly didnt deserve a happy ending

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also one of the Sacrifices that had happened, Celica losing her magic was undone.

No Consequences at all. There was not a single one I can think of in the series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gazil and Levy are gonna have a consequence...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That sure was a manga.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Ah geeze. I don't like to be negative about endings, but that one was...not inspiring.

That said, now that it's over, Tartarus was a great final arc.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Whelp... :shrug:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Relin posted:

pretty bad ending, the bit with zeref and mavis was inexplicable. he certainly didnt deserve a happy ending

I thought that was just people who looked like them or something.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is it over? I haven't seen the latest few issues yet. Are there titties, dragons, or butts?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have literally already forgotten, which is fitting

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ManSedan posted:

Is it over? I haven't seen the latest few issues yet. Are there titties, dragons, or butts?

Everyone is alive. Probably even acnologia.

Well except Simon gently caress Simon the guy who killed Simon is loving the girl Simon was in love with and died tried to protect

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda like how the ending is the author stand in being like "editors I wanna sleep and draw perverted stuff" and Natsu the stand in for the shonen anima is just like NO. WORK. GET BACK TO WORK.

Or something like that. Bad ending but whatever, FT gonna FT.

Angry Grimace posted:

Well except Simon gently caress Simon the guy who killed Simon is loving the girl Simon was in love with and died tried to protect
I forget who you're talking about. Fairy Tail.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Already forgot the entire plot :rip:

Welp I guess now One Piece is the only weekly manga I follow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a shame that the epilogue where Lucy becomes the guild master was left out, but of course we all know that happens.

I'll miss this dumb series, even if post time skip was a bit weak.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

It's a shame that the epilogue where Lucy becomes the guild master was left out, but of course we all know that happens.

I'll miss this dumb series, even if post time skip was a bit weak.

Which post timeskip

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Shame that the only consequences suffered in the entire manga are a dude with a metal jaw that most people can't remember being the only person to die, Jellal's buddy in crime and Gray's redemption example sacrificing her youth, and the bad dragon disintegrating because he never learned the power of friendship.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Which post timeskip

Definitely the most recent one. That's when Fairy Tail amnesia got real bad.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
gildartz didnt do poo poo to acnologia despite his beef. he also had the old "shortened lifespan" trope from losing a bunch of organs to him iirc. which never amounts to anything in anime/manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that sure was an ending to a manga which was published. :geno:

• Locked thread