Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Speculation layered on speculation:
I wonder if Natsu will be the only one "immune" or at least, not noticeably affected (Since he's over 80 or something.) I guess Wendy could have that deal going on too, but she didn't appear until later and wasn't there with Natsu and Gajeel when they were unable to leave the room with that rule, so who knows.
As for Ultear, I'm just speculating here but this is probably just an area effect, so she'd have to stay there to remain young.
Although I guess some cop out like "I studied the area and was able to restore my original age" could happen.
Of course if you assume that the age reversal only goes a limited number of years (Thus letting Natsu hog the spotlight as they find themselves in a situation where he's the only one who can fight normally) then it wouldn't make enough difference for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I think Ultear is dead and was aged so that she could live long enough to see that everything worked out before she died rather than just dying and no-one being the wiser. As to chapater, color me as surprised as Natsu that these guys are actually kind of cool, though the sniper's gun seems kind of crummy compared to the designs of the hammer and sword. They're both really cool weapons. Hope the gun has some feature we haven't seen yet so it can be just as cool.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
If everything wasn't frozen/covered in ice I wouldn't be expecting Ultear to factor into this so much. I mean, I still wouldn't be surprised, but at this point if she doesn't show up then I'll be surprised due to the perfect circumstance here.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Fairy Tail 345

So is that like, one panel that wasn't either a gag or a set up for a gag? Hell of a joke to start out on too.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Wait. Rogue's actual name is Rogue? He nicknamed himself Ryos?

I think I know what's going on here. Minerva's buddy Piranha Scarf is turning everyone into kids. Somehow, the kids will acquire candy. Then, Minerva will steal the candy from them.

That or Minerva is just gonna gank everybody's cats like usual. She's already molested Happy, but she still needs Charle and Loke for her collection of traumatised felines.

More to the point, that's a neat scarf.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
I like the panel of whoever going "oooh" sick burn! Over Erza's shoulder when she gets rejected as a kid.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

chefscientist posted:

I like the panel of whoever going "oooh" sick burn! Over Erza's shoulder when she gets rejected as a kid.

That's not... no, you know what, you keep on believing that. It's better that way.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

GoatLord posted:

That's not... no, you know what, you keep on believing that. It's better that way.

I didn't realize either until you pointed it out, I can't go back can I? :(

I didn't realize Doranbolt (I assume it's him) was.. you know.. like that though. When was that ever mentioned? Is it because he had some interaction with Wendy? Then again, if I didn't pick up on this..

I see my other theory was destroyed. I am sad.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Grey and Natsu getting pumped about beating a child in a fight is hilarious.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

happy shows how much he sucks yet again.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

I didn't realize Doranbolt (I assume it's him) was.. you know.. like that though. When was that ever mentioned? Is it because he had some interaction with Wendy? Then again, if I didn't pick up on this..

No, no, no! You were right! You were completely right!

:cripes:

If it was indeed mentioned, I didn't pick up on it either.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zogundar posted:

I am pretty sure that is not how Doranbolt actually is, but rather just how Erza thinks he is. But this confusion does demonstrate how much better this series would be without Wendy. Then Doranbolt could just be a cool dude rather than being marred by this. I vote we all go with the "Sick burn!" theory anyway.

Monaghan posted:

happy shows how much he sucks yet again.

I think you meant "is completely awesome" instead of "sucks."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yea, Happy might have dropped the ball, or in this case the bottle, but it appears to have helped regardless and the reaction page had me laughing for a good 20 or 30 seconds at the various faces. Happy and Pantherlily are the only two good cats, except possibly Happy's parents, who were kind of amusing as bit characters and got a fairly emotional scene at the end of their little story.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every kitty is a good kitty :colbert:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I want a Dragonslayer, or perhaps some kind of magic-user anathema to them that has a puppy sidekick now. One who gets on with Happy, chases Charle and is scared shitless of Pantherlily perhaps for the full range of reactions.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

tsob posted:

I want a Dragonslayer, or perhaps some kind of magic-user anathema to them that has a puppy sidekick now. One who gets on with Happy, chases Charle and is scared shitless of Pantherlily perhaps for the full range of reactions.

A dragon that drives around killing people with his pet dog.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

tsob posted:

Maybe the God Slayers will get dogs.

I wonder what the deal with God Slayers is. Did they actually learn their powers from gods? What does it even mean to be a god in FTverse? Are there gods still around? Did some of the God Slayers actually kill gods? Would it be possible for one of the God Slayers to become a god, like Acnologia became a dragon? :iiam:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Zogundar posted:

I don't know if it's supposed to be Doranbolt. I hope it isn't, because he seems to be pretty cool. I think it's someone who was perving on Wendy and Chelia in the water park chapter.

tsob posted:

Well Laxus doesn't have a cat yet, maybe he's a dog person. I remember seeing a sketch Mashima did with Laxus saying he didn't need a cat.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Rogue is a Cheney? No wonder he turned to evil in the future.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Kuroyama posted:

Well Laxus doesn't have a cat yet, maybe he's a dog person. I remember seeing a sketch Mashima did with Laxus saying he didn't need a cat.

Keep in mind Laxus isn't a natural Dragon Slayer. He and Cobra both have Dragon Slayer lacrima in their bodies. Sting and Rogue too, but that's in addition to being natural ones. Type 2 Dragon Slayers seem to prefer having other humans for partners. Kind of.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Apparently there's a Fairy Tail Special Chapter out

http://readms.com/read/fairy_tail/Special/1997/1

This chapter is filled with fanservice, but this page made it worthwhile.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Any chapter that has gajeel rocking that white suit is a good chapter :colbert:.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know, I thought Kana and Wendy's story was nice, minus the creepy start.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Cozz posted:

Apparently there's a Fairy Tail Special Chapter out

http://readms.com/read/fairy_tail/Special/1997/1

This chapter is filled with fanservice, but this page made it worthwhile.

I dunno, I laughed at Juvia offering Grey water poured directly from her armpit. :v:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I dunno, I laughed at Juvia offering Grey water poured directly from her armpit. :v:

I vote for that part too. Something weird was expected, but not that.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Several pages of a pre-teen girl in fetish gear? Mashima has locked on to his audience with laser-like precision.

JustLeo
Dec 12, 2011
I'm hoping the eternal flame turns out to be Atlas for shits and giggles. Natsu should ride him around everywhere and replenish fire whenever he needs to. It's a voice that's familiar to him so I have a sliver of faith.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

JustLeo posted:

I'm hoping the eternal flame turns out to be Atlas for shits and giggles. Natsu should ride him around everywhere and replenish fire whenever he needs to. It's a voice that's familiar to him so I have a sliver of faith.
That could actually be a thing. Atlas never went forward in time after the gate was smashed, so he must have been doing something for the last four hundred years. Hanging with giants, why not?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

attackbunny posted:

That could actually be a thing. Atlas never went forward in time after the gate was smashed, so he must have been doing something for the last four hundred years. Hanging with giants, why not?

Isnt the implication that Atlas would have been one of the skeletons underneath the castle? The Jade dragon guy also came through the gate from 400 years ago and we know his wasn't the only skeleton down there. I guess it was never implicitly stated, though. I would just rather the eternal flame be something new, as this plotline is refreshing and I would much prefer this manga not to rely on rehashing old characters. Maybe I'm still just traumatized by Jellal being every character ever.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
New chapter.

So the reverse ageing is just a side effect to that magic.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Wow, Minerva's pathetic.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Really? Seems to be the intelligent thing to do to me. Can't beat someone head on? Then just beat them using different tactics rather than keep trying the same old thing or suddenly powering her up by some deus ex machina.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah minerva has been shown to be underhanded scumbag and will do anything to win a fight. What she did in this chapter is perfectly in line with her character. I sort of like that in a villain, makes them seem smarter.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Is it strange that I absolutely love this Flare chick's character?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thoren posted:

Is it strange that I absolutely love this Flare chick's character?

Yeah, Lucy needs her own Juvia.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
She already has, kind of, in Aquarius.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

tsob posted:

She already has, kind of, in Aquarius.
Isn't Lucy the "Juvia" in that setup?

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

tsob posted:

Really? Seems to be the intelligent thing to do to me. Can't beat someone head on? Then just beat them using different tactics rather than keep trying the same old thing or suddenly powering her up by some deus ex machina.
Minerva isn't really using tactics here.

If she had lured Erza into an elaborate deathtrap, using a lifesize cardboard cutout of Jellal as the bait, that would at least be something. If she had constructed a diabolical plot to use Erza's weaknesses against her (again, lifesize cardboard Jellal cutout) that would be fine. Lucking into an old enemy while they're crippled and deciding to beat the poo poo out of them is hardly a clever stratagem. Imagine if you had a grudge against someone and your buddy coincidentally smashed both their kneecaps, and then you found them lying on the ground and declared "Time for a rematch! This is gonna be a fight to the death!" Then flick your hair around and announce that you only grace the mightiest guilds with your presence.

It's completely trashy. Pragmatic, maybe, but still trashy.

Though, it's not exactly like we need to spoiler that
the only way Minerva could be a shittier person if she was literally gargling with diarrhoea.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zogundar posted:

Isn't Lucy the "Juvia" in that setup?

Not really, since Lucy doesn't love Aquarius on any kind of personal level either - she just wants her to help her in fights. She may love her in a "I love all people/spirits" way mind, but I was referring more to the water power than the unrequited love thing.

attackbunny posted:

Minerva isn't really using tactics here.

Lucking into an old enemy while they're crippled and deciding to beat the poo poo out of them is hardly a clever stratagem.

Except that it's pretty clear that Minerva didn't luck in to this - she's in the same guild as, and personally partnered with the Troll looking guy in the teeth bandana. Even if they didn't specifically go there to fight Fairy Tail it's pretty clear she got her partner to target and regress Erza so she could fight her once she was weakened. There's no real luck involved, and at least some element of strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

tsob posted:

Not really, since Lucy doesn't love Aquarius on any kind of personal level either - she just wants her to help her in fights. She may love her in a "I love all people/spirits" way mind, but I was referring more to the water power than the unrequited love thing.

I meant because Lucy desires her help and Aquarius has a "leave me alone" attitude.

• Locked thread