Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Lucy's mom wasn't a big rear end kicker and Brandish knew her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

QuasiQuack posted:

If they had both died permanently it would've been a good chapter.

I'd imagine it'd be a poo poo chapter if they both died, since there'd be no catharsis to Invel saying that he didn't plan on it and he'd just have to beat E.N.D. himself while dismissing them. Frankly, I'm just as glad neither died, since it'd pretty much waste hundreds of chapters of Juvia crushing on Grey to have them die without really making anything of their relationship.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Relin posted:

Speedread

I think the condition may just be "has fallen in love" given some of those affected

Can't be. Erza has fallen in love with Gerard and she wasn't effected. Has had sex is the most likely scenario. I doubt masterbation counts, since even putting aside Erza, I doubt that one guy near the First probably has and he was completely unaffected.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I forgot, is Ishgar the continent that Fairy Tail lives on or the one attacking?

chumbler posted:

Also there's going to be a lot of bad recolors of a certain panel.

Which one? I probably should recall, but there was dragons and that's all I remember even 5 seconds after reading the chapter.

Overlord K posted:

Any chapter of Fairy Tail that has Mashima drawing dragons is a good chapter.

Basically. I loved the second page with all the dragons in the courtyard and one making a swing out of himself for some kids. This manga needs more dragons.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Plus Eileen's body was explicitly broken in several ways, a fact that is the sole reason she so badly wanted to steal another in the first place. Even if Wendy was okay with it in the short term it's pretty obvious she'd want out at some point just like Eileen did.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Overlord K posted:

I love how nearly every arc with a big Erza fight you know it is finally going to end when she dons the samurai getup.

I miss when she used to Ex-Quip different weapons and armor and end fights with a variety of them. The flame samurai pants and katana is almost the only one she uses now.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well Natsu was straight up dying from it, rather than just living on as a dragon with a broken body, and would have done so had his adoptive father not presented him with a get out of jail card. Eileen presumably had no such inner angel to help her at any point.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There needs to be a Dragon-Slayer Slayer too.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chumbler posted:

It's because she's a woman in the manga, Fairy Tail.

Like that's ever stopped Erza.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes but she's half dragon, and it goes dragon > friendship > gildartz > rear end pulls > Dragon slayer magic > Grey > Girls > Lucy in FT

You say that like you think Mashima decided she was half dragon before a few months ago.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

as his mom watches, completely unaware of who that weird old dude in the sky was. who knows, it could have even been sad in a better-written story.

That was my main thought too, that dying while the one person you wanted to see and to acknowledge you finally saw you and had no idea who you were or why you were doing what you were doing is pretty tragic, but it being Fairy Tail none of it really connects because it was all set up in a rush in a couple of chapters and had no emotional connection. Like, I can't even remember why Mavis has no idea who her own son is. Was August just cloned using her? Was she just pregnant while crystallized or what? There's no good reason she shouldn't recall giving birth, but she seems to not know at all and I don't recall whatever silly reason the manga gave even though it must have been in only the last couple of weeks.

tsob fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 25, 2017

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hate-Senpai posted:

The horse prow really completes the sheer majesty of that picture.

My favourite thing about it was that unlike most things in Fairy Tail I knew immediately who owned the ship because something that fabulous could only belong to Ichiya.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Seems to me like this arc will deal with them both at once, and given that this is Fairy Tail it'll probably entail Natsu fire punching both of them at some point. Ideally, it'd be him punching Zeref so hard he flies in to Acnologia, but it does seem like he'll deal with Zeref and then Acnologia for the moment.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I feel a bit odd in that I don't hate Fairy Tail. I find it very meh and really forgettable most of the time, but with occasional spikes of fun that keep me around. I'm probably going to get lacerated for this, but I kept reading Fairy Tail for years, even when I dropped other manga near their conclusions (I dropped Naruto about 10 chapters from the end when Kakashi gave his eye to someone in a dream but they had it in reality or something really dumb) and have never bothered to finish it. I've even kept reading it and dropped objectively better manga like My Hero Academia, which I binge read every few months but mostly just found competent but kind of dull. Fairy Tail's stupidity has a charm I guess. That or it's simple time investment, since I was reading it a lot longer than MHA but never felt it got insulting dumb like Naruto or regularly boring for long stretches like Bleach.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chumbler posted:

You have permission to like the titty.

I hardly need it. Besides, if all I wanted was titty manga I'd have kept reading Prison School, rather than dropping it after 5 chapters because the humor didn't work for me.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I kind of want a mid-chapter page of Natsu arguing with Hiro through the fourth wall Animal Man style and then just punching him till he lands in a new arc he approves of now.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gyges posted:

So the "cliff hanger" for the latest chapter has got to be the least suspenseful cliffhanger ever.

Zeref uses a flame attack against Natsu, will this be the time that Natsu is defeated by fire!?

To be fair, it's not really a flame attack, just a flame aspect to his attack. I think. So it'll probably work, just not enough to matter.

chumbler posted:

Great romances like the following:

-Obsessed stalker and guy who ignores her
-The one we don't talk about

What's really sad is that these could describe romances in at least a few different shonen. Just for stalker and ignorer, Naruto has Naruto and Hinata, Sasuke and Sakura and probably a few others I'm forgetting, Bleach has Orihime and Ichigo, One Piece has Sanji and...almost every attractive female in the setting as well as Boa Hancock and Luffy - though at least Oda portrays his purely as comedic rather than trying to make them dramatic as well as comedic. Still, it's there regardless. And there's probably other examples I'm not familiar with since I'm not a huge shonen nerd and am only really passingly familiar with other ones.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's Fairy Tail, there'll be one chapter that covers all 3 and then ends with Zeref reviving despite no mention of it at all up to that point. Next chapter will open on him dying again with no explanation of how and three pages later we'll be on a story about Lucy and Wendy serving in a maid cafe.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hopeford posted:

Place bets on the solution:

a) Natsu punches something.

b) Power of Love.

c) Power of Friendship.

d) Previously undisclosed yet overpowered single-use magic.

e) He's not actually gone, he just left to buy a burger for a second.

I choose all of the above, since they're not mutually exclusive. Natsu popped off for a burger but returns to double fist Acnologia using brass knuckles with "love" and "friends" on them granted as a one time boon by his brother and the First.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I like Ichiya and think Acnologia is a boring villain but I agree with him. The comic is almost over and Ichiya coming back can't really offer anything he hasn't already done. Him staying dead at least gives some weight to his actions and events in general. Conversely, Acnologia's defeat feels too sudden and anti climactic. Bringing him back is unlikely to make him any more interesting or entertaining, but it might at least give Natsu and other characters a chance to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Angry Lobster posted:

Mashima ending: Tits and dragons.

Just wait till he introduces the dragon of tits, Fanservicea.

• Locked thread