Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol

"In retrospect crucifying that woman was a low point..."

well at least Mashima acknowledged it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Robviously posted:

I don't know if I would even call what Mest did logical, though, as "Don't stab the guy you're negotiating with" seems to be the most logical thing to do....

Well there seems to be a ton of fanatics on zeref's side and I don't think "attempt to kill the most powerful wizard in the world when his guard is down" is a completely illogical thing to do.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So I guess that in the fairy tail universe only two people in the entire world have red hair .

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well I guess they needed some form of limitation to explain why Makarov wasn't just spamming that poo poo in every Fairy tail fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So the guy's magic is just a lame version of Toki's style from hokuto no ken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2oMKrnslw

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I do like these stories about how much of a big ol' dork Mashima is

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-11-30/fairy-tail-hiro-mashima-already-beat-ffxv/.109342

Also given a mangaka's insane schedule I'm surprised he had the time to do this.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Suspicious Lump posted:

I don't understand why she hates her body so much. Because she can't feel anymore? Ok, what's wrong with your dragon body then? Thought you loved dragons.

She can't sleep, she can't taste anything and she feels itchy, cold and in in pain.

I guess she could become a dragon I guess, but you'd have to go off to some cave somewhere.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's still pretty amazing how pretty much every character introduced in FMA contributed meaningfully to the resolution of the story. None of the characters were really forgotten about or a waste of time.

Considering the rather large cast, that's pretty goddamn amazing. Half of the cast of FT will be forgotten at best.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kuroyama posted:

Mashima basically admitted in the same note where he announced Fairy Tail's end that he was writing whatever he felt like. He was very focused on the narrative in Rave, and FT was just doing whatever he felt like.

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/861946007503880192

I always found the romance is Fairy tail oddly charming and I would to see him write a non action manga.

I'm saying I have low standards for romance stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I hope that Mashima writes this goofy romantic comedy manga next because I think he'd be good at it.

Fairy tail quality was consistent throughout it's run. A solid "meh."

• Locked thread