Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Monaghan posted:

not a terrible chapter but it's pretty drat convenient that lucy managed to end up in the exact same spot where future lucy left her journal

That would be because future Lucy knew exactly where she would land! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Well, to be fair, their plan right now was to destroy the way Rogue goes back in the future because none of this will happen or something? Why do I feel like they're going to accidentally summon Acnologia with time paradoxes?

Nothing a good fire punch wouldn't handle.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

In the end the dragon slayers found out that punches were good, but not good enough. :smith: And at least 6 chapters for July? Wonder why.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tsob posted:

So wait, what happened at the end? Was that supposed to be a different version of Lucy or something to say that they were suddenly outside the city? Future her? I'm honestly kind of lost on that point. Also, they say not one of them managed to defeat a dragon, but Natsu did. It was unconscious on the ground last I checked, which sounds like defeat to me.

I think you're talking about Future Lucy returning to her timeline since Eclipse was destroyed. Instead of her being one of a few survivors in a wasteland she was greeted by a now alive Natsu and Happy.

And you're kind of right about Natsu, but dragon Slayers should be able to slay dragons which none of them managed to do. Even if you do count it that means the dragon slayers were 1 wins and 6 losses from the seven battles. Natsu has only so many fists. Insert Chrono Trigger 'But... the future refused to change.' ending here.

e: I just noticed future Lucy has two arms again. A happy ending after all. :shobon:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 28, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

attackbunny posted:

Fairy Tail destroys property, torches official warnings, hugs jellals and is generally a cult of powerful wizards fanatically loyal to an extremely powerful, albeit miniature, anarchist. "Who cares what the council says? Do what you think is right! That's the way of Fairy Tail wizards!"

Fairy Tail is the wizard equivalent of the 1%! :aaaaa:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

I didn't realize either until you pointed it out, I can't go back can I? :(

I didn't realize Doranbolt (I assume it's him) was.. you know.. like that though. When was that ever mentioned? Is it because he had some interaction with Wendy? Then again, if I didn't pick up on this..

I see my other theory was destroyed. I am sad.

No, no, no! You were right! You were completely right!

:cripes:

If it was indeed mentioned, I didn't pick up on it either.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I dunno, I laughed at Juvia offering Grey water poured directly from her armpit. :v:

I vote for that part too. Something weird was expected, but not that.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Atlas Flame is the eternal flame for a city of Giants/Titans(Atlas). :v: It makes sense.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

:words:

I just don't get it. I suppose if she were an innocent soul to start with, Raven Tail would have no problem corrupting her. But then why does it seem as though all it took to undo her twisted and sadistic side was a single beating? M-maybe she saw that when other guilds lost they got ice cream and medical attention and realized she was getting a raw deal? On the other hand, if she were just naive and temporarily fell in with a bad crowd, why did she become a monster in such a short amount of time? Nor did it seem like she needed much nudging to clobber Lucy. If anything she was enjoying herself a little too much.

Eh, I just figured she was a blank slate instead of an innocent soul. Monster isn't monster when you are told it's normal. And one can say that she was happy making the guild look good/not beat her rather than enjoying the act itself. After the leader is gone, she reverts to lost again. Overthinking things 101. :eng101:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter. Things took a dramatic shift. :stare:

And then Juvia. :catstare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

At worst, Most likely result though is Natsu just getting back up, perhaps taking a full chapter to do so. Which gives Jackal just enough time to make Lucy's cloths explode or something.

This is the most likely result.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Natsu! Gate closed!! ... :haw:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Christ, this. I really don't care about these two, and Minerva is a level beyond them on the apathy spectrum. Why can't she just be evil? She did some really terrible poo poo. I mean, I think she did, I can't remember any of it because Fairy Tail.

EDIT: A google has told me that Minerva's dad tried to blow up Sting's cat but she teleported it away instead and held it hostage to make him try harder in the games. So... yeah.

On the anime episode this week(or last 2 weeks) she captured Milliana(?), forced Erza and Kagura to fight and she would release Milli after the fight was done. When the fight was over she was released only to reveal she was tortured by Minerva since she was bored waiting for the fight to end.

But she did it for Sabertooth so Erza can forgive it because nakama. v:v:v

e: Oh yeah, this was after Minerva stabbed Kagura from behind so Sabertooth could get the points for the battle. Nakama!

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

Did the anime get picked back up? I know there was talk of it coming back, but I thought it was still in dead in the middle of the arc land.

It started up again in Spring and began where it left off. Don't think its ending anytime soon. Probably at the end of the Eclipse/Grand Magic Games arc since there has been trouble keeping the anime around.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

No. Definitely not. I think it's just that thing where people call their father in-laws Dad and so on.

This is exactly it. Fairy Tail can be bad, but not That bad.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I do love how Natsu and Gajeel ate another Dragon slayer's magic once and now they can summon it at will for cool effects.

Also, regarding the chapter: It sure is cute having Levy and Gajeel hooking up, but is anyone else consistently weirded out by it considering that he once beat the hell out of her and her friends and nailed them to a tree? It seems like that should be a deal breaker.

I mentioned earlier in this arc right after Erza told Minerva she could forgive everything that was done during the grand magic games that one of those things was straight up torturing Millianna while Erza and Kagura were fighting because boredom. Now Minerva is back on sabertooth's side.

Anything can be forgiven. Anything.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

Foreshadowing with 'Don't read or destroy E.N.D.' and a promise death flag being raised.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I know this is the manga thread and all, but in case anyone is interested(probably none) the anime had aired some of the .5 chapters and is now onto a celestial spirit centric filler arc.

Small anime-spoiler synopsis: Problems in the celestial world are spilling over to the human world. The weather everywhere is completely opposite and Lucy's 10 golden key spirits, who are opposite personalities too, are leading the change. I assume Libra and Pisces have changed as well but we'll see.

Guess they're waiting on the manga to go further to avoid stopping in the middle like they did with the Grand Magic Games arc.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Can anyone comment on how the anime is doing? I never got far in the manga, and stopped watching the show around episode 50 maybe? It was right at the arc where FT teams up with some other guilds for some mission and it introduced the PARRRFUMMMME guy. I'd like to get back into this series but I'm not sure if I should binge on the show or just plow through the manga.

Right now the anime completed the grand magic games arc, animated some of the .5 chapters, and is now completing a filler arc.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Having Zeref being the teacher and indirectly responsible for making Fairy Tail is a nice touch. Dont think I remembered that from the main story.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tsob posted:

Absolute zero for gray I suppose and Gajeel is a bit different since he's not based on a phenomena like heat, but on a material - so....maybe different types of metal with different properties? Or just carbon or something? Mr. Gajeel, him diamond!

Didn't Gajeel's last powerup have him do steel based moves instead of iron? I could easily see diamond happening.

Zogundar posted:

No, that wasn't a joke, they really did that. It's in between 416 and 417 on readms.

I took it as refusing to acknowledge the omake's existance. :shrug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

The steel thing was from absorbing carbon. He's not going to somehow lose all of his iron, and it would be really dumb if he did.

Nah he'll never lose iron, it'll be just another move to call back on like the shadow dragon powers he absorbed. Like Natsu and his (element) fire dragon fist moves.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

... and also will hopefully lead to less creepy Juvia ... Doing things with a Grey doll chapters.

gently caress you. <:mad:> I managed to completely forget that ever happened.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

How sweet, you think she's actually gone. Although, thinking about it, if it turns out Lucy spent part of the timeskip repairing the key using her own power/training to do so, I will accept that.

Did they even tease that Aquarius was gone completely? I just took it as she is no longer summonable so she could stay angry in the celestial spirit world.

Kind of forgot that whole section after the king went :black101:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nobody is safe from filler: “FAIRY TAIL of the DEAD MEEEEEEEEEN” is going to be released 3/25 for the manga and 3/28 for the anime.

I can only assume that it will be about Zombie Ichiya turning Blue Pegasus into a zombie horde.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiche posted:

Ichiya might be the only over the top fan service (can you even call it that?) ...

Yes. It is most definitely fan service.

e: I really hope that Ichiya is on that filler ep. The title seems like a blatant giveaway. Zombies are bonus points.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 3, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

hmm, why is Juvia sad, this is a big mystery

She ended up marrying Grey but quickly regretted it. She's sad because she'd rather be with Lyon, but doesn't believe in divorce.

The story will end with Natsu's fist creating an annulment and everything becoming status quo again.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Who is dance mage? Chelia?

Ooba Babasaama, Lamia Scale's guildmaster.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

There's a Z list Fairly Tail member who does dance magic. I don't think he's ever even got a line of dialog but he's like that guy who dresses like a Pacific Islander and never, ever takes a job.

How in the gently caress do I remember these sort of things?

Oh geez, he actually has a name: Vijeeter Ecor.

According to the wikia, he's popped up a whole lot. I never noticed. :psyduck:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gothmog1065 posted:

Wasn't it set up at some point that Natsu and Gray were supposed to end up fighting each other?

Gray wanted to destroy END while Natsu wanted to keep it because Igneel told him to keep but not read it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Just saw the FT anime(Raijinshuu/Laxus episode this time) and saw the preview for next episode.

:derp::zombie::derp:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

Edit: I can't remember, what is Minerva's magic again? And is she still part demon?

Not sure what its called, but I remember it like she has control over portals and space. As in she can use two portals to redirect or something along those lines. She can also teleport with them too.

As for if she's a demon, of course not! Minerva is human, Neo Minerva is a demon, and that was clearly Minerva.

Also prolonged beatdowns is just a small scuffle between guilds and its no problem.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Horrible Taste posted:

It's not like this is anything new or unusual, Gajeel beat up three Fairy Tail members and chained them to a tree and now he's partners with one of them.

Beat up < chain to tree(Gajeel) < near drowning (Minerva to Lucy) < torture (Minerva to Milliana) < ???

Its forgiveness creep. You know, like power creep but with forgiving worse and worse things.

Actually, I wouldn't mind Lucy forgiving if Milliana was like :catstare: later on.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh poo poo... I just saw the description of the upcoming episode.

Two words: Ichiya Virus

This will be either really fantastic or really bad. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

Hmm..

I'm not convinced Gray is on the up and up just yet. That is, I'd rather believe there's more to things than "He was a spy" instead of "Mashima already forgot that Gray was going to kill Frosch." At the very least I expect some voodoo to force him to throw icicles at people. Possibly Gajeel; after all, they already went to the trouble of making him think he'd have to fight Gray. Bonus points if Erza is also a double secret traitor with Gray. :v:

Didn't really think about it, but was the future EvilRogue mentioned a Natsu-less one? I remember Natsu being sucked into an abyss during the grand magic games arc but he crawled out or something. Not sure when those events happened. Just wondering if that will be the handwave which saves frosch.

Ninja e: Oh. Now I get the above post. :downs:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Lucy gets a much-needed power-upgrade, and also manages to keep her clothes on for an entire fight.

A fight is over, but the battle isn't. Lucy actually looked cool and did stuff(the stomach's grudge: lucy punch, earth wave) though so even if the clothes do come off it's a net positive. Kind of.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Sometimes I think all of Natsu's battle dialogue should just be replaced with instances of no, gently caress off and/or gently caress you.

I did this and it made reading the chapters so much better. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wow. I forgot that the manga version did not come out when scheduled(through Mashima's twitter account).

e: It might be just me, but I like parfum over smell. The anime used Parfum and I liked it better.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 26, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Welp, there is an update for fairy tail and zero.

FT: As soon as the fight started I knew it was a precursor to Seventh Guildmaster Erza. Too bad they foreshadowed Lucy to the bitter end.

FT0: Finally revealed Mavis's friend is a ghost. Or an illusion made up by Mavis. The latter seems more harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We certainly got our power creep set up nicely. :stare: Now the next few chapters will touch on the impending forgiveness creep.

• Locked thread