Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bondster
May 6, 2007

I know I shouldn't overanalzye a manga about punching dudes with fire, but Fairy Tail irks me for some reason. If future Rogue created a magic to control dragons but it doesn't on work on the only dragon available in the future, how does he know it will work on the dragons at all once he pulled them from the past? It may be a translation issue, because at least according to this one, only Acnologia is there in the future?

bondster fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

I don't get it? How was Zeref able to have a conversation with Mavis? Even after the throwaway line of "I can't hear you or see you but I know you're there Mavis". Telepathy? Oh Fairy Tail, you're cool but sometimes you make no sense.

bondster
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/340/7

Who is the black-haired girl on the left in the top panel? I keep seeing her in the various guild spreads, but I can't for the life of me remember who she is or if she was ever even introduced. She looks pretty generic, but that somehow makes her stand out in this series and it annoys me that I have no idea who she is or what she does. I at least vaguely recall everyone else in that spread.

I forget her name, but she was someone that was introduced into the anime and written into the manga as canon. It's the human form of the snake that Cobra was partnering with in the Oracion Seis arc.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

drat it Mashima, you just had to take a nice, cute happy moment and complete ruin it by making Flare's breasts gigantic and putting them in the center of the frame :cripes:

Typically wouldn't complain about this considering it's Fairy Tail, but this poo poo is just awful.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

Hiro Mashima you actually surprised me for once! Wasn't expecting the guild to lie about Laxus saving the town, then show a brief glimpse of the chaos still going on

bondster
May 6, 2007

So here is the info on the two spinoffs:

Anime News Network posted:

This year's 31st issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga is inspiring two new spinoff series. Boku is drawing the Fairy Girls manga, while Rui Watanabe is drawing the Fairy Tail Blue Mistral manga.

The Fairy Girls story will focus on the two "strongest girls in the world." The series will launch in this year's 12th issue of Kodansha's Magazine Special on November 20.

In Fairy Tail Blue Mistral, Wendy — as a 12-year-old magical girl — will face the secrets of the dragon valley. Weekly Shōnen Magazine also hints that Wendy may find love in this "Episode #0" story. The manga will launch in the September issue of Kodansha's shōjo magazine Nakayoshi on August 2.

The first issue of the Monthly Fairy Tail magazine shipped on June 17 with a Fairy Tail Zero spinoff manga centering on the original Master Mavis. Four special one-shot manga chapters also ran in four Kodansha magazines this spring.

Mashima launched Fairy Tail in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 2006. Kodansha Comics publishes the series in North America, and Crunchyroll is releasing new chapters online as they come out in Japan. The new Fairy Tail television anime premiered on April 5.

bondster
May 6, 2007

At least this finally gives a clear answer as to why Natsu was considered too old to pass through the magical barrier all the way back during Laxus' tourney

bondster
May 6, 2007

So Lucy and Brandish were supposed to be the same age as kids, yet after the seven year timeskip they look exactly the same?

Sure thing there Mashima

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/475/3269/1

This may be a bold claim, but I think this is the most bullshit chapter in all of Fairy Tail so far.

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-05-09/voice-actor-yoshimitsu-shimoyama-reveals-marriage-to-satomi-arai/.101934

This is adorable and Mashima sometimes is pretty cool

bondster
May 6, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Naruto had fun fighting games, at least in the PS2 era, and I'm sure the Narutimate / Ultimate Storm stuff are considered way better than the anime.

Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is if CyberConnect2 implanted Asura's Wrath into Naruto storyline.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS764OIrVlI this is the opening fight of ultimate ninja storm 4

bondster fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 26, 2016

bondster
May 6, 2007

Ah, we are back into "so drat stupid its funny" territory Yes, Juvia's secret and tactical magic of having her water turn to blood for a blood transfusion. Lets just ignore that Gray would still have a massive chest wound from his sword and pierced internal organs!

bondster
May 6, 2007

On the one hand, that was such a weird power that I kinda liked it.

On the other hand, this chapter was Mashima dragging out the Scarlet twist as long as he can.

bondster
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

Everyone's a dragon now, and Erza is 400 years old.

Also there's going to be a lot of bad recolors of a certain panel.

Unless Mashima forgot, Erza couldn't be 400 years old if she was able to leave the protection spell from the Laxus arc (the one where anyone over 80 couldn't leave the guild hall, like Natsu). So either Mashima forgot, or he does remember and there is gonna be some dumb time travel shenanigans about to happen.

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/516/3931/1

Ah yes Eileen is actually Captain Ginyu :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Hopeford posted:

Place bets on the solution:

a) Natsu punches something.

b) Power of Love.

c) Power of Friendship.

d) Previously undisclosed yet overpowered single-use magic.

e) He's not actually gone, he just left to buy a burger for a second.

It's e but instead of getting a burger he went to Lucy's place to continue the gag where he always happens to appear at her place without her permission.

• Locked thread