Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Well I was close about who was going to buy the farm. :smith:

Unrelated:

Does Makarov know who Natsu really is? At the moment I can't remember why, but for some reason I've got in my head that he either knew everything all along, or suspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
New chapter up- SO ANYWAY, in the anime they got Jouji Nakata (aka the guy who does Kirei from F/SN) to do the voice of Keyes, the evil skeleton priest guy from Tartaros. I keep expecting him to tell Juvia to rejoice.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

In Chapter 463, surprisingly little happens for a Fairy Tail chapter.

Natsu's plan is actually a perfectly reasonable one, as Mavis acknowledges, but it's doomed to fail due to shonen battle manga plot structure.

I remember the last series that broke this rule left me feeling confused and empty, so it's for the best.

Since this can't be the final showdown, hopefully Natsu finally becomes END or something. I'm curious to see how much END looks like the getup Natsu wore as a pretend-bad guy back in the Edolas arc.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mard Geer and all the other Tartarus Demons. Also Zeref who said they were close to reawakening END.

And also Igneel when he gave him specific directives to neither open nor destroy the book.

As for the latest chapter, I really hope the result isn't going to be a cop out like

one of Zeref's minions taking the blast for him. Zeref only surviving because of a fluke like that would just cheapen him as a threat.

Here's hoping Zeref is just in his Useless Sad Mode, otherwise we've been building up to a whole lot of nothing since the name Zeref was first dropped near the beginning of the story. I'll be disappointed if it was building up to a final battle vs Acnologia instead, a character that wasn't even mentioned by name until a few arcs ago and only mentioned once before that.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Doesn't the latest chapter introduce a pretty major plot hole?

So if END didn't start Tartaros and that was just Mard Geer being a crazy person that talked to books, how did Silver know END was a fire demon? You'd think if he knew that much he'd know END was Natsu and wouldn't have told Grey about this stuff in the first place.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I enjoyed the lampshade hanging of Azuma going "wait, you're dead?" to Ikaruga.

Apparently they changed it so she survived in the anime, so if they ever animate this they'll have to retcon it, say she's actually an illusion, or that she died of cancer a few years ago. :3:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

kohon posted:

How do y'all not remember Azuma (tree guy) or Precht (Hades)? The Tenrou arc is probably the best one.

That arc had it all.

-Payoffs from earlier buildup (e.g., Gray and Ultear finally meeting)
-Several lost fights for Fairy Tail
-[2nd] Highest ratio of villains killed off forever instead of becoming latest best friends (Except for the two and counting times some of them came back as illusions, one of which was anime only)
-Ends with entire main cast, large amount of extended cast killed off*

*You guys only THINK they were okay. Once he's collected all of the Fairy Tail moneys Mashima will reveal the final chapter of Fairy Tail: Roseanne writing in her diary, everything after Tenrou was her fantasy.

Reading over this post it probably sounds like I hate this Manga, but I don't! I just like it when heroes are faced with adversity. :unsmith:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Something I don't understand about Zeira.. how much are either this or the last one related to the original/real Zeira? Is there any continuity between them? When the original died, did her soul live on as part of Mavis's illusion? Or was it a completely independent being and the real Zeira has been in the afterlife this whole time? If so, does she know Mavis has been using a model of her body and personality to enact an elaborate self-delusion? :gonk: What about this new Zeira?

Pretty depressing if it was nothing more than an illusion Mavis was friends with. :smith:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Mulderman posted:

I still wonder how shrinking a stab/laser wound would work.
I mean I can potentially get shrinking Natsu's magic tumor. But a stab wound seems to be a whole different thing.

It would work if the nature of the power wasn't strictly making something physically bigger or smaller (Which is already violating physics but it's magic w/e), but a more flexible, reality altering abstract power. For instance, if you somehow could make a wimp's muscles "bigger," simply increasing the size of their weak muscles alone would not actually make them stronger. Unless it works in an abstract manner, independent of the increase/decrease of mass, with an emphasis on the results rather than the minutiae of the process. Of course altering reality is a fair bit more powerful than just "controlling size." But Brandish IS supposed to be this super-powerful mage that's in a whole different class. If Eileen can change the landscape with similar powers, then Brandish making herself gigantic without breaking her bones and/or suffocating isn't so far out.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I still want to know how much Makarov knew about Natsu when he let him in the guild.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Suspicious Lump posted:

Don't tell me this is another multiverse bullshit I thought we had left that poo poo behind us.

Maybe it's FUTURE Erza (I was fine with mother or older sister, no need to make it overly complicated Mashima!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Wait, do we know for sure this is the last arc, or is that an assumption?

It was looking to me like there was at least one arc left, presumably involving Acnologia. Which is a drag, I wanted Zeref to be the last boss, which seems increasingly unlikely. :negative: Barring some kind of editor tap on the shoulder I can't imagine Mashima intentionally ending the manga without Natsu punching Acnologia's face off after such an obvious setup. Doesn't seem like there'll be time this arc, so..

• Locked thread