Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoren
May 28, 2008

Silento posted:

Wait, Gerard's hair is blue? Why did I always think it was red? :confused:

Also, I imagined Wendy's hair to be black but whatever, that's not really a big change in anime terms.

Blue hair? What the hell?

That completely fucks with my perception of the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yeah I have no idea who he is either. Even looking him up didn't help.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Andrast posted:

I can barely remember what happened 10 chapters ago in this manga. Natsu probably punched things with fire.

poo poo, I just skimmed through that arc. That's exactly what happens.

Gerard appearance, the classic "I'm really on your side" act, then Natsu powers up and defeats the main baddie.

Strangely enough I don't remember any of this arc. None of the characters even ring a bell.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I can't wait for Wednesday Lucy to meet Thursday Lucy, who has already heard from Friday Lucy that Sunday Lucy knocked her over the head.

I'm sure the chocolate bar fits in there somewhere.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I had no idea we were playing with multiple timelines here until that graph at the beginning of this chapter.

Really weird way to break info to the reader about such a thing.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I thought they were doing the whole split timestreams thing. If the recent event changes the future, then wouldn't everything else that's happening already have changed the future?

Fairy Tail just trippin all over the Paradoxes

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Natsu punched poo poo hard with a new powerup and everything turned out okay.

Never change, Fairy Tail :allears:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Well, if the dragons never came back in the first place then they never fought everyone and she never had to use those powers.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Silento posted:

Am I the only one who barely remembers anything of the older Fairy Tail arcs? Like, no joke, all I remember from early Fairy Tale is Natsu and Lucy infiltrating a mansion, Natsu eating some golden fire, the dragonslayers are statues(???), and that there was a machine that changed people's alignments.

You are not alone.

I can barely remember any plot events before the fairy island arc.

I remember a bit about the alternate parallel dimension though. And that time Natsu fought Gerard on top of a tower.

Everything else is a blur.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

WhiffleballDude posted:

Well drat now I feel weird about remembering most of the important stuff about every major arc. Might be because I watched the anime up until it ended, maybe it left more of an impression on me. Might've been the kickin' rad soundtrack.

Yeah that's probably why. For manga readers, a Fairy Tail chapter is about a minute of series tropes every week. It's hard to be impressed.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I really like how the author reminded us that the world is bigger than Edolas.

It's weird, because it certainly feels like the center of the world, with time traveling dragons invading and floating nuclear bomb islands.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Is it strange that I absolutely love this Flare chick's character?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Fairy Tail 365 is out at the usual places.

This manga has reached a whole new level of fanservice.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Gerard is the author so there's no way he'll die.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Now he's breaking the rules of his own fantasy world. Great.

That was the worst asspull ever.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Fabricated posted:

It's basically One Piece with a lot more fan service and no one (well no one anyone cares about) ever dies ever so I can imagine it getting really big since One Piece has been kinda ehhhhhh since the whole new world thing.

This is wrong. One Piece is amazing right now.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Usopp is amazing. The art/pacing in general has been pretty bad for a while IMO. How many times pre-new world did you see a Straw Hat get jobbed off screen? Bleh.

It's better than just padding out the manga for a year of fights.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Oh my god. "Charle and fish." Happy is the cutest.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Where's that one chick with the Ultra Fairy Magic and poo poo.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Haha that has to be one of the best over the top moments in fairy tail ever. I love it.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I like Frosch.

I just looked up these characters and they're all funky colors. In my imagination all the cats are pretty much white. :(

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm enjoying it.

Frosch is the best.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Hahaha oh god that would have been one hell of a twist.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yes Wendy ate magic air and kicked rear end. It was great.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

He might die. People die all the time in this manga. They just don't stay dead, is all.

Not a single good guy from Fairy Tail has died.

Even the old guild master of Sabertooth that Sting punched a hole through survived, surprisingly.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Simon died. Also Jackel murdered everyone on the magic council.

Weird. I have no memory of Simon at all. Even after browsing the wiki.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Goddamn it did he really plot device Wendy's hair back.

Not even hair can die in this drat manga.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Fairy Tail doesn't even exist as an anime to me.

In my mind Happy is still white.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Juvia has a shocking amount of female fans.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
drat it give Natsu his hair back.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
His name is actually Geraarudo.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Two time skips and everyone is pretty much the same.

Fairy tail is like a wheel that just keeps on spinning.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I've always liked Mistogan's design, before he became Gerard.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This scarlet witch character is pretty cool and over the top. I hope she scores the bad guys an actual victory for once.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
New chap up on MS. Best in years.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

jiffypop45 posted:

I don't remember early arcs.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm glad Erza got there in time to stop that fight. Who knows how it would have turned out otherwise?

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Surviving Hypothermia 101 in Pop Culture. You get naked and get under the sheets with someone so your body heat warms them.

Are you telling me this doesn't actually work

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Natsu is basically few punch man at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I can't believe it will take six more chapters to punch Acnologia to death.

• Locked thread