Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
Because they're statues, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Simoom posted:

pretty sure she lived, i vaguely remember like they walked past an old lady somewhere and the old lady smiled and was implied to be her. might be confusing her and uh, wendy's dragon grandma or whatever? really hard to keep track.

The way that scene played out implied that Ultear died shortly after they passed her by. But then Gray states sometime later that she's still alive, which means she's bound to show back up (young again, of course.)

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Simoom posted:

I wasn't really grossed out by it- that's just the kind of series this is- I was just mildly surprised. And yeah, this is all just setup for Lucy to be humiliated, but that's been the manga's concept from the very first chapter where she is almost willingly abducted into slavery.

Where exactly is Gildarts while all this is going on!

He'll show up at the dramatically appropriate moment to save the day by defeating Zeref's strongest minion. Either that or he'll show up to job to Acnologia. Probably the former, since he's already been beaten by Acnologia.

• Locked thread