Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

This is why Erza annoys me. The way she wins fights she was losing overwhelmingly by just thinking about her friends. To be fair, there's a possibility that Wendy is boosting her in this case, and the fight isn't over yet.

On the other hand, Erza is cool and enjoyably stupid outside of big arcs and is the only female character who ever gets to do anything of note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well that's a pretty darned unceremonious death.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully Natsu still dies fighting Zeref.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Nightmare Edgelord (Shadowskull, Blackfang, Phandomblade, etc.) the Human Slayer.

This isn't the Tales of Berseria thread.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's because she's a woman in the manga, Fairy Tail.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

this manga is kinda bad

I saw Bleach and Naruto through to the end, and Fairy Tail still isn't that bad.

It is bad, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish Zeref was a total chump in a fist fight who can't even throw a punch because he has never had to, but alas.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elfgames posted:

Zeref is natsu's brother and mavis's boyfriend there is a 0% chance he doesn't get friendship punched into being a goodguy

I don't know, Erza's mom just kind of unceremoniously killed herself.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

You know what I'm confused about, how the gently caress did Mavis give birth to this child? Wasn't she in stasis for many many years? I don't even remember the chapter about her...

Some questions are better left unanswered.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is also the fact that August had not reason to kill himself. He was vastly more powerful then everyone there, and was capable of firing massive explosions enough to blow the place up anyway. We have even seen him do so. Gildartz was the second person to land a blow on him (the first was Mest but that was healed by Brandish.) and August shrugged off Gildartz's attack, while Gildartz was on his last legs.

I just can't see how him self destructing was at all a good move other then Mashima not seeing a way for him to be beaten.

I mean it was the same deal with Erza's mom.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

Gonna get some of the most overt Deus Ex Machina bullshit ever pretty soon.

Also Zeref is literally Aizen now.

Aizen actually had charisma.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tsob posted:

I feel a bit odd in that I don't hate Fairy Tail. I find it very meh and really forgettable most of the time, but with occasional spikes of fun that keep me around. I'm probably going to get lacerated for this, but I kept reading Fairy Tail for years, even when I dropped other manga near their conclusions (I dropped Naruto about 10 chapters from the end when Kakashi gave his eye to someone in a dream but they had it in reality or something really dumb) and have never bothered to finish it. I've even kept reading it and dropped objectively better manga like My Hero Academia, which I binge read every few months but mostly just found competent but kind of dull. Fairy Tail's stupidity has a charm I guess. That or it's simple time investment, since I was reading it a lot longer than MHA but never felt it got insulting dumb like Naruto or regularly boring for long stretches like Bleach.

You have permission to like the titty.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jellal dies, Zeref dies, Natsu dies, happy ending.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Great romances like the following:

-Obsessed stalker and guy who ignores her
-Girl and guy who tried to use her as a sacrifice
-Girl and guy who literally crucified her
-The one we don't talk about

Though I'll give you Elfman/Evergreen, Bisca/Arzac, and I guess Aquarius/HER BOYFRIEND (her boyfriend), so that's at least three.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 13, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

So Zeref was just suddenly one shot by Natsu because of Emotions, despite everything making it so that it was impossible for him to win.

And Acnologia in the same chapter was pushed into a blackhole. Thus removing all threats, and Ichiya was the only casualty

Please tell me you meant Jellal, and not Ichiya.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sure was a short chapter in which Makarov un-died and literally nothing else happened.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And also it fails and Natsu stays dead.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mulderman posted:

All I want is for Acnologia to come back, but for Ichiya to stay dead.

Swap those names or get out of my house.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A better conclusion to the story arc with Irene and Erza wouldn't hurt, to be honest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to be very disappointed if there is not a panel of Acnologia puking upon landing on a boat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

It's almost certainly going to turn out dragon Acnologia doesn't get motion sickness because the dragon slayer part is off duking it out with the other dragon slayers in the rifts of time.

Alternately, both get sick because that would be funnier.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

I think you guys are burying the real lead here.

Lucy did something both useful and important without loving it up at all. The supposed main character actually was pivotal to beating the big bad.

I will be very displeased when she isn't guild master in the ending.

I'm gonna miss this dumb manga when it's over. I don't think Mashima will have trouble getting another series going, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a shame that the epilogue where Lucy becomes the guild master was left out, but of course we all know that happens.

I'll miss this dumb series, even if post time skip was a bit weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

rave has like one really well done and sad death in it.

The one time Jellal had the decency to stay dead.

• Locked thread