Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

attackbunny posted:

What are the chances that the 'favour' Gerard wanted is getting Cobra out of prison? We know he's still around because he was in the anime filler arc Mashima's canonised, and with him we've got seven dragonslayers versus seven dragons.

Wait, back up, what is this bullshit?

Do I actually have to watch the anime now?

And what was that thing on the front page about "Fairy Tail Best" on every week? I thought the anime was canceled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

This is basically the correct answer to anything but also:

Did anybody else think this kind of just came out of nowhere? It's pretty much been a bunch of trying to figure out weird time travel shenanigans, then we have Natsu making friends with a dragon by starting to eat him, then we get back to fights and see stuff going on. We see a fight coming up about Jellal, Ultear broods for no real reason. At the end it's more Grey/Juvia comic relief but suddenly :zaeed:

"Came out of nowhere" basically describes half the major events of this manga. Time jump, anyone?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Silento posted:

Natsu eating some golden fire

Wait, what? When did this happen?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Monaghan posted:

I did sort of like the self-awareness of "hey we've seen you naked a bunch of times, it's not really that big a deal anymore."

That, and Erza actually washing Natsu's back even though he doesn't wanna, cracked me up. Also Happy's "Aye", which is funny no matter what but really made me giggle this time.

But it was the stone being crumpled as Erza made a fist at the end that really made me forgive any slights I might have felt from being shown cartoon boobs. I call this a Good Chapter.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
New Chapter

Does magic have a soul?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cozz posted:

An cute side chapter has also been updated here.

If Fairy Tail was nothing but stupid side stories for the rest of it's run I'd be happy as a clam. The manga really is at it's best when it's just a bunch of friends goofing off.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 379

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bondster posted:

The first issue of the Monthly Fairy Tail magazine shipped on June 17 with a Fairy Tail Zero spinoff manga centering on the original Master Mavis. Four special one-shot manga chapters also ran in four Kodansha magazines this spring.

Huh, I haven't seen this chapter, did scanlators skip it for some reason?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 394

:stare: Jesus Christ, Juvia

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

khy posted:

So does Lucy ever go balls-out-crazy-powerful like Natsu seems to constantly?

I'd like to see her pull some wicked awesome poo poo out of thin air like, I dunno, summoning that celestial king into battle or something crazy awesome like that.

Natsu's cool and all but I wish other characters would get some of his -POWER OF FRIENDSHIP- crazy-rear end magic.

.... did you just start reading?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just glad we finally got an explanation for that spell preventing old people from leaving the guild hall was finally explained away. (and in a relatively not bullshit way!)

Also hopefully the time-skip is gonna actually have something resembling an impact on the story. I don't think the last one actually did anything?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kingtheninja posted:

just plow through the manga.

This.

You can read way faster than you can watch TV, so if you want to catch up quickly this is your best bet.

Also I remember watching a couple episodes of the anime and really hated those spell circle things that made it look like they were summoning something with every attack. The manga just has them punch people and it's much better for it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fairy Tail Zero's newest chapter has some interesting implications for the main series. Or at least I'm really curious to see what comes next.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Avulsion posted:

Between the Omake and the attack that melts women's clothes off I think we may have hit peak fanservice.

Peak fanservice was a while ago, never forget the Legend of the Flying Naked People

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
In the newest chapter, Natsu gets a haircut! Now he looks and acts exactly the same! It's like the timeskip never actually meant anything at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Silento posted:

Yeah I stopped reading this manga months ago when I realized I couldn't remember most of the past arcs and that I didn't really care about the future arcs.

Wait, if you stopped reading the manga why are you still reading this thread?

• Locked thread