Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Chapter

It appears Marde just erased Natsu and Gray from existence. While they will likely be brought back somehow it is interesting that Marde straight up won his fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Angry Grimace posted:

Its Fairy Tail.

Literally nobody dies.

Except for Simon, Rob, Ur, Doldoria, Zancrow, Zoldeo, Azuma, Ultear, Hades, Lahar, Gran Doma, Elg, the rest of the magic council, Crawford, Future Lucy, Ezel, Maybe Tempesta and Jackel, Kyouka, Keyes, Silver and as of this chapter Mard Geer and Igneel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodyle posted:

Etherius Natsu Dragneel

:psyboom: WHAT

Etherious it's the name of the type of Demons that come from the Books of Zeref.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tsob posted:

So what is etherias again? Means poo poo all to me.

I mentioned it earlier on the page. Etherious are a subspecies of Demons that were created from the books of Zeref.

All the Nine Demon gates had a 2nd form known as Etherious form as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jose posted:

When was this explained?

Mard Geer explained it soon after his first appearance. That the members of Tartarus are Etherious, Demons born from the book of Zeref. All the Demons that transformed after he explained it called the transformation Etherious form.

|Ziggy| posted:

So Natsu is gonna turn into a dragon to beat up on Acknologia. I'm ok with this.

Nope he is going to turn into a Demon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Suspicious Lump posted:

So to wrap it all up:

Zeref teaches Mavis magic then kills her (accidentally or something).
Creates E.N.D who is actually Natsu the strongest demon, who is currently in hibernation or something, to kill him.
Tartus wants to awaken E.N.D by destroying all magic in the world.
Grey wants to destroy E.N.D because... I don't know.

I don't get the dragons being inside their slayers, what actually happened to them at the end? What does Igneel have to do with E.N.D, are they connected?

Grey wants to destroy E.N.D because he promised his father he would.

Igneel and the other dragons were inside their slayers to work some magic that would prevent them from becoming crazy dragons and to make sure they got a shot at killing Acnologia before they passed on. Igneel has no connection with E.N.D other then the fact he was unable to kill him and was defeated by him. E.N.D appears to be feared by Acnologia as well. Igneel also apparently raised E.N.D aka Natsu after the book was sealed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Myurton posted:

New chapter is out.

http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/418/2674/1
or
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/418

Natsu got even more ridiculously strong. Actually glad they didn't do some silly fanservice omake.

I bet it's nothing compared to his power as an ancient Demon. Honestly I am looking at him very differently now that we know he is a Demon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

who the gently caress is gerald

A mistranslation of Jellal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Really though Brain/Zero was (were?) just the worst

Brain goes down like a chump because he underestimates a Wizard Saint, the thing everyone in the series knows not to do, even though his whole thing is being a smart guy, and Zero had no interesting visual gimmick or magic, he just hit a little harder than his minions and recycled Jellal's dark magic. Wowee.

On top of that there's no emotional attachment or anything really hateable about he/them. He has no personal connection to any of the characters, he's just some random jerkoff. Angel's Evil Lucy, Cobra's a Dragon Slayer, Midnight and Racer are super smug pricks. The worst thing Brain ever does is shoot Cobra while he's about to kill Natsu and Zero just snaps his weird talking staff in half.

In conclusion he sucks and I hate him.

Well you learn of some dickish things that Brain did later on with Ultear, but yeah he is not particularly interesting.

I do like Zeref more then Hades and I find the Demons of Tartarus rather cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zogundar posted:

I think that was only in the anime, so whether it's canon is questionable.

That said I wholly approve of the anime's decision to sneak back in the original decision to make Faust the Edolas Makarov. I still don't get why Mashima's editor wouldn't let him do that.

Well the the Zentopia religion arc is canon though it was exclusive to the anime. It was straight up said to have happened.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Astro Ambulance posted:

Who's the chick in charge of the magic submarine. Should I remember who she is?

Angel, real name Solano. (Lucy even called her Angel.)

She was a member of the Oración Seis and was defeated by Lucy. She showed up again as a villain in the Anime only Key of the Starry Sky arc as part of the Reborn Oración Seis were she was defeated by Grey.

Her most recent appearance was in the Tartaros arc were she was released by Mest along with all of the original Oración Seis members. She fought Jellal along with Racer and Cobra but was defeated by his ultimate spell. After which she agreed to help him. It appears because of Mest releasing her she has agreed to help in this chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zogundar posted:

Also it's really obvious she's Yukino's long-lost older sister that was kidnapped by the Zeref cultists as slave labor to build their corporate headquarters on an offshore island for tax purposes (inb4 "Who is Yukino again?")

It's not even an obvious thing. It's confirmed, Yukino said her older sisters name was Solano. (Before we learned Angel's real name.)

Also to be correct she was not building an base for Tax Purposes. It was Slave labor to build a crappy looking tower that wouldn't do anything. (Well it was supposed to bring a dead guy back to life, but that's kind of useless when said dead guy is still alive.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 14, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sharktamer posted:

Uh Gildartz duh.

I actually would not be surprised if Laxus has surpassed Gildartz at this point. Makarov stated that Jura was just as strong as Gildartz and Laxus just managed to defeat Jura. Natsu has also surpassed Gildartz from the island given that Natsu one shotted Bluenote who gave Gildartz problems. Given that Laxus is implied to still be much stronger then Natsu I am guessing that Laxus might have surpassed Gildartz at this point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

This assumes Gildartz didn't also progress during the time skip

Oh I assume he did. I think it's possible that Laxus may have progressed more then he did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TriffTshngo posted:

The short version is he was a good kid, got corrupted or possessed or something, grew up evil, had a doppelganger spy in the magic council, turned good again after losing to Natsu, showed up again later with no evil memories, let himself get arrested, broke out, and is currently an outlaw vigilante or something. Mystogan was alt. universe Jellal.

Nah he did not turn good after losing to Natsu. He turned good after losing his memories.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Avulsion posted:

I still find it hilarious how Jellal went through all that effort with a decade long evil plan to resurrect a guy who wasn't even dead to begin with.

The entire Tower and Jellal, Erza and the Seis being slaves there was pointless as the guy was not dead.

Pretty much they suffered for no reason.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyges posted:

Chapter Link

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up.

How do you contract the curse anyway? A certain level of power and love things too much you gets the curse, Zeref contagion, over use of Fairy Law?

Zeref got the curse for trying to bring the dead back to life. Mavis got it from utilizing an incomplete version of of Zeref's life taking magic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Newest chapter is out and I am completely satisfied with how they beat Ajeel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Simoom posted:

Bad Mann. His name is Bad Mann.

I thought it was Bradmann.

Unless you are talking about Wall Eehto. The Japanese spelling of his name (Waaru Iihito) is a pun on warui hito which means bad guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Simoom posted:

The one that looks like the Minions' Boss.

That's Wall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Say Nothing posted:

Ajeel was basically Crocodile from One Piece on steroids.

Croc can more or less do the same thing. Also the Canon would not have done anything to Crocodile who would have just reformed on the spot. Ajeel after all does not have intangibility only the power to turn what touches him into sand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
According to Spoilers Wahl/Badd was actually a fake. The real one is with DiMaria

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Angry Grimace posted:

But Natsu is END already. Zeref calls the Etherious demons "Etherious" because he brought them to life using the Ethernano poo poo - Natsu is just his dead brother brought to life the same way, so he called him Etherious Natsu Dragneel.

Presumably there is more to it. Given that END is still stated to be sealed in it's book.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Who was it that stated it again?

Mard Geer and all the other Tartarus Demons. Also Zeref who said they were close to reawakening END.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyges posted:

Wasn't that some of the worst publicity in history since no one knew about E.N.D. until Mard Geer brought it up like 3/4 of the way through the arc?

Actually no it was good publicity as the situation was pretty much the opposite of what you just said. We knew about END before the Tartarus arc even started. END was constantly mentioned as the Master of Tartarus and the most powerful Zeref Demon. We did not know about Mard Geer who showed up about halfway through the Arc.

Anyway I assume Demon Stuff will happen with Natsu should the book be opened. As Zeref did tell Mard Geer before he killed him that he was close to reviving END. Added on Zeref himself implies that END is a separate entity from Natsu even if they share the same body. (What with him telling Natsu that in the end only him or END will be able to reach him. And he is curious about which one it will be.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Brandish is kind of pathetic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Makarov was right. Serena is disappointing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is some speculation that Neinheart is going to be Simon. Which if true with Ultear having just come back, everything of consequence in the entire series will have been undone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Still the best scene in Rave.

Well I will say this. Seig here actually died here so this meant more then any sacrifice in Fairy Tail.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TFRazorsaw posted:

Marin cancels out spatial magic in areas he controls, I believe.

Yeah it's why he instantly defeated Erza and Lucy. But Brandish has done more damage to her own team then Fairy Tail has as result of her treatment of the massive asset that is Marin. Marin has been much more impressive then her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Simoom posted:

Just by instantly negating Erza the guy has been better built up and more threatening to the heroes than any of the 12 arc villains

He also negated Erza during her fight with Ajeel while he was nowhere near her and the only reason Erza was able to take him down. (Other then the cannon) is because Brandish was a jerk and did not return Marin to normal size like she was told to result in Lucy stomping on him.

The guy was also able to fight Gray and Natsu at the same time and keep up with them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Bluegilly, the badass who totally curbstomped Canna and was said to be equal to Gildarts, only to lose in a single hit once Azuma got beaten and everyone in FT could fight at full force again.

Bluegilly, the badass who lost to Natsu in a single hit post time-skip (the second one).

Well Bluenote was fighting Equally with Gildartz until Azuma depowered everyone. Then Gildartz sent Bluenote flying with his second wind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

jiffypop45 posted:

You seem to have this manga confused for Monster Masume.

nope the Snake is a human girl now. (And always was she was just cursed by being turned into a snake.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kuroyama posted:

And she'll probably transform back to a snake to help out Cobra.

And may I say, she may possibly be the worst developed character in the series. All this information comes from side stories and those chapter cover profiles Mashima occasionally pops out.

And an anime only arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Relin posted:

I guess next chapter will feature more Larcade, who kind of got clowned on. Since this is the final arc do you think the subplot with Ivan Dreyer will be resolved really clumsily?

I thought it was already resolved. (It was done terribly and was really anticlimactic but it kind of was.)

We actually still have not gotten any follow up to Obra from that Arc who is still palling around with Zeref.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 25, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The curse does mess up Zeref's thoughts as well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is also the fact that August had not reason to kill himself. He was vastly more powerful then everyone there, and was capable of firing massive explosions enough to blow the place up anyway. We have even seen him do so. Gildartz was the second person to land a blow on him (the first was Mest but that was healed by Brandish.) and August shrugged off Gildartz's attack, while Gildartz was on his last legs.

I just can't see how him self destructing was at all a good move other then Mashima not seeing a way for him to be beaten.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I find it kind of funny that he is voiced by Aizen from bleach.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So Zeref was just suddenly one shot by Natsu because of Emotions, despite everything making it so that it was impossible for him to win.

And Acnologia in the same chapter was pushed into a blackhole. Thus removing all threats, and Ichiya was the only casualty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chumbler posted:

Please tell me you meant Jellal, and not Ichiya.

Nope Ichiya. He and Anna (Who only just showed up now so I don't count her) were the only casualties of the battle. They sacrificed themselves to defeat Acnologia by ramming him with the airship into the time black hole that was only just introduced so there was a way to defeat Acnologia.

For Ichiya fans Nichiya is still alive.

• Locked thread