Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Come on Fairy Tail. You got amazingly awesome there for a split second (2 pages) and it appeared there would be a flashback. But nope, straight into introducing more lovely characters that will either be forgotten or added to the stockpile of Fairy Tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I don't get why a Demon Slayer is a vile and terrible man? Sounds like he was mistaken when he froze the village.

Also loved the little twist but I odnt understand why the fire was Atlas or what the magic that brought him back was?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy crap that last panel... he's not even being subtle about it. Ezra bent over with Natsu on top. :aaa:

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 12, 2013

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
...did they just hint at lesbian action between the two female demons?

Natsu and Lisanna should just do a Dead Leaves.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Boooorrrrrring. Things were interesting last chapter! I was thinking, how will fairy tail get out of this? rear end pull cardifying everyone without even touching them. Then the prisoners escape. Great setup, really lovely execution.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I thought FT had already done tentical rape?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
haha gently caress off. That was terrible.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 30, 2014

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jesus, for being a more-titties-less-story One Piece, Fairy Tail is becoming insanely big. Is it that popular in Japan?
.... apparently yes

quote:

In Japan, the fifth volume of Fairy Tail was ranked seventh in a list of the top ten manga, and the series once again placed seventh after the release of the sixth volume.[53] Fairy Tail was in 2011 the 4th best selling manga in Japan (by series).
I'm still honestly waiting for the manga to pickup. To me it's pre-Water 7 if we are comparing it to One Piece.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I completely forgot that Hades was a beast who was killed only by Zeref.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Haha I love rabbit girl. "Let's blow up her gigantic boobs, KA- BOOM"

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

The answer is that Mashima is totally making it up as he goes along. Thankfully, he seems to have moved away from that weird phase where Gray kept getting into motorcycle races. That seems like it would be a very strange direction for this particular fight to take.
It's probably going to turn out that his father has been influencing the demon... somehow and all of these actions are explained.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Im confused, Juvia and Gray are brother and sister?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
She did eat air not long ago when she powered up to defeat some bad guy (octo-rape dude?) while trying to stop FACE.

Which turned out to be useless because there are a million FACE.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That was a really cool chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Igneel has not activated Human Slayer Mode yet.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I really dont care about this drawn out fight between Ezra and Kyouka. I want to see Natsu either punch a dragon or continue to pressure Mad Geer like a badass. But it will end with the usual crap; he's hurt oh no what will he do FOR FRIENDSHIP. When it's really for INFORMATION!!!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
What's the deal with Ezra love? She's utterly boring character. All of the retarded bullshit side (FOR FRIENDSHIP!!) that is, at least Natsu has cool fire and a loving dragon inside of him. I really like Jubia (Juvia?), she's been thrown to the side though :( Her fight against Gray was actually really cool.

Annnnnnnnnnyway, I want Natsu fight. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn don't let up, no for friendship moment just kickass till he drops.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also her soloing all the monsters in the Tournament arc, thus depriving everyone else she was up against of the chance to fight, was pretty awesome.

That being said at this point I'm pretty much only here for Gajeel.
That was pretty drat cool actually! Completely forgot about that moment.

I'm here just for the dragons and there's not enough of it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
But then she shouldn't be able to detect where her enemy is... but she was still feeling pain.

My bet is Face is not what they think Face is.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Did we ever see Acnologia in human form?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Bernardo Orel posted:

Dat rear end shot. Also :black101: Igneeeel :black101:
gently caress yeah this. Was not expecting it. :20: says it will come back though.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
So to wrap it all up:

Zeref teaches Mavis magic then kills her (accidentally or something).
Creates E.N.D who is actually Natsu the strongest demon, who is currently in hibernation or something, to kill him.
Tartus wants to awaken E.N.D by destroying all magic in the world.
Grey wants to destroy E.N.D because... I don't know.

I don't get the dragons being inside their slayers, what actually happened to them at the end? What does Igneel have to do with E.N.D, are they connected?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I kinda liked Natsu with crazy hair, I thought after his adventure he turned Tarzan or a feral boy like Donald from Thornberrys.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The highlight of the last arc (has it ended?) was Natsu going bonkers on Mard Geer. Sadly it didn't mean much.

Something I just get tired of is the back and forth bullshit we constantly get in Shonen manga. It happen sometimes but it's fairly rare; when someone just completely dominates their opponent. None of "FRIENDSHIP" bullshit that FT and One Piece do a lot.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The author just sucks at suspense or whatever the poo poo he is doing half the time.

Chapter goes from sneaking around to full metal in a few pages but then goes down the same old route: FOR FRIENDSHIP RARARWER.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Nilbop posted:

This manga has the worst pacing and world-building I've ever seen outside of Kenichi. It's just loving absurd that week on week we meet this new hyper-powerful organization that we've heard absolutely nothing about before, and then Natsu punches their big-bad first time around for a KO. It's just bananas.

This a friend of a friend said such and such but supposedly the writer suffers from writers block. I think he's still struggling to figure out a proper story but he is getting there. There's now a few threads of a story happening and he's introducing more and more things.

I agree though, pretty poo poo pacing.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I think because Acnologia could potentially kill Natsu, who is the only demon capable of killing Zeref.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fabricated posted:

So who is also jellal this time?
Honestly I'm still confused about the Jellal saga. I have no idea what actually transpired or who he was.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

The short version is he was a good kid, got corrupted or possessed or something, grew up evil, had a doppelganger spy in the magic council, turned good again after losing to Natsu, showed up again later with no evil memories, let himself get arrested, broke out, and is currently an outlaw vigilante or something. Mystogan was alt. universe Jellal.

I really appreciate this. What happend to Mystogan? How did he lose his memories?

Nahxela posted:

Yeah, it was something like that. I think he was dead and then one of the Oracion Seis revived him without his memories?

Also, that doppelganger in the Magic Council was just a magical clone he made of himself, and who he later killed while en route to activating Etherion.
What? Now I'm confused again.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The author has gotten fantastic at introducing fanservice and making it look completely natural. Like Lucy climbing the train, great angel for rear end shot! He also does characters relatively well IMO. I love Grey and my favorite female character is Juvia, she used to be a lot better as a character but now shes just some second class citizne for maybe an rear end shot and bothering Grey to marry her.

Also if you read my posts the plot makes no loving sense.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Nilbop posted:

He's a fantastic artist.

He's just the most bland, blatantly derivative writer I've ever read. He'll write anything he thinks will make his story sell more to more people.
:( Makes me sad because some parts of the action are good, the pacing sometimes is excellent (when they broke into the demon stronghold) but then it just gets thrown sideways. Natsu rampaging has never actually gone to completion, it's always met by a strong enemy who overpowers him, then something happens and they fight again this time FOR MY FRIENDS.... comeon just once bring out the rear end whooping without friends bullshit. Maybe if he wasn't such a 1D character we'd actually get something.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Has this been posted yet?
New Chapter showcasing all the badies.

I think whoever called Natsu's arm being Acnologia is probably correct.

Is this the last arc of the series?

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 17, 2015

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Avulsion posted:

Left != Right
Good point! Wouldn't it be hilarious if the author got this mixed around like I did? heh.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I know where she's going to hide her keys :mrgw:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Nahxela posted:

Ichiya rules.
Haha this. I was hoping they'd draw it out a bit longer for more suspense and wait till next chapter for the reveal. That would have been better.

The bad guy showing his a robot was both stupid and cool. You don't give away your secret man!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

The Gajeel thing is so weird since he seems to have actively sought penance both with the guild and with her, and cares about her in the post-crucifixion era, but they never really explicit show her forgiving him do they?

I mean technically for all the fluff and nonsense in Fairy Tail they are an organization of quasi-legal magi mercenaries who are constantly vying for violent dominance within their cultural niche of insane psychopaths. They live horrific, violent lives of torture and humiliation. Anyone in Fairy Tail is explicitly stated to be on the edge of the law, barely accepted at points in the manga, and just one step above a seething pool of dark guilds that all appear to be completely bonkers. They're all suicidal cults dedicated to a walking incarnation of divine punishment handed out in such a way that he causes massive suffering for an eternity if he so much as gives a gently caress. And he's on the other side of a conflict with a flying death god who seeks to become a mass extinction event or something? Is this why i never think about this manga?

I don't think Juvia and Gray is ending with anything other than them getting married in the undoubtedly naruto epilogue tier epilogue.
I love this summary, never thought about Fairy Tail manga this way. I guess this is a reason why they care about their friends and the guild so much, this is all they have left and it might be the only thing keeping them sane.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I hope 465 is the last chapter for this manga. If it goes out with such awesomeness... oh I can dream

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Probably the most legitimately creepy and gross thing in fairy tail yet. Great job Mashima.
I feel like this is what he was going for. There is creepy in usual sense and then there's creepy in the sexual sense. Most of the time FT is creepy in the sexual sense (up skirt shot of a cat transformed into a teenager :stare:) but this time it's the normal creepy.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Kuroyama posted:

Is that the phone?

I think it's the phone, because I loving called it.
THIS IS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT YOU IGNORANT FOOL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Gyges posted:

As the dragons were dying, 5 of them decided to join together and train 5 orphans with the power to one day defeat Acnologia, the dragon slaying dragonslayer. Later it turned out that they weren't yet powerful enough to defeat Acnologia and thus once again time skipped ahead 7 years. Following that they once again ran into a fight with dragons and, while able to finally do something, realized they were still too weak to actually really fight dragons, so they time skipped a year.
Wtf was weakening them?

• Locked thread