Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Is Cyber Cop subbed? The theme song as catchy as gently caress, but I dont know if it's any good. It looks chintzy even by toku standards :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So, after watching Metalder episode 25 and 25, I want to know, has any group done Gavan?

How is Metalder, by the way? I thought I heard someone say it was awesome. I do kind of want to see the metal hero shows, because they look pretty insane, but I don't know if they've been subbed or are worth the effort. Jiraya and kabutak looks batshit crazy :v:

I havent really gone all in with buying mania of all the toys/weapons/gimmick poo poo since Gokaiger but... I think Ghost might rope me in

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 30, 2015

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I really hope historical figures appear ala Obi-Wan Kenobi ghost when he henshins into his various forms

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

jivjov posted:

There's some manner of ranger key set being announced on the 7th. I'm really hoping its ToQ/Ninnin keys.

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/special-1000004966/

Son of a BITCH. If it's like any of the other premium bandai ranger key stuff, it'll be fairly cool but ludicrously expensive. Dang it.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Go Go Five V-5

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

hoooly poo poo, I just thought of something

Since Ghost is starting in September, that means it will air during the Christmas season, right?

Prediction: Ghost may crib one or all of the Ghosts of Christmas Past/Present/Future from a Christmas Carol as a form or toy or... something :stare:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

I found this pretty interesting, since I didn't realize before, but someone on Tumblr pointed out that Ghost may be based on fireflies, and it makes sense.

Ooh ok, that makes a lot of sense actually. I like the design so that's cool.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I like Fourze the character. I like his suit design, I like his personality. I like the tone of fun/silliness in equal measure. The whacky gadgets and the space theme just tickle that part of me that loved learning about space as a kid. Fourze rules.

.... that being said, I actually dont like the SHOW. I thought a lot of the stories were kind of boring, the villians were stupid, its takes too drat long to get going... I quit out 1/3rd into the series. I like Fourze's group of friends overall, and I think they did a good job casting it, but the stories failed to really keep my attention. Kamen Rider Beyblade didnt really click with me.

I like that Fourze is popular enough to make cameos in movies/video games or whatever, and I think that's where he shines.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I dont know, is Eiji the blankest slate Kamen Rider ever? I mean... what the gently caress is his alleged personality. This whole "Eiji has no ambition of his own" only shows up in like the last 4 episodes.

Im not saying he's bad per say, but he is boring as gently caress. Its not even bad acting, there's is no character to speak of. If it wasnt for Ankh I wouldve stopped watching OOOs like 3 episodes in.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Burkion posted:

Their tone falls more in line with the more serious shows from the Showa Era, like X or V3.

Made for modern audiences anyways. Don't let the Drill Rhinos and Starfish Hitler's fool you, some of the Showa Series were screwed up.

The W and beyond era is far more...safe and friendly, I guess. Which says something since W had a bunch of drug abuse stuff as part of its narrative.

In one of the earlier episodes of V3, one of the Shocker mutants karate chops off a dudes head. Grimdark indeed :v:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The correct answer is Gokai Silver :ssh:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's because it was more about him than the pirates who were not actually interested in being a proper Sentai team, because his entire arc is teaching them to be a Sentai team.

Yea, exactly. He's the only Earthling besides Aka who gives a crap :v:

Basically, Gokai Silver's awesomeness is inversely proportional to how lame his henshin toy is.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Shin Tokusatsu Thread: Even if there is no God...there is Kamen Rider

By the by, do any of you guys buy the toku mags like Telibi-kun or Telebi Magazine? There's a Kinokuniya not too far for me, so I load up on some issues every now and then. Love the goofy little collectibles they come with, and the photos are awesome. I love the little SD Rider/Sentai comics they have in the back, the artwork is really charming and some of them are pretty funny.

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 24, 2015

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

PuToTyra was better looks wise than the unfortunate abomination that is Cyclone Joker Extreme :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I also wish they'd done FangMetal and FangTrigger at some point.

That would be cool.

I know somewhere I saw concept artwork for Fang Dopant and Joker Dopant... both looked pretty cool.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Luna Joker is my favorite because the maximum drive attack is called Joker Strange

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Rei_ posted:

So OOOs question. Did they ever explain why Hina had superhuman strength or was that just like a japanese slapstick thing that went over my head

No, it was dumb. Hina and Eiji was really bland and boring. The main characters sucked, all the secondary characters ruled

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Huh... I'm wondering what the hell his standby noise is. I think it's "バッチリミナー" (Bachirimina) which I've seen around, but I dont know if that's someone's name, or is some kind of Japanese pun... it's hard to really to make out clearly even when you are listening for it. The "G-G-G-GHOST!" part owns tho.

Was not expecting the Eyecons to be alive... or whatever the hell they are doing. I got kind of a "Batteries not Included" kinda vibe from them?

Fourze had a video like this before his show came out, and if I remember correctly, had something to do with a magician and was the most drugged out imagery ever captured on film.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Weather owned, and it was awesome to see the buddy Rider get his own arch-enemy that was awesome to see play out.

Weather's design loving rules and I am glad I have his figuart :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Especially since both Climax Heroes and Rider Generations were just good. Not amazing, just good.

Great Battle Fullblast was a neat little game, I thought. The graphics were nice and the gameplay was fun enough. The only problem with it really was just how incredibly short the game was, but I thought it was good. Never got a sequel though. :(

By the by, did anyone play Super Hero Generation? Looked like tokusatsu Super Robot Wars, basically

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Holy poo poo, I really hope Ghost's theme song is a hip-hop song :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Yeah, we need all the stupid secondary characters, that would be awesome. Signal Man Figuarts :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

kakuranger had those fuckin whats their nuts

Kakuranger's mecha dont seem to be talked about a lot, but I think they were loving awesome.

Muteki Shogun is still one of the most epic bots in all of sentai-dom :allears:

• Locked thread