Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So does Kamen Rider Black ever get good? It just seems like a blander version of the original thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Goddamn Kuuga had a huge death toll. It was kind of ridiculous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They should make another Eternal movie, where they look into the mystery of just where the gently caress that guy's chin went.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is that supposed to be Kouga's dad?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is a reason people don't really eat acorns even though they are edible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess if you use Wizard as the standard for a good show Gaim is kind of terrible. I can't imagine how someone could get that attached to wizard of all things, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Anyone have that screenshot to the effect of "Because Decade doesn't have a story"?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The quality of secondary riders seems to be completely independent of the quality of the rest of a given show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Eiji being dull was a plot point. Other riders might get stronger as a result of burning emotions, but Eiji's lack of such was the entire basis of his character. By contrast, Haruto's dullness was the result of bad writing and I don't think it was ever acknowledged.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So why was Black a cyborg rather than a mutant, anyway? Golgom didn't ever demonstrate that they had the capability to produce cyborgs afterward. It was all mutant this, mutant that, and even their cyborgs were powered by some mystical artifacts. Was there some in-setting justification?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Drive is rather underwhelming thus far. Two episode arcs, lovely hot wheels constantly popping in, a supporting cast that tries way too goddamn hard to be zany and a boring main character. Not wizard boring mind you, but still not interesting enough to care about.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh, I'm not saying it definitely won't improve. Three episodes in is kind of early to make a prediction either way. Those three episodes haven't really grabbed me, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess now we know why Kouta returns to earth this time. Obviously, so he can swipe that sweet transforming hat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll start with W first. I have a question though: I heard from someone that Den-O is also a great place to start, but the subs suck. What are your thoughts?

Ha ha, no. Don't start with Den-O.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Just got caught up on drive. Man, I like Mach so much better than Drive. A fabulous showman who does completely nonsensical tricks is just plain superior to 'lazy guy who stops being lazy when the plot requires it'.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

So this article says soemthing about 'Cosmic Champion Spiderman' Or something. I have no idea what that is.

I am assuming it is basically a rip off of the Phoenix Force or something, right? A Cosmically powerful version of Spiderman who only exists to get chumped out by whatever crossover villian has shown up to show how strong they are?

I see you are familiar with the works of Dan Slott.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I stopped watching drive around episode 10 or so, did it ever improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Speaking of tvn, are any of their old projects actively being redone by anyone? The op is seriously out of date, so that's no help.

• Locked thread