Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One thing I love about Sentai is it knows to get right into the action. They already are fighting 4 minutes in most of the time. You already know the power rangers formula of

Dumb intro that means nothing
comedy
Monsters talking
comedy characters doing poo poo
rangers meet the monster
"drama"
they fight again
zords

It's really repetitive because unlike Sentai the characters have no development through all of that. I just watched episode 2 of Kyoryuger and they did blue and pink in the same ep and ddin't make it feel half assed and without all the dumb "comedy". All of the comedy is done in battle where it belongs. They understand people watch to see the suit and fighting while power rangers thinks kids really loving love the actors for some reason. It also promotes the toys well without being intrusive. My 2 year old daughter love to watch Shinkenger with me but she cant stand to watch Megaforce/Samurai for more then 5 minutes.

RBX fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Without an actual likebale leader like Jason the rest of the rangers look like goobs too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How could you hate I will win, Fight, and We need a hero? :colbert:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"I dont watch and care about the sentai even though everything I hate about power Rangers is handled better, and YES I KNOW I MIGHT LIKE IT so stop asking me these confusing questions. Now back to the callous explosions....."

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I decided to finish Shinkenger before starting Fourze but I got to the Decade crossover and stopped to watch that. I'm very interested but I only hear bad things about it. I really have no idea what's going on other than a vague "They cross dimensions and do stuff, worlds get destroyed?" Why is it hated? Are the fight scenes any better?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh I watched the crossover for both series already, forgot to clarify. Guess i'll watch other series before being disappointed with Decade.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It did seem overly negative at times but brought a different perspective on the show and gave some background info I didn't know. Did not agree about the story being non existent though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

There's also these guys, who do the research, but come off more as guys just watching the show.

And yeah, they're responsible for that Power Rider prank.

I like these guys, their enthusiasm is enduring.

They spend 30 minutes hyping up Gokaiger for Linkara in the first episode.

"So have we convinced you to at least try out sentai? One episode of Gokaiger?"

"No. I have no interest in the Sentai."

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who could not like Aigaron?

That really stings.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The sites are saying it is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So, all original footage or mostly Sentai footage? Will we see an actual Legend War? Or just a couple clips? Will the original fight scenes not be poo poo?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

After 20 years they still haven't learned.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He's shown to be a nice guy inside way before gold shows up.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nightmare as in scary or crazy or bad?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I finished Shikenger a couple weeks ago and i'm gonna do a write up on it, Gokaiger, and Kyoryuger when I stop being lazy.

Starting Ohranger and it's fuckin badass. I love the feel of older Sentai, the grittyness, washed out colors, cool rear end monsters, and how the team doesn't dance and laugh their way through every fight.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Kyoryugers are somehow having more fun than the Gokaigers. Didn't think that was possible.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's real?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Saban had a terrible time adapting Turbo hence its shittyness. Power Rangers was serious business and here they are suck with a comedy series. Plus they had to switch the entire cast it was so bad. That's why Space was gonna be the last series because Turbo was so bad. Carranger saved sentai, Turbo almost killed Power Rangers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If by creepy you mean hot then yes. Its ok for women to be sexy sometimes.

The kids at the end were so :3:. This show continues to top itself in cheese.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I did not know..............Stop looking at me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Super Hero Tasien confirms Decade as the worst series with his haircut and Diend being the dumbest fucker alive. Great movie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kamen Rider W is a pretty cool guy even if his Monster designs kinda suck.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Thankfully the story, opening theme, Rider design, and Phillip make up for everything. My friend was over today, he doesn't watch toku, I asked him to watch episode 5 with me and he was like "So the girl and boy join bodies? Does he get tits under the suit?" :ssh:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jetman has a villian smoking Black and Mild Cigars and that's ALL I smoke. Best Sentai of all time. This and W are pretty ahead of the pack right now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Metalder was so badass I used to watch it without subs back in day because I couldn't wait.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha People are still sperging about the costume anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I thought that that was part of Zyu2?

Zyu 2 is Green Ranger poo poo before that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How long is Wizard dull?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahahhaha that's gotta be photoshop.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I'll put it this way. There was a ground hog day type episode where the Rangers were killed by new weapons made for them due to Plot. Carter knew this. He gets put in a situation where he's face to face with a monster that is, due to plot, about to kill another of his teammates, and he has the thing at point blank range with both that weapon and a stronger weapon. He doesn't even hesitate to pull the trigger, which shreds his suit. He then goes on to pilot a Megazord by himself immediately after, only passing out after killing the monster.

That's pretty drat badass. Oh, and, you know, not even flinching when he orders his teammates to seal him in hell to save the day.

Lightspeed is a badass underrated season. The green ranger is awesome, and carter is a new age Jason. The whole show is a retread of mmpr kinda but different. I liked it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok i'm on episode 14 of W and I think it's time for the first movie? Since the commercial started interrupting the wonderful intro sequence. So I just watch Begins Night then i'm good right?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

W's villains have very interesting interactions. Best since Shinkenger. It keeps getting better!

Edit: Wow episode 18.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 30, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This is Accel.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/624/my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOps4qA5rM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eptx-YySLL8

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

His prick and mugging levels are at an extreme high but i'll wait.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So TVN came out and said anybody who doesn't like them is a hating troll idiot. Then I watched that Otakuking anime fansub documentary on youtube and laughed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

mikeycp posted:

Podcasters With Attitude.

This one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The villains, on the other hand, are completely predictable catchphrase sprouters and they are no fun at all.

Look at this wrong opinion.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Up to Episode 33 of W and even though there's been a few Deus Ex Machinas and Accel still has the personality of a brick it's still building to something awesome. The monster designs got extremely better as the series went on, the montage in episode 32 was one of the most unintentionally funny things i've seen, and seeing Phillip dressed as a girl made me ask myself questions I do not want to answer. I love the low amount of filler as well. I guess Kamen Rider is a little better than Sentai with that?

RBX fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 5, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Search the facebook Toku fan pages for the dub I know it's on there somewhere.

When I watched Shinkenger the filler really irritated me because I wanted to see what would happen next and it was OBVIOUS filler. Still my favorite though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kyoryuger hasn't had a bad episode yet.

• Locked thread