Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

If you want to get into Sentai, I'd recommend grabbing the 7 episodes so far of Kyoryuger and following it weekly. Not that watching something that's finished isn't a good idea, but now's a great time to get into an ongoing show without having to spend ages watching previous episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The love battery could be incredible later, if Nossan ever gets to use it. At least then someone in the show would appreciate his jokes.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

Speaking of dumb Toku suits, (Kyoryuger) geez, Deboss looks way worse than I was expecting after all the other main villains and their great designs. Really hoping he get some Ultimate Form that looks less goofy.

Considering that Torin referred to Deboss' appearance as "the same form it took when it appeared in the age of the dinosaurs" and it looks pretty dinosaur-y, I'm sure he'll get a humanoid form towards the end of the series for wiping out humankind.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Gokaiger had its movie addon appear in the final episode too, and Go-Onger's movie mech got a two-parter about it - it's a trend that's been going for a while now.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I want to object to that because really enjoyed Go-Onger, I'd call it one of my favourite Sentai, but I can't actually defend it at all as far as quality's concerned.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I can see what they might have been getting at with the suit designs - if the Tokkyugers are going to be swapping colours all the time, you don't want the audience linking each suit too closely to a particular character. By making them simple, they stand out less and thus become more easily interchangeable in the viewer's mind. Not that this makes them good designs, but there could be a method to the madness and if the show's decent then I'm sure they'll grow on me.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Talented Twisty posted:

Am I allowed to talk about the laatest Gaim episode yet?!

Yes, over in the Gaim thread.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

If they have a different suit for Kyoryu Navy (or whatever) in 100 Years After, it might be that.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure that it's nothing to do with the low ratings of Go-Busters with Japanese kids. Dinosaur toys being a much easier sell is probably a big part of it, sure, but there's also the problems in the footage. Given that they apparently can't get footage without the effects, Go-Busters' countdown clocks are a harder to work around than the Gosei Cards or Gokaiger's change effects, and a huge amount of the fight footage shows Enter and/or Escape's faces clearly - it'd be harder for them to use. I love Go-Busters and was curious what Saban would do with it (if only to see what acronym they came up with for all the GBs on everything) but it's not like the existence of a Power Rangers series using the footage has any impact on the original.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The first Battride War was quite fun, playing as the different Riders really felt like them. I never got around to beating it, but I enjoyed it enough to go in for the limited edition this time. While I couldn't read any of it, I'm pretty sure that the story isn't anything substantial enough for it to matter at all. The Battride War games aren't by Koei, though, so you can't judge how good this will be by comparing it to the Dynasty Warriors licensed spinoffs.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The Showa Riders being DLC was just rumour or speculation, they're not included at all. The only DLC is Wizard Infinity and Beast Hyper, both free and separate characters from their normal versions since when the game was being developed they hadn't been revealed. The original includes all the Heisei main Riders plus Accel, Birth, Meteor and Beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

One minor complaint that I have is that, as of right now, it basically looks like the cast of Gokaiger except Gai is 1/Red instead of Marvelous and Blue and Green are switched with Blue getting the added quality of Smart Guy and Pink getting her own special character gimmick.

So... It's a sentai team with a bunch of archetypes in it?

• Locked thread