Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I've been watching Kamen Rider W on this thread's recommendation and really enjoying it so far (just finished episode 14). I've really liked the pacing and how they always manage to put some sort of plot progression or setup in all the episodes. In contrast, Kamen Rider Black is a lot more aimless after the first few episodes. Some episodes were funny or interesting but I got burnt out after a while. I'll definitely come back to it though, I like Tetsuo Kurata's performance not to (his character is 80% "drat you, golgom" but he makes it so gosh-darn endearing :allears:) but it will probably be using burk's guide to skip the filler.

By the by, what do you guys like about Drive? Between watching W, Ghost coming up and college being soon I don't think I'll have time for it now but I want to see if it might be my speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Liar is the most ridiculous dopant, he literally collects the tears of his victims :allears: W is the best, at this point what I'm most anticipating is the inevitable moment when Shotao and Phillip get to ride Terui in motorcycle mode. It's all I can think about when I saw he could do that.

EDIT: And of course as I post that, it literally happens later in the episode I'm watching. Episode 24 is amazing.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 2, 2015

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Just finished W and enjoyed the entire ride. Literally my only real complaint is the arc with movie kid, I could not care at all about his whole absurdly meek shtick and found myself skipping those bits to get to the main plot stuff.

That being said, I'm still scratching my head about Wakana going full antagonist in the final part of the show. She seemed to be actively avoiding the family business, so what is supposed to be the implication that makes her turn on Phillip? She never struck me as someone who would be into the whole Gaia cleric thing.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 9, 2015

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Just chiming in to say Ankh is the best part of OOO. The worst is Eiji's fashion sense.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Oh god, I just got to Ankh's birthday party. :allears: My kingdom for gifs of that whole sequence.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

a romance for the ages

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Watching fourze right now, I got to say the main antagonists seem kind of weak personality-wise, though I do like the touch of the consistency in the targets that the horoscopes pick. Scorpio picks people feeling resentful and Libra tends to go for people with ambition, that sort of thing. I'm not hating Ryusei's intro arc that much but it really invites comparisons to Terui's because of the similar plot beats (searching for a specific enemy, has a mysterious benefactor probably related to the grander plot, brooding personality and conflicts with the main rider, etc.) and in all these points Ryusei does not come out out looking favorable in comparison. Still I'm not done with fourze so I should really reserve judgement.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Pyroi posted:

For the record, Meteor is the weakest part of Fourze. Of course, it's still a pretty good series overall, so don't let that get you down in watching it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop watching fourze, I love gentaro and the kr club. And if I'm being honest, I am mostly disappointed in Ryusei for not being as cool as his rider outfit.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

The greatest tragedy of double is that there wasn't more people riding accel.

EDIT: I haven't seen drive but I'm sad they will probably never get to ride accel.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 25, 2015

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

Change that.

I still got to get through fourze but drive is definitely next on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Finished fourze, finale was amazing. Started drive, now up to episode 22. Gou's introduction is such a breath of fresh air compared to ryusei's drawn out deal. Every time I thought gou couldn't be more of a smug ostentatious prick, he amped it up and just went more ridiculous. :allears: I honestly think it's the best secondary rider introduction I've seen out of the four kamen rider shows I've watched.

• Locked thread