Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

mikeycp posted:

I couldn't stand more than like 5 minutes of TV-N Gokaiger. Their subs are borderline unwatchable for me.

Maybe it's just me, but are their encodes poo poo or what? I felt like starting on Shinkenger again tonight, and the 'HD' versions on KRDL are loving hideous. Everything I've watched from O-T has looked way, way better.

Speaking of which, are the O-T versions of Shinkenger 1-4 better-looking? And are they actually going to do the whole series at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

miltennious posted:

The difference is startling, frankly, partly because of a DVD raw source and also because of better encoding standards. TV-N's encodes are scraping the bottom of the barrel. As far as I know, they're intending on finishing it: I would assume there would be an announcement otherwise. With that group, I don't think they'd pick it up if they weren't going to finish it.

I just snagged episode 1 from O-T and you're absolutely right, the quality is significantly better. Lower res but the TV-N versions look blurry as poo poo, making the HD factor completely moot anyway.

If O-T are going to do the whole series I may as well just wait and catch up on Fourze and Wizard until they finish Shinkenger. I'd hate to get into Shinkenger only to have to eventually swap to TV-N's nonsense.

• Locked thread