Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

I haven't played anything high level in 5e, but is there really a danger of running out of spell slots at those levels?

E:I am a big dumb baby and didn't notice I was reading the grog thread instead of the next thread

---------

quote:

Never! I hate minis--so immersion breaking. Needing minis was one of the two major reasons I hated running 4e. No, if I never see a mini again, it'll be too soon.

quote:

This. When I play miniature games I play miniature games. Roleplaying games I resent mini's as something that makes me look down at the green tinted grid sheet on the table instead of living in the Elven Forest of my imagination.

quote:

My groups' D&D remains the kind where swinging off the chandelier and kicking the Goblin King in the face matters far more than grid placement. And yeah, some of the advice in that thread is completely alien to what I'm interested in doing in a game.*

*Note: I'm not saying 4e is a board game or any other edition war stuff like that. I haven't played it. I have ready plenty of awesome descriptions of how it can play in this forum and don't doubt that it is great RPG for a lot of players. I also don't doubt that it fully supports a variety of play styles. But wow, some of the advice in that thread looks nothing like any game I've ever participated in or would want to participate in.

Grimpond fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

quote:

You don't run home, you spike the doors and set a rotating watch. Its like you've never played an RPG, Jesus Christ.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

quote:

You know how every summer blockbuster now ends in the same set piece of a city being destroyed in a giant battle between the hero and some invading force? That's all theoretically exciting but after Man of Steel, Star Trek Into Dark, Avengers, Tranformers 1-4, and countless others its a little boring and predictable.

4e to me was the same way. Really exciting the first few times but super predictable and tired by the time you've had a dozen boss combats.

4e in a nutshell folks, absolutely the same climax for everything with no variation, because the 4e is like movies watched back-to-back one after the other

• Locked thread