Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong
I believe I read somewhere (Mein Kampf excerpt?) that Hitler really liked how the US had handled the Native Americans in terms of things like forced migrations and such. Was this actually the case, and was any inspiration taken from the Native American or any other historical genocides?

Did the Nazis really hate religion? And was the occult stuff serious business or just one of those things that the History Channel likes to overstate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

as a historian (maybe a junior historian) i don't really judge the nazis to be 'evil,' or, by extension the allies to be 'good.' such pronouncements aren't really historically useful. that being said, hitler and the nazis were unique, and the holocaust is distinct from other genocides that came before and have come sense.

Can someone expand more on the bolded? I've heard the Holocaust is unique in terms of the industrialization of the process and also possibly in terms of scale, but are there other unique features as well?

• Locked thread