Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, I know Puzzle Strike was handled entirely through fulfillment, and the fact design was complete before the kickstarter even started meant it had the quickest turnaround time of any Kickstarter I've seen. Whatever you think of Sirlin, his handling of his Kickstarter was pro as hell. I suppose it breaks down to the old time vs. money equation. Still, having helped package Kickstarter envelopes in a dining room, I have to say it sounds like a real swell deal to avoid becoming an assembly line worker on your own product. :ssh:

I can remember a few Kickstarters which posted photos of books and things ready to be shipped, and there'd typically be multiple piles of boxes sometimes reaching ceiling-height. Much better having a fulfillment company handle all the logistics, especially if you live in an apartment where space would be at a premium already. Plus they'd probably be better at keeping track of "who gets what" for many-tiered KSes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Zereth posted:

I have two copies of Last Stand for exactly this reason.

And I have zero copies :v: (It's okay Mikan, you are a cool dude)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Kerzoro posted:

The rust monster thing did have a happy ending in that people did end up getting their plush rust monsters (and they are adorable).

They are the cutest guardians of my bookshelf :kimchi:

Kickstarter-related question: what caused the price of international shipping from the US to skyrocket recently? Is this only affecting USPS, or are courier companies hiking up their rates too?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

As long as digital versions are offered for TTRPG projects then at least I can get my hands on the stuff somehow.

Good thing I'm not into painting miniatures!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Rusty is guarding one of my computers from those evil metal swords. You can actually buy them through the website now.

That gives me an idea for a practical joke to play on a friend.

"I'm sending you a set of cutlery/new PC part/[insert metallic item], thought it might come in handy."

Within the box is packing peanuts, Rusty, and a note written in crayon that says "I ATED IT"

If said friend rejects Rusty, they have no soul :colbert:

• Locked thread