Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

And the Victim (who is a player) gets to day whatever they want, but don't get to add anything officially, unless the Sword and the Thief agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jedit posted:

And you're supposed to reflect on what you did afterwards, but as the player isn't acting under their own agency any kind of guilt you might have about graphically raping a woman to win a boardgame is automatically transferred away. No matter what you do or how you feel about it, the entire thing boils down to "it wasn't really my fault and she wouldn't have been raped if she hadn't been there".

I didn't give the game a complete read through because gently caress that. The set up is to much and the where it's all going is just down the shitter anyways. Though I got more of a "it wasn't really my fault and she wouldn't have been raped if I hadn't been there" vibe.

But trying to read into it pointless because

quote:

We don't design games to make a moral point or push an agenda. We don't design games to offend you or your sociology professor or your congressman. We do it because we believe there is fun to be had in exploring tragedy and depravity with your friends in the safety of your kitchen, den or mother's basement.
They flat out say it's fun to role play traumatic sword rape. :psyduck:

I love my copies of both Violence and Powerkill, because I highly doubt Designer X or the other guy wrote them because it's fun to roleplay horrific things. Even when I found them a decade (Or more?) ago, still young and immature I never sat down and serious said "Let's play Violence. Seems like a fun time." They are eye opening products designed to be a look at how much of a sociopath the average RPG character is (Or perhaps player in the case of Powerkill).

Edit: While I doubt I will ever see Up Front in my hands, I will keep my money in there until the bitter end because I desperate want that product :negative:

The General fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 6, 2013

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I know who Designer X is, but I wasn't sure who did Powerkill off the top of my head. I really need to get my hands on a copy of Pantheon to complete the New Style collection. Why do I not own Pantheon? :(

• Locked thread