Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Crackbone posted:

Here's the thing: KS could still perform its function without providing rewards to pledgers. Sure, it would reduce revenues and project successes, but then you eliminate the whole store issue. There's a difference between believing in a project and wanting a tangible benefit in return.

KS "preorders" absolutely allow projects that wouldn't exist under a strict pledge model; I'd wager almost every board game/physical project would not succeed under a pledge only format. But ultimately the KS "preorder" setup is ridiculously favorable to project creators and unfavorable to backers. Personally I don't think their current setup should exist because it fosters a reasonable expectation from backers that their "purchase" is guaranteed.

I would have backed 0 Kickstarters if that is how it would work. I am fully aware that the project I backed could blow up in my face and my money is gone, but at the very least if it is a success then I get the product or some small token as thanks. I would never back something if it was a case of "give us money to do this, and then give us money again to actually get it from us". I just simply could not afford to do that.

I get your point though, there is a problem with Kickstarter, but there needs to be a better idea than essentially "nuke kickstarter" because that method would pretty much kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Bedlamdan posted:

I had an asian TA in college literally named Bamboo Dong.

I can believe that because there is someone named Bamboo Dong who writes for Anime News Network. Either it is the same person or somehow there is 2 people in the world named Bamboo Dong.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
"I was told that since the report was taken over the phone, and because they would not be investigating the crime"

Bull. loving. poo poo.

From the sounds of it quite a lot of stuff was stolen. At the very least they would send someone out to get a full on proper report and maybe while they wouldn't go out and send out cops and dust for prints and poo poo, they would probably put pawn shops on notice about a bunch of the stuff stolen so they can be on alert.

That story sounds 100% like someone figured out a way to scam people. Nobody should trust that.

• Locked thread