Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

LF caused the Secret Service to have to interview Lowtax like twice right?

and then he also got interviewed about Slenderman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Rand Brittain posted:

Although general grapevining seems to indicate that Beast didn't sell any worse than, say, Mummy, so who knows.

Even divorced of all other concepts I figure "like Vampire except you're an otherkin who feeds on fear and likes teaming up" is an easier thing to put together a group and have a hook for than "metaplot mummies through the ages, also maybe consider troupe play".

For a while, when I didn't actively follow WoD stuff, I didn't even know Mummy existed.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Well it's more that every version is a big disruption but 1E 2E 3E definitely have more in common with each other than they do with 4E.

4e as-written is waaaay closer to 3.5 than 3e is to 2e. BAB changed to proficiency bonus, 10 extra levels, saves are now static, the rest plays pretty much the same.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Mors Rattus posted:

Nah, most of them acknowledge that the other groups exist, allow at least some room for them, even if they don't assume they work the way the other games do.

Mummy straight up stops working properly as a setting if you assume there's other supernaturals around, sometimes.

Can you explain this? Because I didn't really get that general vibe from the game overall, other that Mummies not really touching most of the other gamelines much at all since their concerns are pretty narrow.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Bongo Bill posted:

Tell me more, this sounds amazing.

The way Mummy works, mummies get woken up either once per 1400 years, when their tomb or stuff is disturbed, or when their cult really needs them and summons them up.

Unlike most other supernaturals who start almost DnD-style at level 1 and get stronger over time, when a mummy wakes up they're at MAX LEVEL and they slowly degrade over time until they go to sleep again.

So basically messing with a mummy would generally be considered a bad idea when you could leave them alone.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Calling someone a liar, if you have proof of them lying, shouldn't be an offense. It's something that is commendable.

Even if someone ended up being merely mistaken or ignorant rather than active lying, they should appreciate being corrected and educated.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

There's a couple people who managed to go simultaneously indie and full-time, I think, but the rate is probably just as tiny as that of the video game industry.

I think Kevin Crawford (Sine Nomine publishing) went full-time just off sales and Kickstarter, but it helps firstly that he tapped into several partially overlapping markets in the industry with his products (OSR, people who like the idea of Traveller but want something lighter, people who like the idea of Exalted but want something lighter, as well as sidelines into Cthulhu too) and also has the magic talents of "knows how to do his own layout including art-blocking" and "has a professional work ethic".

• Locked thread