Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
going back to the last page, IIRC the only thing that straight up got blown up (or, well, crushed) in 4e Faerun was Maztica.

And I'm going to take the view that maybe the setting is better off without Cortez' Conquest Of The Aztecs But With WIzards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Brad Wardell, Stardock's CEO, is a libertarian that was sued for sexual harassment

I've interacted with him a few times not that long ago.

He told me that they settled and she dropped the suit, which officially certified him as not a sexual harasser.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Its the new Eoris Essence isn't it?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

He was in one of the Baldurs Gate games.

You can kill him and take his stuff iirc.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Being a native who's lived on in the Rez their whole life Shadowrun's in this weird place where I can recognize that all of the NAN content is kinda racist but also the NAN stuff is like 80% of the appeal of Shadowrun to me.

Aggressively decolonizing the Americas with magic is rad as hell.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 31, 2017

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

DCC is one of those things I kinda regret writing off but also that oath is the most embarrassing goddamn thing.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

MalcolmSheppard posted:

Strenuous horse or cycle riding listed as a cause of male infertility on the ol' Wikipedia and elsewhere.

Yeah I absolutely remember a Dateline or 20/20 episode about cycling causing impotence back when I was a kid.

Something about it putting too much pressure on a blood vessel or something.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

When I had a friend in the industry a while back describe one of the exalted due as someone who acts like they're super feminist but are really lovely I was assuming they were referring to Morke rather than Holden.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

That would actually be a marked improvement though.

turns out the player characters killed his dog.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Raven MGTOW McCracken

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Still remember the 2e -> 3e character conversion guide where you were basically starting over from your ability scores.

And spell list, conveniently enough.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

What is it with WoD/CoD where you always have people describing really awesome fun scenarios as if they're a bad thing?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

LatwPIAT posted:

Often, the "awesome fun scenarios" are a complete mismatch of tone with the games. Which, if you're someone who values that tone, means the "awesome fun scenarios" are neither.

There's "valuing a tone" and then there's the constant hissing at the idea that someone dare play vampire superheroes instead of grimdark rape metaphors.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

I feel like we're talking past eachother but still in the same general vicinity.

But still, fair enough.

Mostly just, after having played in Mage for ages, I still have this conception of the *of Darkness games as the oppressively cynical no-fun-allowed zone where you basically required to be either miserable or a psycopath.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

The rpg net mods sent in the tanks to crush the exalted uprising but don't forget they lynch pathfinder fans here.

• Locked thread