Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

By "awful things" that includes stuff like an entry about a mysterious girl that needs to regularly be violently raped for the good of the world. Not all of the entries were stuff like that, but that sort of thing sticks out at you for some weird reason.

Hahaha I remember the talk page of that. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, it's not that the concept itself is so outlandish as it is the dude attempting it.

To be fair, many people considered "child-friendly" had child-unfriendly past acts. Pee Wee Herman wanked on a cinema. Mr. Rogers sniped seventy Victor Charlies in 'Nam. Doctor Seuss did racist caricatures of the Japanese. The guy who wrote the Wizard of Oz advocated the genocide of Native Americans. Hans Christian Anderson was one of the suspects of being Jack the Ripper during his stay in London, and is suspect of murdering twenty people in Denmark. The Grimm Brothers were part of a satanic cult and conducted many massacres in the Black Forest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well yeah (Pee Wee and the Wizard of Oz parts are true, though. L. Frank Baum was kinda racist!).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Being accepting of people and not kicking them out of real or perceived slights or wrongthink is a circlejerk? I thought that the objective of a forum is to foster debate and to discuss about things. I'm not defending Skarka or Pundit or whatever, but I don't think someone should be kicked out of a community unless he's like, a child rapist or a murderer or doxxed someone (Then again I brought that up on these very own forums before...).

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 6, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If you are paying ten bucks to post on those forums, make it a full experience...! Post wherever you like, whenever you want. The world is your playground.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

moths posted:

Start up TG Tattler on Twitter. Spill everything anonymously.

E: Stickyleaks

That sounds cool and good and not what a bitchmade fucker would do at all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People who ship Steven Universe characters on their blogs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

From what I know about the situation there have been some attempts by Fantasy players to organize "official unofficial" tournaments but now that GW has decided to put a stake in Fantasy in favor of Age of Sigmar a number of them are apparently considering moving to other fantasy wargames because there's a difference between not supporting a game and actively spiting a game and I think that GW, whatever their intentions here, managed to dance across that particular line.

I don't know what the deal as far as 40K is, but I do know that if you want to foster a fan community for your game it's a bad idea to keep putting out editions that break backwards compatibility in a game that costs thousands of dollars and dozens to hundreds of man-hours worth of labor just to play, not to mention leaving some players' armies lingering without any support or updates for ten+ years. This has always been one of the more insane things Games Workshop does in my opinion...when Privateer puts out a new Warmahordes book it includes updates for multiple factions at once so everybody, regardless of which army they decided to pick, is always more or less on the same level as everyone else.

Company want money.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Obsidian's Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LatwPIAT posted:

Well, first, pretty much every woman in this game smokes. Circe the immortal goddess smokes cigarettes out of a cigarette holder. Minerva the self-insert smokes cigarettes out of a cigarette holder. Whenever Soto draws Princess Lucinda -the-12-year-old from Witch Girl Adventures, she's smoking cigarettes out of a cigarette holder. When I checked out Soto's profile on the Witch Girl wiki, there's like three photos of Soto herself smoking cigarettes out of a cigarette holder. When you start putting you love of cigarettes in the mouth of 12-year-olds, it gets rather noticeable.

Then we get into all the spells based on smoking, like the spell that lets you turn people into cigarettes so you can smoke them. There's also an elaborately described ritual for creating cigars (that taste like "rum and cocoa and rum") that let you kill someone by smoking it, summon them through the smoke, or make them shrink to half their current size with every puff because this game has elaborate mechanics for smoking. Why would you want to shrink someone down all that much? Well, going by art found on the author's DA account, because she gets off on the idea of shrinking men down to tiny sizes, putting them in her ashtray, and torturing them by raining the hot ashes from the cigarette on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbR5jrsu2mU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If you sent something to those guys, well! Your stupid!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is there a japanese TRPG that lets me play as Torneko in his chapter in DQIV or Recette?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meh, as much as I like Ewen's original stuff it's not a "real" japanese TRPG.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*while suppressing giggles and laughter* Tabletop Gaming has a White Male Terrorism Problem

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Hey folks. I am catching up but in the meantime it'd be great if you could make less posts that are just "this other poster sucks poo poo". Cheers!

Gas this thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Who the gently caress is going to be persuaded by this? Like sure, trump sucks, but is anyone going to vote because a pathfinder writer told them to?

Knowing who the people behind Pathfinder support is a good way to know who you are voting for. *said whilst buying and donning a MAGA hat*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

They're doing Too Much, Not Enough, or The Wrong Thing! (Pick one.)

They are doing lovely games :dukedoge:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I call bullshit on brazilians actually playing 5E in English. There are english books on sale on a few shops but on every con and in the local groups I know people either keep to 3.5 or 4 or Tormenta/Pathfinder.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The guys who screwed over the others to distribute 5E don't even have a history with translating and localizing TRPGs, only distributing smaller and less known board games fyi.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the project's been frozen by Gale Force 9 after the scandal blew up so 5E is never getting the PTBR localization

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vin Diesel is the worst part of the Fast movies lately. I hoot and holler when The Rock flexes his arm cast into exploding or when he slams Jason Statham in a table or when Paul Walker (RIP) did an insanely sick car stunt but seeing Vin blabber about family is terrible!!!

So basically just make A D&D movie starring The Rock instead or at least a Scorpion King soft reboot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thanks to freaking China no D&D movie will ever feature a Lich or skeleton monsters. Great!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah Mearls came in late, he was responsible for the train wreck that is the Essentials classes.

I like Slayer and Thief.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's just aggravated damage fro WoD.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm just asking questions but is it a real coincidence that Gnomes make up 90% of the Banker prestige class and Orcs are 50% more likely to take Rogue and Barbarian? I don't have anything against them but that's just something to consider.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

No, because I can play Dungeons and Dragons: 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast, gamer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ewen Cluney posted:

Oh yeah, Japanese adaptations of Western RPGs (and other tabletop games like Battletech) tend to have pretty impressive new art. (Whereas D&D 3e and 4e were pretty much perfect Japanese-language replicas of the English-language books.)

Hilariously the guy who runs the felis.jp blog (@feltk on Twitter) has considerably more Western tastes than I do, though he's a huge fan of PbtA games apparently.

The shadowrun japanese art is so pretty and cool... Marry me chinese orc girl!!! http://imgur.com/a/FCsII

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hey man that dude could just be lying to lure you into his basement so he could kill or torture you or do worse. Like play D&D 5E.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i looked at the rules for ars magica once, it looked like a really mean-spirited parody of someone arguing the position i am now lol

that it's sincere makes it even more amazing

It's a wonderful game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nope, they have Mongolian Shamanism for when the juggernaut that is the Mongol Empire comes a-knocking but no Chinese magic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agronox posted:

This hobby has the biggest cheapskates known to man.

50 dollars for a PDF is not acceptable my man.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

50 dollars for a PDF could work... but it'd have to be a much better game than the new Paranoia.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I paid something like 120 dollars for the entire Delta Green reboot plus The Fall of Delta Green in nothing but PDFs

That's money I'd only pay on an incredibly fancy board game full of hand-crafted flair miniatures and stuff, not for something with the same page count and illustrations as a kindle ebook for one third of the price.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

homullus posted:

"D&D brain damage" is shorthand for "traditionally, a player doesn't get much use out of setting books" et cetera. D&D was about new classes, new spells, new skills/proficiencies, new monster statblocks, new magic items, new feats; its immediate siblings did the same. Their successors all did the same. So now we have much (most?) of the RPG market and people in this very thread saying that is the natural order of things, that of course new crunch is THE WAY players interact with the world, whatever else could there be for players to interact with, and furthermore why would you think that it is even possible that a book could succeed without that?

As Leperflesh explained in greater detail, it needn't be that way. 4e's Eberron Campaign Guide is a great book and it would be great if it were just the setting stuff and the adventure at the back. And I do indeed understand that crunch sells books; for the crunchy systems I have played, that was a big part of what I wanted more of. They sell because our RPG heritage is mostly crunchy games, though, not because "crunch is how a world comes alive."

Maybe you should reword that because of the inherent ableism in the term? Please?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I liked the 4e Hybrids

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I always felt like the original bard was trying to emulate the myth of Väinämöinen. Almost certainly not true, but it always made me think of it.

Druidic training is a reference to the OG bards of pre-saxon Britain who trained under druids as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*Glowing brain level

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well Stands can be really unfair regarding powers too like a dude who can only repair stuff and punch hard against a dude who can blow up anything he touches, can throw air bubble bombs, has a heat seeking indestructible bomb and a bomb that can reverse time but the former can win in a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Once the solar flare hits and all technology gets wrecked the army of epic fat LARPer sirs will establish New Camelot on the entire Midwest

• Locked thread