Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
What the hell do you want him to do? He explained why he's using BackerKit in detail, offered a lot of supporting evidence, and told you what your options were - sign up or get a refund. You seem to believe that you can create some kind of third option by complaining and posting a lot, and it's pretty clear that isn't, wasn't, and won't be in the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
You're totally allowed to. People are also allowed to decide that they don't agree with what you're saying and think you're kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

jivjov posted:

Please educate yourself on the differences between "a mewling child throwing a shitfit" and "a customer attempting to calmly discuss a concern with a company's actions".
That's easy! The former is you, the latter is nothing even remotely related to your pedantic dickery in which you whine about the Kickstarter TOS, apparently expect Kickstarter to bend over backwards to get you some kind of third option when they're most likely just going to try to get you a refund (like you've already been offered), and say 'I could just make a throwaway account' but then don't in favor of digging into the sand.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

jivjov posted:

I'm not asking for a "third option". I'm asking for the option that's supposed to be there from the start. I pledge through Kickstarter, I provide my information through Kickstarter. Like the other 40+ projects I've backed.
The options you were offered are 'refund' and 'BackerKit'.

You are literally asking for a third option.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
Nobody wants to have a civil discussion with a man who is not interested in having a discussion. All you want is people to agree with you, you are not willing to change your mind - if you were, you might have done so long ago, when you realized everyone thinks you're being overly paranoid and obsessed with minutiae. You even acknowledged you could make a throwaway account! You said you could do this thing. But no, you insist on not doing it, and that this alienates you, because... ???

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
Jivjov, did you actually read Jonathan's own post on Google+? It pretty clearly delineates his support for the project that he's working on.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

What did the Galactic Civ people do?
Brad Wardell, Stardock CEO, is a sociopathic libertarian (but I repeat myself) who essentially believes his employees are his property.

And that's without getting into the bees. Or the *gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

No no, please get into the bees. The bees were amazing, next-level sociopathy and also just completely baffling.
I think I'll just let him (and his four bees) speak for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPc9Z2Dn94U

• Locked thread