Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

I'm sure that if Kickstarter determines that Evil Hat needs to handle backer information being collected via the official survey system, they can reset something on the back-end. I know project creators can't resend or redo surveys, but surely Kickstarter themselves can do so.

Evil Hat didn't bother to disclose that this third party utility would be required at the outset of the Kickstarter campaign. At such time I could have researched Backerkit and made a decision at a more appropriate time. As it is, they waited until long after my money had been taken before informing me that I would have to make utilize said third party utility.

I will again request that you stop with the name calling. I've not insulted any of you, you have no reason to do so to me.

Why would they have a Terms of Service if not to enforce it? They've investigated, frozen, and cancelled projects before.

I am pretty sure you are the only person in the entire world who gives a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Much of the conversation with Mr. Hicks (and the message sent to Kickstarter staff) was done well before he decided to "wash his hands of me".

I'm not asking for a "third option". I'm asking for the option that's supposed to be there from the start. I pledge through Kickstarter, I provide my information through Kickstarter. Like the other 40+ projects I've backed.

I want to shove you into a locker and give you a swirlie

you arent a customer any more so you get your money back and its over quit throwing a giant sperg fit

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I've... seen posts you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] goatse on fire off the shoulder of FYAD. I watched flamewars glitter in the dark near the GBS Gate. And none of them were as lovely as your stupid loving crusade

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

What I'm saying is there is not a single person in the entire world who agrees with you on this, and you are wrong and dumb and need to sit in the Shame Corner until people forget how wrong and dumb you are

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Y'know what, I'm just dropping this here. It's obvious that nobody here actually wants to have a civil discussion on the topic. Its all insane ad hominem all the way down. I really wanted to try to hash something out here, maybe talk about the importance of being open and up front with your backers, or perhaps organizing a campaign to convince Kickstarter to improve their survey utilities so project creators wouldn't have to risk alienating those who don't want to use third party sites.

Instead I get called "mewling child", "whiny and entitled", "stupid", and "dumb rear end in a top hat" among other things. Have a good night goons. If anyone cares, I'll let you know what Kickstarter decides on the issue when they get back to me.

all those things we called you are true though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

I don't really care to continue a discussion here, as its not worth a probation or ban if I say something the moderators interpret badly. If you would like to continue a discussion on the topic (Preferably without dragging personal insults into the mix) could we please do it via PM?

Does anyone know if the sword rape kickstarter uses backerkit?

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 6, 2013

• Locked thread