Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

Ah yes, we definitely need more companies that rip their entire system off of someone else with no creativity or ability to balance at all.

I mean, there is a point to be made there, but it's not "ripping off" when it's both legal and ethical. Even if you don't like Pathfinder, there wasn't anything underhanded or questionable going on in its creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Angrymog posted:

Your maths is wrong. 1000 words at $0.05 per word is $50

They’re talking about $0.005/word, not $0.05/word.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

I don't think AD&D (and earlier) had the same brain-searing tribalism because there wasn't much competition in the early days of fantasy gaming.

I'm not sure about that. If you look at some of the editions of "Forum" from Dragon during those days, you see a lot of submissions that wouldn't sound out of place in edition wars today.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm cool with people being fired for being alt right shits but not for losing their YouTube monetization, this is a consistent stance

Do you trust any corporation to use that ability only on people with horrible political views, and not on people that are just saying bad things about their products

Can't speak for others but my own position here isn't "people shouldn't be demonetized for what they say", but rather "corporations shouldn't be able to exert power against people that don't work for them"

Idran fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 27, 2017

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Foolster41 posted:

Starting a new tumblr account is actually a bit of a pain since you need to have an individual e-mail for each one.

Try using email modifiers. If your email is "foolster41@gmail.com", for example, then "foolster41+test@gmail.com" gets accepted as a different email address by basically all websites, but it's part of the email protocol that anything after the plus sign gets ignored for where to direct an email to so it still gets sent to the original address. Not a bug or anything either; an explicit feature in email back when it was first implemented, just one most people don't know about.

It's meant for things like keeping track of who picked up your email from where, to have a unique email address for different places without needing to mess with email forwarding, but I've used it for stuff like what you're doing myself too and it works fine.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mors Rattus posted:

That...is a very interesting and useful bit of trivia.

Yep, it's often handy. I got the name of it wrong, though; it's called subaddressing.

Saw this too when I was grabbing that, and this I didn't know about myself; I'm not sure how universally this would be implemented by mail services, since I've never seen anyone use it before, but it might be another way to do the same thing.

quote:

comments are allowed with parentheses at either end of the local-part; e.g. john.smith(comment)@example.com and (comment)john.smith@example.com are both equivalent to john.smith@example.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Drama students and video game players, same as always.

Increasingly live play fans too, I'd bet.

• Locked thread