Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Given what I heard of her in the Index dub, I kinda worry about how Kuroko is going to sound in Railgun with her trips into crazy lesbian land.

Trips? She is a long-time inhabitant of crazy lesbian land and seldom leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This arc is pretty much the peak of the entire franchise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Because it is also going to happen in this show?

Um, yes? That's exactly it. It is an unmarked major spoiler for this show. Quite a few people in this thread don't know how this arc plays out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

She is much better as Squid Girl.

Well, Squid Girl isn't a wretched, petulant brat who throws head-biting tantrums at every opportunity. That probably helps somewhat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fightest posted:

So what's the justification on Accelerator deflecting lightning bolts? Projectiles I can understand, but a lightning strike is a speed-of-light discharge. Considering that technobabble is apparently a thing in the source material, I'm wondering why he hasn't been fried yet.

You answered your own question. Accelerator can deflect lightning bolts because of technobabble.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

He'd be absolutely fine. It's a temperature gradient but the actual flow of heat has a vector. Thermodynamics has nothing on Accelerator.

As for the nuke thing, if he were taken by surprise, Accelerator would probably suffocate before finding breathable air again but if he were ready, I don't see why he couldn't expand the protect zone beyond point blank to the point where he'd have a couple minutes of breathable air. He's such a broken character by definition that I sometimes get tempted to read Index to see why people seem to think he's an interesting character.

I'm sure we will go into it once the current arc is over. For now, anything in-depth would spoil the ending.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Kuroko is technically working for the city. Pretty much every major event in the franchise involves major illegal activities on both sides. Keeping her out of it is pretty sensible, actually.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think they are even acronyms. Just random english words in capital letters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
My main problems with Touma are that his harem just keeps increasing in size and his character never develops. The latter issue wouldn't be so serious if he had been even slightly interesting to begin with. It also doesn't help that not a single member of said harem has ever succeeded in being nice to him in any way. A few have tried, but every attempt ends poorly. Being surrounded at all times by people who react to everything you do with either criticism or physical violence sounds pretty unfortunate to me, but that is probably unintentional.

There are also the incredibly verbose self-righteous speeches, but those aren't unique to Touma.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The series has just gone on too long. Touma keeps adding new girls to his harem with every book, and then they only ever appear in passing. No one gets character development, but the girls in peril are effectively interchangeable plot devices. Well, except for Index, whose entire purpose is to make Touma's daily life miserable for some bizarre reason. What's more, despite it being the basic premise of the setting there are pretty much never psychic vs. magic fights.

However, I do find it rather hilarious that the entire LN series takes place over like 6 months and Touma has been hospitalized on the verge of death like 20 times now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, Saten's involvement is usually just getting into trouble somehow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relambrien posted:

I'd actually be kind of impressed to see him up the scale. I don't even know where you can go after (latest LN) literally the only extant things in the universe are the protagonist and antagonist.

That's not the latest one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The setting can be pretty interesting when it isn't mired in harem bullshit and dumb speeches. This manga even allows side characters to save the day sometimes instead of dumping everything on a certain bland protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

The same could be said of 99% of LNs.

Nah, most of the settings are pretty bad too.

• Locked thread