Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

Interesting, they introduce Misaki in the first episode. I wonder if they are going for the second sisters arc directly? I wasn't even sure if the original sisters arc was canon in the railgun anime.

See this post from the previous page:

Myurton posted:

I don't know where you got that idea but considering that most of the railgun anime takes place before the events of the Index anime obviously Misaka is not gonna like Toma immediately. If for instance you watch episode 19 where Misaka's school is having a culture festival it's pretty obvious that she is beginning to like him after her short interaction with him. This by the way takes place before he meets her again in episode 10 of the Index anime. The entire Railgun anime chronologically ends at the events of about episode 9 or so of the Index anime so of course she isn't gonna like him to the same extent by that point as he hasn't saved her. The OVA on the other hand takes place after he fights Accelerator since she's all blushy and flustered when she interacts with him at the beginning of it.

TL:DR Rewatch episode 19 and the OVA as it's obvious that she is beginning to like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Episode 3 was just great!
(This Kuroko face looks as if it was taken straight from YuruYuri.)

Although it did seem kind of out of character for Misaka to be so good at hacking stuff. I can understand rewiring electric and electronic stuff, but affecting software on that level seems odd to me. Oh well, it made for some good scenes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

bubblegumbo0 posted:

But can she cook?

I'd say she's an induction stove.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Poke posted:

What volume in the light novels is the current arc animated from?

The Railgun anime is based on the Railgun manga. The Index anime is based on the Index light novels.
The Railgun manga is written as a side story to the Index light novels.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That was brutal.

Anyway, this is either some foreshadowing or a reminder of what happened or something. I'm not entirely sure, but I remember seeing this in either one of the Index series or in the previous Railgun series: A scene at Misaka & Kuroros room, where you see a short glimpse of a report about the Level 6 or Sisters project stick out from below Misaka's bed. That has to have been in one of the Index series, right? Was there any particular meaning to that?

• Locked thread