Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Blhue posted:

Naw you're fine. Unless there's multiple arcs and a timeskip involved, this is supposed to be the "sisters" arc from Index season 1.

Which people in this thread seem to be spoiling the poo poo out of I might add. Not all of us have seen or want to see Index and it would be nice not to have this show spoiled by people who know what happens. I don't know which parts are relevant or not but if this show covers this 'sisters' arc not as a sequel but how the characters are experiencing it for the first time it would be nice not to have that spoiled for the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Relambrien posted:

That said, it is expected that the viewer knows the outcome of this arc going into it. For those who were spoiled, sucks for you, but now you know some of what the target audience knows. This is, effectively, a sequel of sorts to Index and so it's not really anyone's fault that you didn't watch what you're expected to have watched. It is exceedingly likely that, even if everyone follows this new spoiler rule to the letter, you will end up spoiled on something that you didn't already know, so read this thread at your own risk.

The first season of railgun required no knowledge of index to be appreciated. I don't know why you're acting so surprised people would expect the same thing from the second season.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

YOu are gonna be very disappointed. Until Accelerator gets the Jerk punched out of him by Kamijou

Please stop posting spoilers for poo poo that isn't this show without marking them. For like the fiftieth time.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
All this talk about Accelerator kinda begs the question of what he actually gains if this plan succeeds and moves him up a level. I mean he's already an invincible demigod that can automatically win any fight (providing no one has dumbass protagonist powers that actually are an 'I win' button) and theoretically survive nuclear explosions, so what else is there? At least with Misaka she could make bigger lightning bolts or something.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Dan7el posted:

What's the deal with all the Kamijou Touma hate?

Mainly the fact that when he shows up in the first season Misaka reverts from being a strong, competent lead character into the terrible harem member she presumably is in Index (don't know since I haven't seen it but that's the impression I got).

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Redcrimson posted:

When did feminism in fiction change from "Hey guys, could we maybe get some positive female role-models and a better variety of female characters?" to "Down with the evil Patriarchy! No mercy to the vile penis-bearers!"

Lumping all feminists together as a collective based on the most extreme position you can find on the internet by a self-described feminist is pretty much MRA territory. Not accusing you of anything but I think you are going a bit far there. There are lots of different feminists with lots of different opinions. Some of them even disagree with each other!

I'm honestly incredibly surprised at how self-aware that Nasu quote is. I wouldn't have expected that from the guy who made Fate/Stay Night.

Also I'm really having trouble remembering any egregious fanservice from Railgun S1 outside the gratuitous beach episode. Granted, that episode was very gratuitous. But they even made a point that Misaka was aware that she's an action girl and wears shorts under her skirt to avoid panty shots. Maybe I just blocked it out or am too numb from years of anime-watching to even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

veekie posted:

Seems to me that at least part of their problems stem from isolation. Most level 5s just don't really have any friends who'd tell them they're doing something wrong, or refuse to take their bullshit. Whereas Misaka is as stable as she is probably because Kuroko is a persistent crazy lesbian stalker. Someone who trusts her to the extent that she's not worried of being accidentally killed in a fit of annoyance. Misaka has loving parents, whereas looking at the living conditions of most of the Level 5s, they're likely not in any contact with family.

The way they presented it in the show seemed to imply that a huge part of Accelerator's problems stem from being in the level 6 experiment. He seems to be relatively normal in the flashbacks from the start of the whole thing. He left the first clone alive and only killed her accidentally. It felt like he had to kind of tie his brain in knots to justify to himself how he was killing thousands of innocent girls while still knowing deep down he was a monster and all of that kind of making him nuts. As well as the whole thing making him numb to violence and generally devaluing human life. Being isolated would certainly make all that worse, of course, but I don't know if it's the prime cause in his case.

• Locked thread