Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen
Well, I've finally done it. I've paid for all the instruments.

I've now got multiple plastic regular guitars, a microphone, pro drums, pro guitar, and pro keyboard.

Take all of that, all the DLC I've bought, all the merchandise I bought during the Rock Band 2 Hay Day, the games themselves, and the $100 stage kit I had to have, and, woah.

I have spent a lot of money on Rock Band, and I regret nothing :rock:

All I can say is Rock Band was fun and different. No other game series was quite like it. I fear that all future "different games" like Rock Band will make use of motion control garbage with the Kinect. We'll see what the future holds.

Thanks Harmonix for all the fun, but I'm not done. I'll keep on rocking until my Xbox 360 breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen
I have a theory (I'm about 99% sure this is factual) and I want to see if anyone else had this happen or not.

I bought Rock Band 3 when it came out and have played it a lot. One of my favorite "stages" your band can play at was "The Manor" (looked like a giant castle and was from Rock Band 2). I must have played hundreds of songs, and never went to The Manor in Rock Band 3.

Flash forward to about 2 months ago. I finally bit the bullet and paid the $10 to export Rock Band 2 songs to Rock Band 3. The download was over a gigabyte in size.

Shortly after I bought the Rock Band 2 pack for Rock Band 3, I played at "The Manor."

I find it nearly impossible that I was able to play Rock Band 3 for years and I just never happened to randomly select the manor and then RIGHT AFTER I bought the RB2 Export Pack, I suddenly go there.

So, it seems that when you pay for the Rock Band 2 export, it doesn't just give you songs but also lets you visit stage venues that you normally cannot visit.

I just wanted to share this information since I don't think it has ever been discussed before.

Also, keep up the excellent work those who are doing all these customs!

One last blurb, "Games" is now my favorite forum. You guys (and girls if any) are cool. Thank you.

Runaway Five fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 18, 2013

• Locked thread