Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

pentyne posted:

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Historys-Strongest-Disciple-Kenichi/c522/1

So.....that's the darkest thing in this manga by far.

As hardcore as the Satsujinken are, killing a pregnant woman probably falls under "never under any reason" .I cannot believe that was planned out 400 chapters ago when Ogata was in the woods carving Buddha sculptures when Kenichi first met him. If it was, its some long term planning. The whole point of this fight can't be anything other then Ogata pushing Tanaka to the necessary limits to kill him, so he dies at the hands of the person he most wronged.

That is both grim and dark. And from how it is portrayed Ogata wants to die from killing that fetus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

That is both grim and dark. And from how it is portrayed Ogata wants to die from killing that fetus.

I don't think that is it. Ogata didn't give up on raising disciples or researching martial arts. I'm pretty sure he hasn't given up killing people, either. The buddha carving thing was his way to atone for what he saw as a crime. He finished carving them, so he probably thinks he has atoned enough. Ogata simply isn't that selfless, and he remains perfectly fine with killing anyone who is willing to fight. He isn't trying to lose, but rather to escalate the fight to a legitimately challenging death match.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
New chapter is up.

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/49580289/1

One finger tornados of destruction is that kind of ridiculous that's teetering on the border of 'cool' and 'stupid'. Nice to see Kenichi continues to be slightly more socially aware then a lot of other shonen protagonists. Yelling at the dude with the dead wife and unborn child isn't going to accomplish much.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I guess the only way to die in this series is to NOT shed articles of clothing. As long as you're undressing you'll be fine folks!

I do hope to see if this theory plays out to the next 400 chapters.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
New chapter

drat, that was brutal. This is why the manga is so good despite the fanservice.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

:stare:

Been a while since I read the rest of the manga but I don't remember anything as brutal as this fight.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
:wow:

He hit him so hard I'm surprised his pants didn't explode off his body.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!

jsun posted:

:wow:

He hit him so hard I'm surprised his pants didn't explode off his body.

Don't be ridiculous. This is a guy we're talking about, not some bimbo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This arc has been very dark and brutal.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm having trouble making out something, was it two of Kensei's fingers that got ripped off like it seems, or two of Tanaka's? Either way, holy poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow I thought that first move was brutal but then it just kept going. :stare:

tsob posted:

I'm having trouble making out something, was it two of Kensei's fingers that got ripped off like it seems, or two of Tanaka's? Either way, holy poo poo.
I think that's Tanaka shoving his own fingers through his palm after Kensei blocked it in order to throw blood in his eyes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jesus christ, this chapter is crazy :stonk:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

gently caress it, we can have all the derails about fanservice we want if it keeps leading to chapters as :black101: as this.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I think one of the pages in this chapter, don't know which one yet, should join the Kenichi/Tirawit-Apachai/Agaard fight as the answer to "You're not a creep reading for the fanservice, so why do you read HSDK?"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Page 14 of the Mangastream release is really the only option. The other pages either don't have enough going on, it's too small or difficult to make out etc. Also, did Kensei just literally explode Tanaka's head? That's certainly what the final two pages look like. If it is, then let me just reiterate my HOLY poo poo!, because god drat that deserves two of them at the least. Tanaka's final line about Kenichi not following his path also possibly hints at Kenichi moving on to the journeyman rank soon, and more directly hints at us seeing an older and more experienced Ken at some point I think.

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 1, 2013

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Holy poo poo, there's the reason I keep reading this comic even when some of the chapters are disappointing. Tanaka shoving his fingers through his own hand to get blood in Kensei's eyes and Kenichi pushing himself and actually protecting Miu for once were both amazing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There is no way Tanaka is not dead. Other then Shou getting shot have we seen anyone brutally killed in a match like this before?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

pentyne posted:

There is no way Tanaka is not dead. Other then Shou getting shot have we seen anyone brutally killed in a match like this before?

Apachai was almost certainly a dead man if it wasn't for terrible plot voodoo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

pentyne posted:

Beside Apachai, the god fist took a crazy amount of damage when fighting Jenazad. That got explained away with the 'masters can move their organs around' thing. I don't think Tanaka has any way to move his brain to a different part of his body though.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Holy poo poo! Did that really happen after chapters after chapters of arguably fanservice derails. Hopefully, Miu and Kenichi grows after seeing the true dark side of killing fist

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Good Citizen posted:

Beside Apachai, the god fist took a crazy amount of damage when fighting Jenazad. That got explained away with the 'masters can move their organs around' thing. I don't think Tanaka has any way to move his brain to a different part of his body though.

Maybe he pulled a turtle and moved his whole head down into his body.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Good Citizen posted:

The question is can Kensei move his throat? Tanaka had it in his teeth so the blood spray could be from both of them. The lesson that the killing fist can work but will destroy you not only spiritually but physically in the long run.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

sunburnedcrow posted:

Holy poo poo! Did that really happen after chapters after chapters of arguably fanservice derails. Hopefully, Miu and Kenichi grows after seeing the true dark side of killing fist

I figure this will just get Berserker on their side.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I cannot stop laughing at that ending. That's probably not the intended reaction but oh my God

Also there's no way on God's green earth you can drive your elbow down on top of the head of a guy who is biting your throat. You can't do it, and you definitely can't do it like a loving jackhammer with enough force to drive his head into his chest cavitahahahaha

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Yeah when you look at each panel and page individually it looks pretty awesome but when strung together it's completely nonsensical and dumb.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Nilbop posted:

I cannot stop laughing at that ending. That's probably not the intended reaction but oh my God

Also there's no way on God's green earth you can drive your elbow down on top of the head of a guy who is biting your throat. You can't do it, and you definitely can't do it like a loving jackhammer with enough force to drive his head into his chest cavitahahahaha

Pff... It's totally possible, just dislocate your shoulder by flexing your muscles, then use martial arts will power to relocate your spleen to your shoulder to tie the separate pieces together. Bam, your arm can reach twelve inches further.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think he hit the back of his neck not the top of his head.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elfgames posted:

I think he hit the back of his neck not the top of his head.

That or his head exploded.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Nilbop posted:

He somehow got out of it. No idea how.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Harry posted:

He somehow got out of it. No idea how.
Coma. Although memory loss might a good way for him to start over. :v:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kensei had to have taken some damage, wasn't Tanaka stabbing him in the gut at the same time he was chewing on his goddamn throat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Kensei had to have taken some damage, wasn't Tanaka stabbing him in the gut at the same time he was chewing on his goddamn throat?

It'd be kinda hard for Tanaka to do that since his hands were all hosed up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

Compound fractures were an integral aspect of his ultimate move. Why stab a dude between 1 and 5 times at once when you can go bone flechette on his familiaciding rear end?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RatHat posted:

Yeah, on pgs 12/13 Tanaka wrecks the gently caress out of his hands doing... uh... something? It's really not clear if he was blocked or Kensei has steel plated pecs or what.

Besides, it looks more like he's cupping Kensei's balls than stabbing him in the gut on 13.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, on pgs 12/13 Tanaka wrecks the gently caress out of his hands doing... uh... something? It's really not clear if he was blocked or Kensei has steel plated pecs or what.

Besides, it looks more like he's cupping Kensei's balls than stabbing him in the gut on 13.

His move is called wooden neck cross so he probably double karate chopped Kensei's neck and broke his hands. So I doubt biting did any good either.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So, assuming that this ends with Tanaka losing does this mean that Kensei becomes Kenichi's new goal? To beat him and take revenge the "right" way for Tanaka, his wife and his child?

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

From what I am seeing, Tanaka pierced his own hand to temporarily blind Kensi. That is some determination to kill your opponent.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sunburnedcrow posted:

From what I am seeing, Tanaka pierced his own hand to temporarily blind Kensi. That is some determination to kill your opponent.

What I think he's referring to is when Tanaka does that big cross move. The next panel it looks like his hands exploded from the impact.

Anyway, this fight is brutal as hell :staredog:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New chapter is out on mangareader.net, I'm on my phone so too much of a pain to link but, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Man sometimes it's easy to forget this book can have teeth. Tanaka died without being able to even scratch Kensei even after putting his life on the line, even training exclusively to fight him, even with the motivation of the loss of his entire family. It just feels so drat bleak in the try your best and you will succeed setting HSDK is.

• Locked thread