Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even though the current arc isn't explicitly about Kenichi, it seemed to be about the pride of martial artists. Kenichi learned from his masters, the yomi disciples learned from him, and then some of the masters learned from their disciples. But now one of the primary conflicts isn't about that at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

Even though the current arc isn't explicitly about Kenichi, it seemed to be about the pride of martial artists. Kenichi learned from his masters, the yomi disciples learned from him, and then some of the masters learned from their disciples. But now one of the primary conflicts isn't about that at all?

I think this is pretty much the end. Kenichi defeats Yomi eye patch who is really the last Yomi, turns out Miu's dad is actually a good guy!, the Yami masters disband as evil organization and go their separate killing fist ways, etc etc.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I doubt it, simply because there's at least one disciple left that's been built up as a rival for Kenichi - even if only to a small degree. He was the guy who managed to have both sei and dou ki's and had weird eyes or something, being driven around in a car and giving orders to other disciples a while back.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Happy 4th of July, Here's an awesome chapter with Kenichi being awesome

http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/574

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!
I'm confused about the ryuusui seikuken "daini" and "daisan" (basically Mark 2 and Mark 3, respectively). Has this come up before? I'm not sure how they are different or what he is doing or how he learned/figured it out.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

furushotakeru posted:

I'm confused about the ryuusui seikuken "daini" and "daisan" (basically Mark 2 and Mark 3, respectively). Has this come up before? I'm not sure how they are different or what he is doing or how he learned/figured it out.

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Ryuusui_Seikuken

quote:

First Level: Read the opponent's flow.
Second Level: Combining the opponent's movements with your own.
Third Level: Overpower the opponent by anticipating his moves and use his flow against him before he even thinks of it.

And yes, it came up during the original training arc. Level 3 is the one where you're actually seeing the enemy with your Sharingan or w/e

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Houdini-chan no!!! You can't relax your ki!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ethiser posted:

Houdini-chan no!!! You can't relax your ki!

At least in the Kenichi universe he died from a hammer to the gut instead of some rear end in a top hat punching him in the gut. I wonder if that dude felt like poo poo for taking down Houdini, or if he bragged about it until the day he died.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Death Bot posted:

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Ryuusui_Seikuken

And yes, it came up during the original training arc. Level 3 is the one where you're actually seeing the enemy with your Sharingan or w/e

Oh right, I've just never seen it referred to that way in the scans. Makes sense., thanks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gyges posted:

At least in the Kenichi universe he died from a hammer to the gut instead of some rear end in a top hat punching him in the gut. I wonder if that dude felt like poo poo for taking down Houdini, or if he bragged about it until the day he died.

He better have always referred to his fist as the one thing Houdinin couldn't escape our he died for nothing.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I only read this once a bunch of chapters have piled up (recently caught up on it), but I'm under the impression the final villain is actually going to be Ogata and not this newly introduced dude.

The longest running thing, and Kenichi's traditional rivals have all been people that use the sei/dou combination technique. Miu even fought someone using it too. Hell, Ogata himself considered Kenichi to be someone gifted in using both sei and dou ki so I'd not be surprised if he creates the perfect form of it or some poo poo at the series end.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Mike Gallego posted:

I only read this once a bunch of chapters have piled up (recently caught up on it), but I'm under the impression the final villain is actually going to be Ogata and not this newly introduced dude.

The longest running thing, and Kenichi's traditional rivals have all been people that use the sei/dou combination technique. Miu even fought someone using it too. Hell, Ogata himself considered Kenichi to be someone gifted in using both sei and dou ki so I'd not be surprised if he creates the perfect form of it or some poo poo at the series end.

Interesting, I forgot about Ogata. You are probably correct as he was originally considered for the position of Ryozanpaku's disciple, has been stirring up trouble throughout the series (Ryuuto sei/dou, sending Boris to Ryozanpaku, etc), killed Tanaka (in the most metal fight of the series), and has a bunch of disciples left including Berserker.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Well two replies in a row but... HSDK 575.

The only thing I don't get is how Saiga was buddies with Senzui up until just recently. I'm sure the author has come up with his reason but they've been buddies and involved with Yami for ~16 years and just now Saiga has learned Senzui killed Shizuha?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Shizuha, of the expanding boobs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So the "1 shadow" was always two guys.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

trucutru posted:

Shizuha, of the expanding boobs.

Like mother, like daughter.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Serious Frolicking posted:

So the "1 shadow" was always two guys.

You cannot have a shadow without someone casting that shadow.

fake edit: I am honestly surprised we don't have a :zen: emoticon that is like a wise old master version of :eng101:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There is a new chapter of this thing.

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/576

That female ninja really took advantage of her limited screen-time for some extreme T&A shots. I'm impressed. The other leotard ninjas tried to compete, in vain.

This is the story about a real tragedy *some boobs fly around*.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 18, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's sort of out of nowhere and I don't really care about it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This is getting really hard to visually follow. The big master fight is losing all sense of placement and geography.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
They're literally fighting with explosions.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

But...but... Kushinada ( . )( . ) style mayhem!

This is cool but kind of dragging on, and splitting time between three simultaneous battle royales is getting a bit old since none of them have been resolved to date. Kind of having the same issue with One Piece lately, so maybe it's just me.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/579

Kenichi is awesome. This manga is awesome.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New chapter, HSDK 580. There is a lot of non sense but holy poo poo.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Lyon posted:

New chapter, HSDK 580. There is a lot of non sense but holy poo poo.

This manga is really at it's best when it focuses on Kenichi.

Caros
May 14, 2008

dazoner posted:

It really, really is.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dazoner posted:

The art is so much better when the author doesn't have to have SEXY DYNAMIC POSES and can actually show both brutal impacts and their results.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Sucks how bad the translation was. Hopefully someone will release a better version because while I think I was able to make sense of most of their gibberish it would still be nice to read a coherent version of it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lyon posted:

Sucks how bad the translation was. Hopefully someone will release a better version because while I think I was able to make sense of most of their gibberish it would still be nice to read a coherent version of it.

-My last-minute super technique is better than yours. I have sealed your Ki.
-You fool, sealing my Ki has removed my limiter!
-(Some T&A)
-Whoa!!!
-Yeah!!!
-My destructive ki is being countered by your healing punch! Fuccckkk.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
The end of this manga will be Kenichi going through hospital wards punching sick people back to health.

I HEAL YOU WITH VIOLENCE

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KittenofDoom posted:

The end of this manga will be Kenichi going through hospital wards punching sick people back to health.

I HEAL YOU WITH VIOLENCE

It's what Apa has been doing this entire manga. Kenichi just wasn't hurt/sick enough to notice before.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I will beat the life right into you.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

KittenofDoom posted:

I HEAL YOU WITH VIOLENCE

Doctors: "It's amazing! Everyone got healed after being punched by that kid there."
Kenichi: "The gently caress did you say about my hair?!"

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

So uh.

That was a good chapter and that was some great art. Master eyes Kenichi is best Kenichi.

Also this series is really good when it focuses on cool fights with Kenichi, with masters, or stupid training. Sometimes it includes all 3, and that is when you get the best things, like Mysterious Teenager Garyuu X.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 26, 2014

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Chapter 581 out.

:drat:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

That ending better be a fake out... there's no way!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

dazoner posted:

That ending better be a fake out... there's no way!

Haha holy poo poo that was everything I ever hoped and dreamed of. That two page spread is glorious. The Elder will survive somehow though maybe he won't be able to practice martial arts anymore or something. If anything I'm guessing it was the rocket itself that exploded not the warhead so Elder should be able to survive a mere rocket explosion.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

I hope next week he's just all "Oh hey- sup?" :zoro:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This series woild have been real good if it didnt have so much fanservice.

I know its been said so many times but in a chapter as serious as this I couldnt stop my eyes rolling up and out of their sockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

We were really close to this series becoming Disciple of The North Star.

• Locked thread