Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Skipping past the obvious complaints, the ends for those fights were pretty abrupt. Like Sindai mentioned, it's pretty disappointing that whatever Kisara was on about just got skipped/forgotten. Chikage's part was ok, though, I guess. At least something finally happened there.

Whatever, there's no more fights left besides Salaryman vs Kensei so lets get on with it.

Chikage's scene was really Kenichi's victory. Proving the worth of katsujinken, and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'll admit, I did not see that coming at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ogata only cares about martial arts, though. I don't really see him killing any babies. Most of the other fists, sure, but he is a different brand of crazy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

That is both grim and dark. And from how it is portrayed Ogata wants to die from killing that fetus.

I don't think that is it. Ogata didn't give up on raising disciples or researching martial arts. I'm pretty sure he hasn't given up killing people, either. The buddha carving thing was his way to atone for what he saw as a crime. He finished carving them, so he probably thinks he has atoned enough. Ogata simply isn't that selfless, and he remains perfectly fine with killing anyone who is willing to fight. He isn't trying to lose, but rather to escalate the fight to a legitimately challenging death match.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
At least they had a pretty good excuse for gratuitous nudity for once.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dazoner posted:

New Chapter
http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/545

The twist now has me confused, I may need to re-read the manga

That guy hasn't appeared before. Shigure was adopted into the Kousaka family. From there, you can extrapolate the rest fairly easily.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Miu has the physical ability of an expert, but her mentality is rather weak. I guess that is the result of holding back for most of her life.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://readms.com/r/hsdk/559/2274/1

The translation was really lovely this time, but that guy in the suit is totally the elder in disguise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Pretty sure Elder Furinji is too loving huge to be disguised like that. I was guessing it was Saiga Furinji, until he showed up with Yami in the previous chapter.

You are using human standards for the invincible superman, Hayato Fuurinji.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Right now, I'm really looking forward to the Elder and Shigure joining the rest of the masters. They get stronger when they fight as a group, so completing the set is the only way ryouzanpaku could win.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, except for Ba. Ba just likes being contrary.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This is a dumb twist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even though the current arc isn't explicitly about Kenichi, it seemed to be about the pride of martial artists. Kenichi learned from his masters, the yomi disciples learned from him, and then some of the masters learned from their disciples. But now one of the primary conflicts isn't about that at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So the "1 shadow" was always two guys.

• Locked thread