Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Angry Lobster posted:

Chapter 543

Suprisingly clean of ridiculous fanservice. Also, elder's badass.

Im glad Akisame-face got two whole pages because :black101:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hahaha every single woman at the end there just marching away naked.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kave posted:

I have no clue what Ma did to the bewitching fist.

I just assume he used some skill to blow her clothes away?

They all needed to be naked but she still had most of her clothes. Therefore,

KoB
May 1, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

I suspect that the series ending might have been in the cards behind the scenes for a while, though we may not know the exact reasons why (I dunno what sales are like, so I won't presume, and its always possible the author just wanted to be able to do something new). But when you look over how things have progressed since the battle at the island really began, it fits. Almost all the major enemies are there and almost every major character gets a chance to fight, with a sudden mass turn by the weaponless group (or whatever the proper name was, apologies) so they can have some degree of redemption before they finish up. And of course, Kenichi suddenly being pronounced as capable of a master level ki - even just for a moment - because the series won't have the space to let him actually get there otherwise.

Plus, well, the 'war' that had been hyped up is now over after a single battle, because Ryozanpaku and co proved the strength of their ideology, or some such. Toss in a convenient mention of school being the next day, and it does come off as contrived to end things quick.

But, being fair, twelve years is a pretty good run for any series to have, especially for one that started about a guy with no martial arts prowess and would take ages to see regular competence in his skills. If it ends now, I'm at least satisfied that I saw Ken go from quivering at the sight of a knife, to willingly grappling a sword. That's good character development.

I'd say way too many plot threads were just dropped, either he got the chance to end it or it was cancelled.

• Locked thread