Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ethiser posted:

I have not been able to follow the story with Miu's dad at all. So he was just faking being evil this whole time? Is he a good guy now?
I barely understood it as well. :(
But basically his best friend suddenly appeared and was really the evil one. Was that guy even mentioned before all this?

This arc ended well enough despite the problems, it just doesn't feel like an ending to Kenichi's story. I still really wanted to see him face off against Berserker. :shrug:

At least the elder lives. He's still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ethiser posted:

The final battle in the DoD was the best final fight in the series both thematically and story wise and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Honestly, series hasn't been as good since the end of the school arc, where he fights Odin using the styles of all the masters. Best Anime moment too.

Both of you are right.
I loved the anime, it's the only reason I read the manga.

Dervyn posted:

Best character in the series? Shigure's mouse.
You misspelled Nijima.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It was a fine last chapter though I feel that it needed a few more chapters before this one. Silly how the married picture obscures his and Miu's face.

I liked seeing crab hair suddenly show up in Siegs band. Sieg is easily one of the best characters in the story.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nilbop posted:

You must have the lowest goddamn standards. It was literally a one chapter checklist at the end of an abruptly ended arc. That was one of the worst endings I've ever read.

So the entire Eternal Sunset thing was to launch one missile? And none of the big villains even get climactic fights? And we never even see the full design for the head of the weapon division? And the One Shadow Nine Fists are still running around doing ... some stupid poo poo?

It just reeks of a poor author getting bored.

Nah, it's an epilogue and not a real chapter. Two weeks ago he said it was going to be ab epilogue and lo and behold it's a 7 years later where is everyone (including some minor characters) now?
For an epilogue it wasn't bad, for a chapter set after this last arc it was horrid.

Astro Nut posted:

Renka gets her own separate photo, and the little girl in the picture having Miu's appearance but Kenichi's hair colour is an obvious giveaway.

Its likely because it means he doesn't have to draw an adult Kenichi or Miu for differing facial designs - just get one's arm up to Sakaki levels, and the other in a wedding dress, and thus easy implication they grew up without having to figure out how they grew up.

Yeah it really seems lazy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wasn't there supposed to be a big announcement after this chapter?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New manga?
It's good to see the mangaka moving on to completely different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Read up to this page, went 'nope' and closed the tab. I'm tired of this mangaka's pervy bullshit and without the investment I had in early HSDK I've found I'm not willing to put up with it.

Same, not because of the pervy but because it was just so generic. It was a one shot and let's hope that it stays that way.

He is going to do two more one shots. Let's see how completely different those will turn out to be.

• Locked thread