Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like the Author forgot that Kushinada is around 8 feet tall. I guess as soon as another super-master level character appeared she became normal-sized.

Nitpicking aside, lately the chapters that are not filler have been quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Not really; if she can't move her hands/feet it's not like having underwear on is going to expand her options (and if it did then she could just as easily literally use her boobs as a weapon*).

*Honestly surprised this didn't happen

You must be thinking of Mazinger Z.

Anyways: Boobs? On my HSDK? I am shocked!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
She should have copied that lovely version of Bullseye that could kill you with his fingernails.

-Oh no! She's using fake "secret of steel" fingernails!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Is Kenichi at a "guns are worthless" level yet?

Nah, that poo poo is master level. The apparently insurmountable gap between disciples and masters in one of the things I like about this manga. We have seen that Tanaka guy take the step going from expert to master but Kenichi&Co are barely approaching expert level. It would be a good thing to have Kenichi end the story as no longer a disciple-class fighter but not yet a master (since he's supposed to have zero "talent" anyways).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

Also because the plot's kind of falling apart as the artist gets high on his own supply of boobs.

I'm afraid that they'll have to use the power of friendship to somehow convince Miu's dad to go back to the right path since he's obviously way better than all the other masters excluding the invincible superman (who is not going to interfere in the last fight, that would be unfair). Probably team with the good guys to beat the old blademaster.

The strongest teacher on Ryouzanpaku is mustache and he's obviously going to clash with the endowed one soon as his final fight. And even him would be a non-issue for Saiga.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 8, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is also a manga where the good guys are defined for using martial arts in order to protect life (which is the same as Kenshin so my point is that... eh, yeah). Anyways, the only way Saiga could die is protecting her daughter (which is highly likely).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, this reeks of 'didn't know how to keep the plot going' rear end pull. It simply doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons.

Well, it's not like the plot was anything close to good in the first place. Maybe this asspull will help it in the long run. Now that somehow the forces are more or less equal, we won't need some sappy poo poo to deal with the otherwise invincible Saiga (since the elder won't be allowed into the final fight).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Good Citizen posted:

I mean, whatever, sure, it's a thing now. I just think it's pretty clear that this was not what the author planned back when those earlier events originally happened and a lot of things don't make much sense because of it.

Yeah, it is just a silly retcon. Maybe his editors asked for it or whatever. But at least we now have a "final" boss so the series can be put to rest relatively soon. (And no, Saiga was never going to be the final boss -from a fighting perspective- since he is at a different level and, until now, he didn't have an established rival).

So in the end we get tits vs mustache, cool dude vs karate, the Chinese brothers, muay thai fest, and Shigure running around naked.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nilbop posted:

The problem is the story hasn't gone the way it should, and instead of closing the gap between disciples and masters it's constantly increasing.

Just you wait, someday Miu (who is clearly the most advanced disciple) will be able to bend her torso&spine 180 degrees while her tits point to completely different locations, just like ninja lady does!.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Shizuha, of the expanding boobs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There is a new chapter of this thing.

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/576

That female ninja really took advantage of her limited screen-time for some extreme T&A shots. I'm impressed. The other leotard ninjas tried to compete, in vain.

This is the story about a real tragedy *some boobs fly around*.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 18, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dazoner posted:

This manga is really at it's best when it focuses on Kenichi.

The art is so much better when the author doesn't have to have SEXY DYNAMIC POSES and can actually show both brutal impacts and their results.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lyon posted:

Sucks how bad the translation was. Hopefully someone will release a better version because while I think I was able to make sense of most of their gibberish it would still be nice to read a coherent version of it.

-My last-minute super technique is better than yours. I have sealed your Ki.
-You fool, sealing my Ki has removed my limiter!
-(Some T&A)
-Whoa!!!
-Yeah!!!
-My destructive ki is being countered by your healing punch! Fuccckkk.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

In a complete twist Miu is the only girl that didn't end mostly naked! Holy poo poo! (The female knight clothing damage is particularly hilarious).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kave posted:

I have no clue what Ma did to the bewitching fist.

I just assume he used some skill to blow her clothes away?

She was trying to escape and he grabbed her by her clothes to prevent it. If only she would have been naked that wouldn't have happened. Clothes strike someone down again!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good to see that Niijima achieved his dream.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, not-Kenichi and not-Miu will probably not be seen again.

I thought the author would have the restraint of not having clothes being torn to shreds in the one-shot but I guess that was too much to ask (and it doesn't really bother me, it is just so low-effort).

Anyways, "My neighbors, the ninjas" suuuuucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

If he keeps doing one-shots, I'm excited to see just how many designs he recycles. The spitting image of the luchadore girl showed up for a couple panels in there.

Her hair was a bit curlier. She's TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Ok, for the next one shot.

There is a dark-haired teenage boy doing martial arts at an old-style Japanese house garden. A girl with long hair(and huge tits) comes and then... I dunno, I ran out of original ideas. No, wait, Psychic Powers! They are phychic martial arts.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 28, 2014

• Locked thread